cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Antique Lamp Identification

I need help identifying this lamp. I believe it is based on Goldschein's sculpture. 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

It is not antique (100 years old). there was a mall chain store in the 1990s that sold this stuff.  don't remember the name

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

HaHa, okay so she is Vintage. I'm quite savvy about age, this isn't from the 90s. I am assuming it's probably early 60s even though Orientalism wasn't really having a renaissance at that time.  Any one that actually has some knowledge would be great. I am attaching the Goldscheider Terracotta that she is obviously based on. The moorish base she is seated on is hand carved soapstone on top of a hardwood base. She is hand painted and the hardware is brass. 

Thanks for any help. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hmmm, so you post a lamp that you know is vintage in an antiques forum then insult our most helpful member but are still hopeful of assistance? It is obvious you know what sculpture it was based on and hopefully you have looked for a makers mark. This is not a 60's kitsch forum, it is an antiques forum. What more do you want from us? With all due respect it does not strike me as a quality piece from a high end maker. If it were mine I would market it as 60's kitsch for a modest sum.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, neither of you wrere helpful or informed. I'm sorry but both of you had a very agressive, pointed and insulting tone. Why are either of you responding to me when you do not have the answer to my question? Jesus, the internet brings out the worst in people. Please leave me alone.  

Message 5 of 5
latest reply