cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone know if this is a Mayan/Aztec God or Warrior? Vtg Rose Gold Ring Help!

Greetings to all! I'm hoping I'm in the Right Place at the Right Time to help ID this fabulous Ring! I've done so much research, and seems there's a lot of info to confuse meSmiley Tongue I think this is Guatemalan? And appears to be a Mayan God or Warrior. Figure is etched and cut out and band is Silver, quite ornate. To me, it almost looks Mexican? There are no hallmarks, but my jeweler did say it's Rose Gold and Silver. My acid tests it as 14k. But would love some Key Words and Info on who this might be and the Origin. Haven't seen ANYthing like it on ebay or google so far! Many Thanks!heart
Mayan Ring Boards 001.jpgMayan Ring Boards 002.jpgMayan Ring Boards 003.jpg

Curious Minds want to Know
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Anyone know if this is a Mayan/Aztec God or Warrior? Vtg Rose Gold Ring Help!

Hey there, what  cool ring! The construction of it looks Mexican to me. It is nicely made and has hand tooled engraving. The tapered bezel is impressive. This ring was fabricated by hand, not cast. I know this because I am a silversmith who prefers to fabricate myself and I recognize the techniques. As for the figure, I have no idea. It is obvoiusly a traditional symbol. It has a Mayan flair to it for sure but I'm not an expert on their symbology. I hope this helps and thanks for sharing such a neat piece! I'll be interested to hear what you find out!

Message 2 of 2
latest reply