Antiques
The Antiques Discussion is for members to share views and suggestions regarding Antiques
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Hunting Dog Figure

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but was wondering if I might be able to get any info on this Hunting Dog Figure - may be an English Setter. I bought this piece through an on-line auction - very cheap!!! The base is about 15 inches lo...

User avatar by Scout
  • 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is this a whale oil lamp?

Lamp measures approximately 6" tall. Made from a non magnetic metal. Pewter? spelter?. Thanks for any help.

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Stoneware Jug-Vintage Wine Pitcher- German Pitcher

Hello all, We found this beautiful porcelain pitcher here in Belgium and was wondering if anyone knows more about it. It has a partial label that you can see on the pic " igswinter" It also has markings on the bottom. If anyone can help I would great...

Help

Does anyone know what this is

Ben Earl Looney Painting

I'm wanting some advice on selling a Ben Earl Looney water painting. I'm familiar with the artist, but I am not sure the value or the best way to sell

Itemizing and insuring your collection

I'm wondering how many people insure their collections and how they go about doing it? I've been collecting antique tools for 25 years and I'm at the point where I'd be devastated if something happened to my collection (stolen, fire, etc). I have abo...

Ivory and Ebony Walking Stick bent out of shape... fix?

I have an Ivory and Ebony walking stick that was gifted to me. It is an antique, from the Eduardian or Victorian era. It is a beautiful walking stick, however it is bent out of shape. It is not too terribly bent, but it is noticable. The person who a...

Help Identify Figurines

Hello,I inherited these figurines and cannot find anything about them. Was told they have been in family for generations. They are made of wood and look Asian to me. Any info or who I could contact for info would be greatly appreciated.Thank you

Silver box,navajo ?

Hi all. Recently picked up this box thinking it might be Navajo,but unable to confirm so far. Its 2 1/2 inches high,4 wide,and there is "21" scratched in the inside bottom and the back. There are also what I think are the intials "MT" ? Any ideas are...

German Lidded Beer Stein with DRM Marks

Hello All, I purchased this german beer stein and wanted to know what the E.bay stamp on the underside is. I was told this was a german stein and with the DSM & DRM stamps in the lid I was sure it was. Just want to make sure what the E.bay stands for...

Possible IRISH Chair?? Any Experts??

Would love any further information anyone could give on this chair....Several years ago (2001?), this chair was taken to Casa Loma in Toronto when the British Antiques Roadshow was in Canada....We didn’t get it evaluated by a British expert but by a ...

User avatar by Scout
  • 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Do you kno this Sterling mark

We came into possession of 8 of these Sterling silver plates and I am not finding this mark in my books? They are 6 3/4 inches and 10 oz each

sterlingplate 002.JPG sterlingplate 005.JPG
Most Marked as Helpful Authors