cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signed Walter Winkler 1910 Wooden Sled Research Help

This company from my knowledge of the owners son was a contributer to a road sprinkling system, called Winkler Sprinkler, and this Walter Winkler made this sled in 1910 for some reason....they apparently also did some work for studebaker...It's an amazing piece, but I'm having trouble getting information, can you help? Thank You

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Signed Walter Winkler 1910 Wooden Sled Research Help

I found a listing in an old newspaper for a Walter Winkler who graduated from grammar school in South Bend, Indiana in 1917. Perhaps he was a child of whoever made the Winkler sprinkler?

I see notices from the late 1800s about the Winkler sprinkler, and also saw one mention that it was manufactured in South Bend. 

The inscription on the sled appears to have been specially put on that sled for the person who received it for Christmas in 1910. It is probably the same Walter Winkler who graduated from grammar school in 1917. In 1910 he would have been approximately 7 years old.

The list of grammar school graduates is on page 18 in the South Bend News-Times. Walter Winkler is the last graduate listed:

https://newspapers.library.in.gov/cgi-bin/indiana?a=d&d=SBNT19170617.1.18

----------
Current avatar: Actress Myrna Loy.
Message 2 of 2
latest reply