cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winter Storms Hit Northwest Oregon—Shipping, Communication Potentially Delayed

Share Post
Verified Blogger
Verified Blogger

Due to severe winter weather in Portland and other parts of northwest Oregon, communication, power, and transportation lines may be disrupted.

If you are involved in an eBay transaction with a buyer or seller in this region, please note that their ability to communicate or complete your transaction may be delayed due to these severe conditions. We encourage you to be patient in this matter, both throughout the transaction and when providing feedback after your item arrives.

Rest assured that sellers need not worry about their eBay seller performance due to delays caused by these conditions. We will continue to monitor the situation and include any sellers who may be affected.

• Announcements
28 Comments

Oregon AND Washington.

idaho

by 915ers · Adventurer
915ers
Adventurer

In WA here. USPS services had been interrupted in certain areas because of snow and temporarily inaccessible. My packages wasn't pick up the other day even it was scheduled 

corpseheads
Thrill-Seeker

You mean like you did for Hurricane Matthew?  I was not protected by that storm as was promised. What did that feebay rep say to me on the voice mail she left on my phone?  "Hi and I'm calling from Ebay on a recorded lie". She actually said LIE and I believe her. 

by atlanticnj · Adventurer
atlanticnj
Adventurer

I was helped. Sort of i just called and complained and it was taken care of

by user18ci · Rising Star
user18ci
Rising Star

here in Vancouver, Wa southern portion...snowed in ...unable to get to the post office or have mail picked-up....hopefully my customers will be patient and understanding

seller_news_team wrote:

Due to severe winter weather in Portland and other parts of northwest Oregon, communication, power, and transportation lines may be disrupted.

If you are involved in an eBay transaction with a buyer or seller in this region, please note that their ability to communicate or complete your transaction may be delayed due to these severe conditions. We encourage you to be patient in this matter, both throughout the transaction and when providing feedback after your item arrives.

Rest assured that sellers need not worry about their eBay seller performance due to delays caused by these conditions. We will continue to monitor the situation and include any sellers who may be affected.

by lislawr · Enthusiast
lislawr
Enthusiast

Where is my item I paid for ?????????

Guess I'll need to waste my day on the phone with eBay CS as I am in NW Oregon & my shipping was disrupted...30 packages showing as Not Delivered in Time and now my account has been dinged with my TRS in jeopardy Smiley Sad

Exactly how does eBay protect Sellers in these instances? 

by onionshow · Pathfinder
onionshow
Pathfinder
So many parcels not update ~!!so many buyers want the item or refund.I am Crazy everyday when open the my Ebay~ how ebay protect us the seller??
by mr.partout · Adventurer
mr.partout
Adventurer

Richland Oregon 2ft of snow no delivery of my mail here for a week.

by pirate_snoopy · Scout

Hi, @lislawr.

Where is my item I paid for ?????????

This is no place to be posting this.

If the last estimated delivery date passes (found in your My eBay Summary), you should go to the Resolution Center and open an "item not received" case.

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

by jimkyle · Adventurer
jimkyle
Adventurer

they dont protect anyone unless you want to waste hours on the phone, i got a negative after spending an hour on the phone with fedex as they had changed delivery date 3 times and the latest was after christmas, i managed ot get them to get it there on the 23rd and the no good buyer still leaves a negative after he knows of this problem, my parents almost died in a wreck because the weather was so bad and hes mad because it was delivered a day after ebays not even close delivery estimate but still 2 days before christmas and 4 days before the changed date of the 27th, shows that buyers dont care, thats what the walmarts and amazons and ebays have done is make the buyer think they are always right when most of the time they havent a clue, i give sellers plenty of leeway when i buy being a seller myself as i know things can happen that arent the fault of the seller, time ebay lets us run things like we want to and not tell us how it should be done, buyers can read and if they dont like it then they dont have to purchase it, if they purchase it then they should follow the rules we have set for our store, were the ones paying for it, noone tells me how to run my store ij m y town, i pay my rent and run it the way i want too, if the buyer doesnt like it go pay more at the store down the street.

rocks2dust
Thrill-Seeker

Though there have been some breaks, this series of storms hasn't ended yet. People and entire communities in my general area have been unable to make or receive deliveries for several days, and it is not yet over. Perhaps a notice is in order? This is actually worse than the December event.

