cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

silver estate brooch with natural pearls - need help identifying!

Hi! I'm new around here, and I don't know much about jewelry, especially fine jewelry. 

I have a really beautiful brooch that appears to be silver (it's tarnished). It's covered in natural pearls. Has anyone seen this particular design before? Could it be a designer piece? It came with clip-on earrings, but one of them has some pearls missing. I feel like it's probably mid-century, but I'm clueless. Any help would be so greatly appreciated!!!

🙂

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, the Pearls are Baroque (uneven) (not round) the age will be from a picture showing the back,  the pin style. Also show one of the earring backs if you can, someone might reconize the set.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for the info! I am almost positive they're real, but I'm not an expert. I'm attaching the additional photos you suggested. Hopefully someone will come along who can help to identify them. I have studied them carefully and I can't find any markings of any kind...

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hi,are there any makers mark or silver mark on  the pin or earring? The Pearls are real and I bet the silver is sterling. Some of the older pieces were not marked but the earring looks 1940 s. I may be off on this time frame maybe someone has one and knows for sure the year it would have been made. The pin looks late 30s early 40s, the long pin protudes the closure and the other end how the pin sits pretty much ages the piece. 

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thank you again for your insight! I really appreciate it! They're a set, so that makes me think this is probably early 40's (if they earrings looks newer and the pin looks a bit older). I know that there are items like this by Mikimoto and Ming's (I've been doing a lot of diggning online lol), but there are no markings on this that I can see. Did either of those makers have unmarked items?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Its possible,just dont know that much about the Pearl jewelry makers.You might find replacement Pearls on ebay or jewelry supply stores that carry a single drilled hole Pearl. Little glue on the earring spike and plop the pearl on the spike. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
latest reply