Antiques
The Antiques Discussion is for members to share views and suggestions regarding Antiques
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! How to advertise a wrought iron hall tree

I'm new to selling vintage/antique items on ebay. I bought this wrought iron hall tree at an antique store in Oakland, CA that specialized in French antiques. But, there are no markings on the piece to indicate its origin. It looks art deco to me, bu...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Help identify antique wood carved painted cutout top picture frame 1904?

My mom gave me this; I believe she picked it up at a quilt show or a craft fair. It is marked on the back 1904, perhaps that 'is' the actual age of the frame (it is def. old!)? At the very bottom on the back it may have been signed; it is impossible ...

wooden slant top desk appraisal

Can anyone help with the wooden slant top desk appraisal ? My mother purchased it 50+ years ago as an antique then.

Woburn abbey collection by baker furniture co

I found this piece at a auction last night. I am trying to fine out more about it, but no luck. Think it was made in 1969. I have sera he the Internet and came up empty handed I was trying to see if this is a baker furniture piece or just a knock off...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

What Is This Old Tool ??

I Am Having trouble identifying this old tool. It is about 8 1/2 inches long, the end of the wood has been heavily hammered from use. The forged end is 2.5 inches wide and curved. I thank you for your time.

IMG_3302.JPG IMG_3303.JPG IMG_3306.JPG IMG_3309.JPG

Getting replies from the community

When I make apost with a question, how doI know if I get a reply? Do I have to return to the community to see whether or not I received the help or answer that I requested? Will it go to my inbox? (Preferred) I do not spend a lot of time in the commu...

Help with marks on silver plate spirit kettle

Hello all! This lovely spirit kettle is a recent acquisition. It is obviously in plate over copper, and in fairly good condition with the stand, no spirit burner though. The mark makes me think it is Sheffield plate (given the crown), however this is...

20171206_103812.jpg 20171206_103844.jpg 20171206_103917_HDR.jpg

Antique Umbrella Help

Hi there,I was given this antique looking Parasol/Umbrella as a gift from a friend. I do not know anything about it?According to my friend, the umbrella part was used in India on top of elephants back in the day? it has a new pole and base.If anyone ...

Help with Dresden / Meissen Style Porcelain Chandelier

Hey, everyone! Just wondering if someone can give me some details or info on this antique porcelain chandelier. My Mom purchased it in Bavaria, Germany back in the 1960s from an antique dealer. It was already wired for electricity at that time and ha...

15A15DBD-9586-467C-826B-44CE21FFE2E3.jpeg 4B0BA863-2B77-41FE-9B76-29E71661B6EA.jpeg C0906D41-465C-4038-9B36-67A37387FB1E.jpeg 460F62EF-07E4-43DB-B9D6-D85B6E7CB167.jpeg

Spaghetti Cats

These mid-century Italian pottery cats are extremely scarce and difficult to come by- I have been collecting for 2 years and am still lacking the following; all of the ones I see that come up for sale on the rare chance are ones that I already own. I...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors