cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

identifying porcelain figurine mark

i cant find this marking and signature DERBY? I included a pic of the figure as sometimes the colors help any Help will be appreciated.1448802131877.temp.jpg1448802174417.temp.jpg1448802239725.temp.jpg 

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

The written word is upside down but it says Germany. You might try looking for your mark at porcelainmarksandmore.com

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Good morning,

The "CROWN" over a "N" porcelain mark was originally used by the Capo-di-Monte porcelain factory of Naples, Italy from 1771 to 1821, when the company closed, and many of the original molds were purchased by the Ginori factory in Doccia, Italy. The mark was continued to be used, not only by this company, but also by a few other porcelain factories in other countries, such as Spain, France, Germany & West Germany. I beleive your figurine is probably West Germany made from the 1950's- 60's time frame. West Germany was notorious for manufacturing forgeries of numerous porcelain items that were distributed hroughout the world. Also, the mark is still in use today by various companies.. Hope this helps.  

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Hello thank you for your help, i really dont think it is N tho, it looks more like an X: with two dots.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply