cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeking information regarding oak cabinet

I am after information regarding this cabinet I purchased. The only details provided were that it was from the arts and crafts period. I would love to know the significance of the dates, where it may be from and what the carved images could be referring to. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

the arts and crafts period was approx. 1900-1920.  the second date on this piece is well beyond that period.  also, it is not arts and crafts style.  probably from the 1950s-60s

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Did you not notice that the majority of your photographs are sideways?   And, if you'd like assistance with identifying imagery,  I suggest you post close-ups of the carved panels.

Debora

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

Have you examined it closely for any possible manufacture marks or names?

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Apologies. I used my phone to take the photos and uploaded them directly. I didn't realise they appeared this way. Here are close up photos of the panels. Thank you. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

There are no manufacture marks or names unfortunately. 

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

I don't mean to be unpleasant but...  if you're asking for information re your cabinet, is there a reason why you can't post carefully framed close-up photographs of the carved panels straight on and right side up?  I'm bowing out because I'm unwilling want to spend so much time just figuring out what I'm supposed to be seeing.  Good luck.

Debora

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thank you to those who provided feedback regarding the cabinet. If there is anyone out there that can assist further,  I would love to hear from you. Thanks again. 

Message 8 of 8
latest reply