eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Tiger Painting By Fred Adell

I found the website of the artist but cannot find any of his paintings for sale online. I emailed him already but in case that he does not answer I am curious what his art is selling for. If anyone happen to see any of his paintings for sale, please, let me know.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
18704d
Community Member

Re: Tiger Painting By Fred Adell

in reply to kardinalisimo

Ok

Please dont' listen to me.. listen to others responding later who know far more than I....

I looked at the painting you posted.

I'd only purchase it if it was smooth enough to paint over and cheaper than buying a blank canvas / canvas board.

I googled him and looked at his website.

All it indicated to me is..

.. anyone can create an inexpensive website.

my apologies,

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to 18704d

It's ok, everybody has different taste. I don't like a lot of paintings of listed artists but they sell for thousands. That is why I will probably never understand art. You are Picasso, you draw a dove and that's a masterpiece? Or you are Kandinsky and your circles and triangles are so precious? Don't get me wrong, that is just a simple example, they are great painters but in general  I don't like the idea that once you get famous, every scribble you make to be of a great value. Who decides that out of 1000 skillful artists only 10 will become world recognized? Destiny, luck? Why some artists are discovered after their death? So, when they were alive their art was not good and after they died it suddenly became a sensation?

Not only with painters, signatures, clothes, possessions of famous people that sell for millions. Anyway....

As far as I understand Fred Adell paints kind of in a "Naive style".  Appears that he has a lotof exhibits  and awards besides the                    " inexpensive website"  but of course that does not mean anything. Don't think that his paintings are masterpieces but he has interesting and different style. To be honest I did not like it at first but it kind of grows on me.

As I said I am just curious what his art is selling for.

Please use plain text.
thelmasstuff
Community Member

Kind of odd that the only sites with Fred Adell paintings are by Fred Adell! 

Please use plain text.
maxine*j
Community Member

kardinalisimo wrote:

It's ok, everybody has different taste...

As I said I am just curious what his art is selling for.

Whatever his mom is willing to pay.

-

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Ok, nobody likes it. I will keep it another 40 years just in case it get more recognition one day 😀
Please use plain text.
gopetersen
Community Member

[ Edited ]

Technique is flawed, but he's prolific and every once in a while he hits a bingo in the sense of creating something charming:

http://static.icompendium.com/artistInfo/fredadel/thumb/32.jpg?0

If he's working from someone else's photos, they have little value. If he's working from life or from his own photos, they have some value to someone (not to me).

I suspect he may be working from other people's photos since there's a picture of pandas in the wild (looks like he's left-handed, they are skewed in that direction) and he probably hasn't seen pandas in the wild. So then, you ask, how much did he alter the photo image. Is it a copy, or something creatively different?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

"After awhile I started sketching... from life, such as my aunt's cats, and of course zoo animals, as well as mounted specimens in the American Museum of Natural History...” and here Fred lays an interesting question before the art world: “...could that be considered a form of ‘still life’?... in their panoramic dioramas, many of them I feel are masterpieces !”

"Mounted specimens and panoramic dioramas as still life...this reveals some of the sensitive originality of an artist who has been painting his inner vision of the wild all his life from within the confines of the city"

So, i guess he never been in the wilderness but definatelly not copying from pictures.
Please use plain text.
gopetersen
Community Member

That's actually a good idea, to draw from dioramas. You can move around it to see different angles.

Please use plain text.
thelmasstuff
Community Member

The High Museum in Atlanta has a whole section dedicated to this type of amateur, almost primitive, art.  I wouldn't discount it right away.  You might try checking in his area to see if there's some obscure market.

Please use plain text.