eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Geico
toolmom462
Community Member

ID. Help: Antique/Vintage Chocolate/candy bunny mold with stamped numbers

Large chocolate bunny mold, made out of some type of metal. He's about 8.5" tall X 9" widest part. 

There are stamped numbers on both pieces.

#313 The first number 3 was stamped weird, with part of the "3" turned. SEE PHOTO

#1 appears on both pieces of the mold. In addition, I believe I see a #4 stamped very faintly and smaller than the other numbers. However, this could be a just a coincidental scratch from the clamps, I'm not sure.

Is the number 313 with the odd stamp "3" a mistake or a hallmark stamp of a specific chocolatier? 

I know nothing about these molds, and didn't realize how collectible they are. I just liked the way it looked and the story I was told from the seller. Her grandmother brought it here from the Netherlands (I think) when her family immigrated to the US, way back when.

Thanks for any incite!

# 313

IMG_1692.JPG IMG_1700.JPG

IMG_1704.JPG

IMG_1706.JPG

Please use plain text.
johnnycb09
Community Member

Re: ID. Help: Antique/Vintage Chocolate/candy bunny mold with stamped numbers

in reply to toolmom462

My mother had a set of these she bought in the 60s,in fact this one is still floating around somewhere.This one could be older,but Id swear it looks exactly like ours.

Please use plain text.
gregsglass
Community Member

in reply to johnnycb09

Hi,

I believe the number is 813 not 313. I have a pewter ice cream mold from Germany with what I thought was 5818 but turned out to be 5813  but realized that the three had a small top and a larger bottom and the eight was the same size top and bottom.

greg

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Please use plain text.
toolmom462
Community Member

in reply to gregsglass

Thank you!

I've stared at this thing for a long time... turning it and everything! The first # has a side ways 3, and the 3-8 actually doesn't have the complete figure 8, although in the photo it looks as though it does. I'll have to get it out again.... LOL! 

Thanks again.

I might try the library. I know there are books that explain the numbers and makers marks.

I hate listing items when I don't know the history behind them.

Thanks again.

Please use plain text.