eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

tcg_etc
Community Member
Accepted Solution

"half percent for Top Rated Sellers"

New safeguards for your status and rewards

The new defect rate has many built-in safeguards to give all sellers who consistently provide great service more leeway and stability for their well-earned status and rewards:

• One measure instead of four. One measure, the defect rate, will replace the current four more stringent detailed seller rating thresholds that allow just 2% low ratings for all sellers and just a half percent for Top Rated Sellers. That means it will be easier for you to keep track of where you stand and you'll have a wider tolerance margin to reduce the chance that you'll be impacted by a single event.

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/springupdate2014/overview.html

Can an ebay rep explain this to me? What does it mean by "a half percent for Top Rated Sellers"?

Please use plain text.
tcg_etc
Community Member

Re: "half percent for Top Rated Sellers"

in reply to tcg_etc
Please use plain text.
nobody*s_perfect
Community Member

in reply to tcg_etc

The current TRS requirement:

Screen Shot 2014-03-11 at 4.26.39 PM.png

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/top-rated.html

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to tcg_etc

tcg_etc wrote:

New safeguards for your status and rewards

The new defect rate has many built-in safeguards to give all sellers who consistently provide great service more leeway and stability for their well-earned status and rewards:

• One measure instead of four. One measure, the defect rate, will replace the current four more stringent detailed seller rating thresholds that allow just 2% low ratings for all sellers and just a half percent for Top Rated Sellers. That means it will be easier for you to keep track of where you stand and you'll have a wider tolerance margin to reduce the chance that you'll be impacted by a single event.

http://pages.ebay.com/sellerinformation/news/springupdate2014/overview.html

Can an ebay rep explain this to me? What does it mean by "a half percent for Top Rated Sellers"?

I'm not an eBay rep but this paragraph refers to the current system that is in place, in which all sellers are not allowed to have more than 2% low DSRs in any one category and TRS are not allowed to have more than 0.5% low DSRs in a category.  The new system, which goes into effect in August, will allow a maximum 5% of the new metric known as "defects" for all sellers and 2% for TRS.

Please use plain text.
tcg_etc
Community Member

in reply to tzudhonym

I get it now. I misread the post. thought it was refering to the new policy.

Please use plain text.
keeneye_collections
Community Member

in reply to tcg_etc

I have not found anything to correct this, but they are comparing apples and oranges here:

• New requirement is no more than 2% with 1,2 and 3 Star ratings
  • Old requirement was no more than 0.5% with 1 and 2 Star ratings

So... we cannot effectively compare the two systems since we DO NOT GET any report telling us how many #3's we've gotten historically.

And... this further demonstrates the eBay requirement that our buyers understand the unspoken rule that '3 - As expected' is actually BAD and that full satisfaction is now officially counted as only 4 and 5 stars.

If I am understanding this incorrectly or have missed an update that states they are still only counting 1 and 2 stars against TRS status please let me know.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to tcg_etc
It's all double speak forked tongue wooing political babbling.

Sure sounds better about 5% but on the other hand it's easier and more ways to get defects.

Which case in point is why a lot of tsr are in danger of losing trs with the new defect system.

Kind of makes me sick to my stomach

Please use plain text.