eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

extremeq
Community Member

Amazon vs eBay Fee Comparison Chart

Your side by side Amazon vs eBay fee chart is very misleading.

Your chart does not include PayPal fees.  The Amazon fees on the chart have the payment processing included.  This is almost like a "lie of omission".   Very unethical.

Remember, PayPal "Double Taps" on the "Shipping Fee" also.  This makes it double insulting.

Also, I must comment on how skillfully lipstick is applied to a pig.   "Simplifying the fee structure", is nothing more than a euphemistic way of announcing a significant "fee increase".  

So, we sellers make much less money, and now we have to put up with the continuous influx of third party ads  on our listings, clickable links on our listings that take our customers to off ebay sites, and the like.

I personally don't understand the logic in much of what was announced today.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Amazon vs eBay Fee Comparison Chart

in reply to extremeq

There is no logic. Only greed.

Please use plain text.
buyerid2014
Community Member

in reply to extremeq

Finally, a post of truth, 100% truth.

"Fast'n Free". Anything on ebay....;-)
Please use plain text.
hightides_beach_shop
Community Member

in reply to extremeq

I have to say, I am highly impressed with the other venue I took so long to officially join as a seller.

I'm almost back to where I was in sales in 02 where my mortgage and all other bills were taken care of with just online sales.

Here, maybe my electric at $30 bucks a month but then again, due to fees mainly, I have slowing cut down listing here as more sales go on over there.

You know how we tell folks to do the research first before they list something?

Same applies to buying into any product.

This includes where your money is going to go and how you make money.

Do he research.

Please use plain text.