cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help with the attribution of the mark - the letter "K" in the horseshoe.

Periodically faced with this when browsing mark Austrian bronze, but much less than mark "AR" (Arthur Rubinstein)...

Usually with this brand and is also the name of the sculptor, but today I found a small statuette, which only has this marking.

Does anyone know what is this bronze casting workshop?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: Please help with the attribution of the mark - the letter "K" in the horseshoe.

It is clearly next to new, and not an antique. A modern decor item.

" You can't lose the item and the money, you never own both.”.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Re: Please help with the attribution of the mark - the letter "K" in the horseshoe.

And what about this items?

It is modern decor items also?

Thank you for your opinion, but I'm sure it's antique bronze - Austria - 1900-1930 years.

And I really want to know the name bronze casting workshop, which put a this mark - "K"

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Those do appear to be older, but there may well be no connection between the first item and the others. 

" You can't lose the item and the money, you never own both.”.
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Thanks, but I don't have an opinion about the presence / absence of a connection between all these subjects.

I want to know only one thing - what was the name of the bronze casting workshop, the hallmark of which was the letter "K" inside of a horseshoe?

Only this question interests me.

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

I found a few examples of this foundry mark but never the foundry name.  Most were attributed to being Austrian and French from the 1920's.  Many European foundries were nationalized and many destroyed in WWII so it may have literally disappeared.  You may be able to trace it back from the biographies of some of the artists using it but that would be a difficult.  Museum curators and art historians may have some kind of index of foundry marks, but I have never found one on line.  This is more likely a "commercial" or mass produced piece becuse the artist and the edition are not identified in the casting and I found other pieces that were lamps.  Good luck, you have a pretty piece and I think you are right on the age.  

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

Thank you so much for your advice and support.

I will continue to look for information.

I hope that this issue ever will be asked professionals who possess this information...

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

I present to you another sculpture, which was made in the same workshop.

Sculptor is Bormann.

I really hope that anyone of the experts knows what is the name of the bronze casting workshop, which was designated as the letter "K" inside of a horseshoe...

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Please help with the attribution of the mark - the letter "K" in the horseshoe...

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Please help with the attribution of the mark - the letter "K" in the horseshoe...

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Here is a list of books about foundries and foundry marks; one of these might have some useful information:

http://americanart.si.edu/research/tools/art/marks/

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Peter Tereszczuk, the artist who created the inkwell with the young farmer and girl drinking from a jug in the pictures above, was active as a sculptor in Vienna from about 1895 to 1925. I have an ideantical inkwell, albeit without the damage to his leg seen in these pictures. Hopefully this will help narrow the timeframe in which the foundry was active. I am researching this hallmark tool but have not had any luck yet. I would dearly love to know the name of the foundry as well.

Message 14 of 15
latest reply

Good afternoon.

Yes, I know that it's Tereszczuk - it is a photo of my inkwell.

If you collect works of this master - I would very much like to communicate with you and exchange views.

Perhaps it will be helpful to both of us) If you are interested - email me at 3579284@mail.ru

Message 15 of 15
latest reply