cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a child's table, sample or doll furniture? Also, is it antique?

IMG_6248.JPGIMG_6249.JPGIMG_6250.JPGIMG_6251.JPGIMG_6252.JPGIMG_6253.JPGIMG_6254.JPGIMG_6255.JPGIMG_6263.JPG

Don't know anything about this table  Was wondering what it is  Also, the style, wood, and age  Thank you in advance   Measures approx  28" long across the top   15 5/8" tall  17" wide  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Because it sits so high, I would not think this was doll furniture. I would guess it's a childs table, but have never seen one with drop leaves.  Good Luck to you.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

I rather think this actually has the possibility of being a saleman's sample. It seems to be a working mirror image of a full size gate leg table and at just over a foot tall it is too big for a dollhouse, too small for a child, and really too elaborate I feel to have been intended for a doll. Just my thoughts and I do not qualify as an expert by any stretch. Really cute piece!!!

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

One good thing I see regarding age, although I'm not an expert, is the flathead screws. Philips didn't happen much until the 30's or 40's I think, and that was industrial or machinery as opposed to carpentry. But my modernish wood stuff mostly has Philips just cuz it's easier to use. Just a thought, not meaning "antique" (100+) but still looks pretty old...

As mentioned before, model or sample might be a good suggestion. I'd love to see chairs to that scale. Weird size...

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@annadryl I have a chair that was purchased with it but I believe it was married I could be wrong
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Go sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

As Good as It Gets I absolutely love this movie
Message 5 of 5
latest reply