cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help with an ID on a brooch please. Any help appreciated.

A friend gave me bags of things to sell. I don't know the first thing about jewelry but I am giving it an all out effort.

I find this brooch interesting.

3 1/2" X 2 1/8"

The center is glass with an etched out design from behind. First stones, pearls (i'm guessing not real. 2nd stone...Green with white scarab, 3rd pale coral color?

4th dark red, garnet maybe? The bee also has a dark red gem. Star has a pearl and the last flower green stone and two very small pale purple gems?

It is not magnetic so I am guessing brass??

I want to list it but don't know much about it. Thank you, Donna @ La Boutique Garage

DSCN1624.JPGDSCN1619.JPG

DSCN1623.JPG

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Looks like a very awesome Goldette brooch!

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Hi:

Interesting brooch, I think the main section would be referred to as intaglio glass (carved from back).

The upper sections appear to be soldered findings. 

I have seen similar makeovers with hard to sell stickpins soldered into basket style brooches to simulate flower baskets.

Perhaps someone with acess to jewelry findings put this together as many of the backs appear similar, and the two end pieces are the same.  Also, the pins that the embellishments are soldered to appear to be replacement brooch pins. JMO

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I had almost the exact brooch but mine was round not oval. It is an unsigned Goldette intaglio brooch. I sold mine on eBay for 125.00 a few years ago. It's a beauty!

Message 4 of 4
latest reply