Antiques
The Antiques Discussion is for members to share views and suggestions regarding Antiques
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

I need help identifying these antique chairs

My cousin's bought their great grandfathers house and it's full of antiques, the house is over 100 years old. They gave me 4 chairs, this is just one of them. Thanks in advance!

Need help identifying spoons

I got given these spoons for my 18th birthday by my great, great grandfather and have never taken any notice of them until today (sorting out my house to move out!) I know literally nothing about them and have tried to find information on the interne...

Unusual Colored Jewelry Casket

I came across what appears to be a pretty commom art nouveau jewelry casket, but I've never seen one with this weird paint swirl technique before. Have any of you seen a jewelry casket painted like this? It does not appear to be newly painted, and th...

Help identify porcelain lamps

Can anyone tell me anything about these lamps? My friend gave them to me. They belonged to her deceased mom who had them for years.

image.jpg image.jpg

Metal Compote?

I know absolutely nothing about this piece. I think the top bowl is bronze and not sure about the legs as they are dark and do not polish. No maker marks that I can find. A name is engraved "Libbie" on one side of the bowl. Any help greatly appreciat...

Help classifying an "Empire" cabinet

The doors have been removed (but are stored) that should close over the cabinet shelves . I've been told that it is a Jackson Press - but in a few minutes of searching I haven't been able to find any comparable pieces online - the two drawers over ca...

IMG_2172.JPG

Like A brass/metal stand chandelier/lamp

Hello, may God keep on blessing you all.I'd be overly thankful if someone here helped me to find out what's the worth/year/brand of a lamp I l've had for 9 but I had not pay attention to it.It was painted, but its real color is between white and bone...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors