cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Made in Czechsolv Necklace pieces Art Deco perhaps?

Looking for any information at these pieces.  the larger piece with the chain is part of the "necklace" but my aunt put a chain through it for a bracelet.  She picked these pieces up in some little store way back when.  At any rate, we are looking for any info.  the green stones have the look of a plastic, bakelite perhaps but it seems softer to the touch.  Metal of some type can't ID, tho pics look like plastic ... Art Deco sort of styling ... Any info on age perhaps worth ?

TIA! for any info

005.JPG002.JPG

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

very pretty and does look art deco.  THe green could be chalcedonty glass, or possibly molded celluloid. Metal could be brass but most likely was a mix.  Probably had a gold wash at one time.  Probably meant to mimic the carved jade pieces coming out of China at hte time.

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I have a friend who is very knowledgeable re: jewelry ... lives in another state tho!  but she said thought it could be calcedony as well.  Also thought perhaps imperial jade. guess we are going to have to have a jeweler look at it for sure.

Thanks for your help and anyone else that wants to opin!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

I doubt imperial jade would be set in brass, but if you arent sure its always best to have it tested

photo 0bd055e0-f76a-4f06-b6fc-f8dfa2c4abf8.jpgisn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the input, I too didn't think it could be jade for that same thought, altho, not sure it's brass as yet. will have it looked at by a pro.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

Put the piece(s) in question up to your face (chin or cheek) Jade is freezer cold, glass is cool but quickly warms and plastic holds no coolness.Wrote a guide about it, but not many have seen it. Oh by the way................Hi!    Smiley LOL

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

Hey oldasdirt2012: Thanks for that information!  The stone is initially verrry cold, but does warm up so I guess glass? But the back doesn't look shiny like glass would it's dull with striations and small pits (viewed through a jewelers loop)  What's the link to your guide?  Smiley Wink I'd like to read it!

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Hi, I wrote a couple of them. Why ebay makes it so hard for people to find is confussing to me. You have to click on the feedback number of the person who has the guide and assume they wrote something unless they didnt. LOL I feel another guide coming on. "How to find guides written by ebay dealers". No my next guide will be on metals,gold & silver. I am not an expert, just know enough to get into trouble. Smiley LOL

http://search.reviews.ebay.com/members/oldasdirt2012

Message 8 of 8
latest reply