A series of storms beginning Jan. 6 has resulted in impassible roads and major delays in areas of northern California, northern Nevada and southern and eastern Oregon. While services have continued at some level, carrier pickups have been interrupted, as well as ground and air transport in several areas due to major flooding, snow and ice accumulations. The storm warnings for this area are now set to expire Wednesday  Jan. 11.

rockz1101
Thrill-Seeker

Jan. 11, 2017 from Lake Oswego, Oregon, South of Portland. We have varied elevations in this lake community. I personally measured 6 inches of snow this morning. More snow has been announced and is currently snowing @ 7:39am at my location. Due to the elevation of my location, there will be no USPS mail delivery to me nor postal services available, mostly likely for days. 

tanner19882002
Adventurer

Why no mention of the snow for North Carolina I had no mail pick up on the 7th of Jan. Due to the snow and ice we got the postal carriers could not deliver to everyone so mine did not get picked up till Monday. 

by mr.saddle · Adventurer
mr.saddle
Adventurer

Our Snow in oregon Twords "Grants Pass" is just now melting Down. Just now trying to get back on track wtih our orders, as well as usps They are super backed up in our littel country town... 

good to know ebay has our back, as long as we ship in our handling time. ty

groovyfavesgrl
Adventurer

HI Let's hope so as I have had no mail for the past 3 days due to this weather. I now have 3 packages waiting either at home here to be picked up or at the blue Postal Mailbox to be picked up. Notice left per email road not passable for mail to be picked up. Ebay better have our back as this storm is worse than December's storm situation. 

by goldencrowshop · Adventurer | Updated
goldencrowshop
Adventurer

I just hung up from talking to Ebay.  They're telling me that my zip code in Hillsboro, OR was NOT affected.  Interesting because schools have been closed pretty consistently since mid-December due to snow/ice.  I've even missed work.  

jrgiftsandmore
Adventurer

i84 both ways closed for over a hundred miles east and also closed into and out of portland and yet no protection? much worse than last time and yet when i call they say they have heard nothing, i work at ups and 3 nights they called and asked if i wanted to stay home because there was hardly any boxes to do, last storm we had plenty of boxes, you would think they would offer some protection but seems they dont care.

Does anyone have a status on what ebay is doing to help Eastern WA sellers?  In Spokane area we had portions of I90 closed, Snoqualmie Pass to Seattle was closed, and even our airport was closed.  It took 2 extra days for the postal service to get down the road to deliver/pick up packages and additional time to get their trucks to our urban hub.  I have a customer threatening negative feedback because their first class item hasn't arrived after 5 days in transit.  I am told that our zip code didn't qualify - not sure why considering we didn't even have our international airport open!  Is there anywhere else to go to address this issue or am I stuck with "customer service"?

by keyscaper · Adventurer
keyscaper
Adventurer

Just got off the phone with support because we lost top rated status due to late shipments in this time frame. They told me that there were no protections in place for Oregon in the time frame (Dec, Jan) for weather related issues. 

Is this true? We had at least 3 days were FedEx, UPS and USPS could not make pickups or deliverys from Dec 1- Jan 16th. 

by selenajg · Adventurer | Updated
selenajg
Adventurer

Hello Ebay The Northwesten part of the US needs you to Help us out, on the badfeed back due to late shipments due to Mother Nature! Please be advise Oregon did not use salt on there RDs they have just started testing it out , the whole state was declared and Nat. Em. and Wa. and Id. Have been afectted as well. I  got bad feed back for late shipment, Ebay has not removed it and I have contacted them 2xs about it already. I live on the State line of Oregon and Washington , and some people are still dealing with the snow and Ice, my Dad has been snowed in scence Dec 8th,  We are suppose to get hit with more snow and Ice in the next 3 days, My dad may get up to 24 inches in the Columbia Gorge. Really Bad winter for us ur here this year I-5 & I84  have been shut down so many times due to ice. We really need ebay to step up and help us out this winter.

by selenajg · Adventurer
selenajg
Adventurer

and we are getting hit again right now!!!!!! Oregon and Washington!

uniquebydesign360
Adventurer

Please Note:  I live in Graham, Wa, and we received 2 feet of snow overnight.  Please include Washington in the message, as it does matter, thank you.

by pirate_snoopy · Scout

@uniquebydesign360

Lol, eBay would be updating this thread all the time if they added every time somewhere got snow.

uniquebydesign360
Adventurer

True, but eBay has a way of holding innocent sellers responsible for things not in theircontrol i.e the weather, so I just want the i's dotted, it portects me, and my customers.

by etesic · Rising Star
etesic
Rising Star
Spoiler

seller_news_team wrote: