Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Top Rated Seller Invoice Issue - Resolution

Share Post
Verified Blogger
Verified Blogger
Last Edited 01:40:37 PM

The issue regarding Top Rated Seller discounts not being shown on invoices has been resolved. All affected sellers have been contacted by eBay.

For impacted sellers, the accurate amount - including the Top Rated Seller discount - will be processed via the payment method on file, and resulting net charges can be seen on My eBay and Seller Hub.

We know this is a busy time of year for your business, and we apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for selling on eBay, and have a safe, happy, and successful holiday selling season.

Original post.

• Announcements
93 Comments
militarychad
Adventurer

I have not been contacted and my invoice is still wrong????/

antique.cottage
Trailblazer

if you go to your ACCOUNT tab, you should see the AMOUNT DUE to be the correct amount, at least lower than what you see on the invoice.   Not sure that the corrected amount will change on the invoice, but it did change on my AMOUNT DUE.   HTH

codenameransac
Pathfinder

My account is displaying incorrect information also.  Specifically, tracking uploaded and validated data.  Just keeps plummeting even though I've processed every sale within the 24 hour window (usually within an hour).  Calling ebay tomorrow!

by lelou68 · Adventurer
lelou68
Adventurer

I reported the error on my invoice days ago. I have not been contacted by ebay. My invoice still does not reflect my TRS discount. So the issue has not been resolved for all affected sellers.

extreemtactical
Pathfinder

My invoice has also not been corrected nor have I been contact by eBay. 

by lelou68 · Adventurer
lelou68
Adventurer

OK, although there is no correction to the invoice, now I see a credit in my account summary. I

by eurocyclist · Rising Star | Updated
eurocyclist
Rising Star

eBay is full of garbage. It clearly appears to be an Intent to Defraud with regards to Top Seller Ratings, not reflecting the correct status on accounts accurately. Even having tracking upladed within 24 hrs, and tracking verified it was delivered within the timeframe allotted, eBay's system shows that it is slow, which intentionally impacts Invoice Discounts and Ratings. This is the most blatatant attempt to defraud eBay has ever exhibited. I've called as well, they state we will look into the issue, and get back with you, never any correspondence, nor change in Seller Ratings. It is past time for another Class Action against eBay, and to enlist the help of Federal Agencies, to fight back.

by 1st-oliveoyl · Guide
1st-oliveoyl
Guide

Why is the error, glitch, screw up NEVER in the Seller's favor? 

plentytoylots
Adventurer

I spotted this issue last month and contact Customer Service with no resolution. So hopefully the credit is for more than one month's invoice. I manually went and verified this "late shipment" issue and 80% of my items being shown as "shipped late" were false and incorrect. If I, the seller, earn the discount please give me that properly. 

Thank you

by brake1223 · Adventurer
brake1223
Adventurer

They talk about our discount not being shown on our invoices

How do we know that we actually received them. They don't even

mention that. They fixed the problem using the money from the fees that they own us.

by mastodonia · Adventurer
mastodonia
Adventurer

Again an "issue" which is in eBay's favor.

It's funny how these issues  never benefit the seller...

Also, I wanted to mention that I constantly get punished (thru the "Late shipment rate" rating), because USPS often doesn't update the tracking information for packages, so many packages show as being shipped late, even when I ship everything within 24 hours of receiving payment.

How is it my fault that USPS does a poor job, and how can I fix when it's totally out of my control?

eBay seems to have all kind of clever ways of getting a few more dollars from sellers, on top of the already high fees we pay.

*madonnawannabe
Rising Star

Many thanks to all of you for your comments!  Heck, I thought I was the only one being "punished"!  How naive of me....

I bought "SCAN ME" stickers to put on my packages - hoping the postman would be sure to scan if I prodded a bit.   My good TSP rating is almost GONE.  And I call just about every week to request assistance with something that has gone wrong with Top Rated Seller stuff.  

How does everyone's "Pie Chart" look at the end of the month on the statement?!?!?  eBay seemingly gets a big kick out of my pie chart.  2/3's to 3/4's of my money goes into FEES! And that might not even be considering Postage.  Yet!  I apparently make a lot of money!

See you all at Etsy! 

by qpscable · Rising Star
qpscable
Rising Star

I haven't been contacted by eBay either.

My invoice and my amount due are still the same.

This is ludacris.

artmaxantiques
Pathfinder

We ship every day on time, 100% of the time, however the number keep going down, currently at 95%.  Where do they get our late shipment rate and we have never shipped a single item more than 24 hours after it was purchased?

by reedy9er · Adventurer
reedy9er
Adventurer

This late shipment rate is a con, take it off of our ratings it never worked right anyways.  I should have been top rated for the last 2 years but they say my late shipment rate is 4% when it's actually 0% never have I shipped anything late!!!!!!!!  Why should I be judged by this **bleep** late rate for YEARS! In a year I may be top rated again but I doubt it, but you know what, I don't want to accept returns anyways because you will just con me again when someone changes their mind!

atomshosho13
Adventurer

Im not sure I understand what they are doing as they did credit me some but my bill is astronimical...higher than its ever been! Selling the same as I have every other month...I think they still owe me some credit here! And it would take me forever to go through my account activity line for line...Arghhh!

antiquesohio
Adventurer

Our local  Post Office  has a  "Drop Area"  for packages that already have postage.  This is great,  no waiting in line  but  they  pick  thru  the  dropped  Packages and  Scan   and  Process  all of  the  Priority  ones  first.     1st  Class   and   Media  Mail  has  sat  there  unprocessed  for as  long  as  3  days  when  they  are  busy.     That  is not my fault.  Packages  are always  taken  to the  Drop  Area  within  the  guidelines,  after that I have NO control.   Ebay does not take that into consideration.   So many of their policies are not FAIR  to their Sellers.    Too bad  that  they have a  monopoly  and we are stuck.    Etsy  doesn't  compare.   Thresa

charitprat-0
Rising Star

We were supposed to be TRS as of our evaluation date of November 20th. We have not received this status yet and our tracking uploaded and validated percentage continues t plummet even though we have been shipping everything within our handling time. I've called eBay 3 different times now and continue to be told "there is a glitch, give it a few days and it will adjust." This has been going on for almost a week and a half now and my percentage keeps dropping and no one can explain or offer to fix the issue.

tgtbtantiques
Adventurer

Finally!! Other sellers with the exact same complaints as myself!!

I am so happy that I am not the only one!

Ebay is not helpful and punishes sellers in my opinion and I am sick of making them so much money from all my sales and  eBay has a sneaky way of doing business!

Getting punished when everything is done right is not for me!

They always say they will look into it and never do because they truly do not care as long as they make $$ from you.

This is only one of my many other complaints OF Ebays predatory selfish dirty deals to sellers!

luckyman188
Adventurer

My comment is, ebay makes it very hard now to reach "Top Rated" seller status. I challange any of you to look at my feedback and profile. 100% Positive with 5 stars in all catagories. I have met both requirements for number of sales, and amount of sales. Even have the 30 day return policy. But my main issue that ebay does that's VERY wrong is charging 10% on shipping even if you charge the exact amount. That my friends in nothing but wrong. It is stealing! They are trying to force us into free shipping. Their recomendation is to add enough to the selling price to cover shipping, but as competitive as prices are it's hard to do that. I wish ebay was a little more for the sellers and not all about the buyers. We should be able to rate buyers as they rate us. Simple logic, what would ebay be without us sellers? This is the first comment I have ever posted and have been on here over 16 years. I believe there is strength in numbers. Thanks to all my fellow sellers for trying to be heard.

by mastodonia · Adventurer
mastodonia
Adventurer

Last week was the first time I posted a comment on an eBay announcement.

I read all the other comments and I see there are many sellers who have the same complaints: unfair eBay practices towards Top Rated Sellers, charging a fee on the minimum shipping price, not dealing with issues created by USPS etc.

It's dissapointing that eBay doesn't answer any of these comments and concerns.

Instead of delaing with the sellers issues, it looks like the eBay management is spending a lot of time to find new ways to squeeze a few more pennies from the sellers.

Best of luck to all of you!

tgtbtantiques
Adventurer

You are absolutely correct in all you say!

AND what would ebay be without sellers is one of my questions also.

I also do not like the feedback system set up.

I have had 100% top rated power seller and because one (1) customer decided to leave negative comments and feedback with out even letting the seller know they were unhappy for what ever reason.

I lost my 100% . I have over 800 stars at 100% but now 99.4

because customers do not even have to contact the seller and give them a chance to let them know the problem , which I believe most sellers will accomodate the customer and refund their money. But not even given a chance to do anything about it and customer is allowed to leave degrading and insulting feedback before they even try to make contact and resolve their issue with the seller is totally unfair. 

Cheers to all the sellers that make ebay all the $$$$

I am discusted of jumping thru hoops for ebays nonsense and chilish games.

by lgo201531 · Pathfinder
lgo201531
Pathfinder

eBay does not take care of the seller ever.

My invoices are always wrong, incorrect amounts.

Sellers dashboard is terrible. To reference bulk orders by click on each order # is backwards.
Why would you list the buyers user name and not the address? 

Feedback is a joke. If UPS or USPS has delays, eBay will let the buyers walk all over you.

Stick to Amazon or other sites. Nothing will ever be resolved.

luckyman188
Adventurer

And YES!!! Ebay is making all the money!!! While we try to come out with just a few dollars in our pockets!!! Ebay you need to wake up and take better care of your sellers because there are other places out here to sell and you might wish you had when we are gone!! Think about it......

newforestclothing2015
Rising Star

I have no idea if the discount was applied and know I am afraid to send the discounted amount to my employee. Help??

slickerfallsfinds
Rising Star

Ebay is in the top five of evil entities in the world.  Sellers are leaving in droves and buyers understand they have all the advantages.  We set up our own website and are selling on ebay competitor sites.  They have abused us in every way possible.  This corporation actually displays contempt for the sellers who created their wealth.       

by 1st-oliveoyl · Guide
1st-oliveoyl
Guide

Those of you that drop packages at the PO and run... YES, you DO have some control over your acceptance scans! You can wait to get to the counter and watch your postal clerk scan the packages in. There is no excuse for packages sitting there for 2-3 days. It's your job to ensure your outgoing packages are scanned. 

Whenever I'm at a new to me PO, I wait to go to the counter. My regular POs know to scan them in and they have proven themselves to be dependable at doing it. I "trained" the clerks to scan, by waiting in line and politely insisting they do it. Now, they see me coming and have the scanner ready. 

I print out and use "Please Scan IN" stickers on every package. They are primilarily for the DELIVERY end, not my local PO. We don't have control over scanning at delivery because we cannot be present. 

I'm so relieved that I'm not the only seller having this issue. tRS with 95%  all of a sudden I see my rating drop down to 70% with not explenatition. I call eBay there no help. I think it's totally unfair how they are treating the sellers. they keep saying there is no computer glitch but I don't believe that. All of my tracking and validation isn't working I have to manually put them in. I pray that thy get this under control and corrected. this is not looking good for eBay. 

I've been selling here on eBay on and off for 18 years. I use the bulk shipping tool which makes life extremely easy. One barcode to scan, less paper wasted. I print my package list right on the back of my scan sheet for my records. I also go into the post office and get my sheet scanned. According to USPS, the ONLY way one can get an acceptance scan is to go to the service window. I DO NOT drop and run. Yes sometimes there is an error in scans...that can be fixed with a phone call to USPS. The reason for late shipments can be any number of things though...I'm a one day shipper that also works a full time job. I'm on the east coast which makes timing an issue. eBay works from pst so when I sell late at night say, 2 am est, I see it as being sold today not yesterday...that should give me until tomorrow to get it out-especially if I've printed labels and packed for shipment. If I need to be in at 8 am and can't get home to get more items done for same day (remember, I'm next day) I've been flagged for a late shipment. Why?  Well, eBay has that 2 am purchase selling at 11 pm. Anyway, I would need to have that 2 am item scanned by 5 pm the same day for that NOT to happen. In reality, sellers NEED TO KNOW that acceptance scans are only done during the hours the USPS is open for business at the window. You CANNOT get a scan at 10:30 pm...it's not an acceptance scan. Conclusion?  BRING ITEMS TO THE COUNTER PERSONALLY!  My late shipment is less than 1% and sometimes it's my fault. 

by drea0987m · Adventurer
drea0987m
Adventurer

Hi,

I have not been contacted by eBay and my invoice is still wrong. I did not recieve TRS discount. :-)

by drea0987m · Adventurer
drea0987m
Adventurer

When I take my packages to the post office I have the desk clerk to scan packages while I'm standing there and give me a reciept. I never just drop them off and leave. I've heard many horrible stories about packages left without being scanned. I've get a scanned in reciept for years and never had a problem with any of my packages.

by kyl-erns · Adventurer
kyl-erns
Adventurer

fees and ebay sucks you pay for your store buy your products that you sell then they are like oh use ebay shipping lables to get shipping disconts lol even if you charge 25 cents over what it cost to ship  with there discount to cpover shipping supplys needed for your packging like ink paper what not. mean that stuff adds up fast then to have them  charge a finale value fee for the  shiiping that you charged is high then what there oh to say discount you get for using ebay shipping. so regadless it still cost me the sell to  ship that package to the  buyer why even offer the dam shipping disscount to us sellers. think no one knows #s i mean #s is probably the only thing each launguage, country, and religion that is that is spoke and understood the same way  math is Unervesial it dont change think we think the whole would dont see that scam to have that charged to us sepertly from the the fee for the price of my item. So me the seller store cost , product cost, finale value of my sale cost, finale value on the shipping on that item cost thats 4 things that cost me to sell ony your ebay before the pkg even leaves my front door. but wait still  aint done yet paypal fee cost on the item i sold on your site not paypale ebays but got to have paypal to sell on ebay why so so me other company fabricated by the same company thats already charge a fee for that same transaction to sell .if that dont look like high way robbery wiat till after all that now the dam IRS  Well They Want Money Tooo so if you sell a item for 5 buck ofter all the fees store cost payal tax whats left for me the seller the the one that pays ebays bills and makes them money . I tell you What A peice of williy Wonka Bubble Gum that Turns you into a blueberry pie and maybe 50 cent with a headach of hell with the companys claims

puppybows-com
Adventurer

JUST RECEIVED MY INVOICE. DID NOT GET MY TOP RATED PLUS DISCOUNT 

by willieckma · Adventurer
willieckma
Adventurer

I DO NOT HAVE ANY SELLER DISCOUNTS ON INVOICE OR ACCOUNT TAP. I HAVE GOT TO THE PLACE WHERE I AM SELLING EVERYTHING OFF AND CLOSEING THIS STUPID ACCOUNT. WILL TAKE A WHILE AS I HAVE A LARGE INVENTORY, BUT I HAVE BETTER THINGS TO DO THAN SPEND HOURS ON THE PHONE AND STILL NOT GETTING THE MONEY I HAVE COMING. EBAY DOES NOT SEND ME ANY THING IN EMAIL TO CONFIRM THEY GET THE MESSAGE AND ALTHOUGH THE LADY ON THE PHONE SAID WE WILL GET THE CREDITS, I DON'T TRUST THESE PEOPLE ANY MORE TO GET THIS RIGHT. EBAY SEEMS TO BE ABSESSED WITH PUTTING MORE JUNK ON THE WEB PAGE INSTEAD OF TAKING CARE OF THE PROBLEMS WE HAVE AS SELLERS.

by kyl-erns · Adventurer
kyl-erns
Adventurer

you know ebay has to be the most dumbfound company. ebay you do know that facebook is making more ways for people to sell there items. lol without cost of stores and final value fees. and after you start selling to couple people you can just start using friends and family on paypal and cut every dam fee that you guys charge us and lol. ill acuatlly bring in 3 times as much money that way once more people start leaving your site . whats your deal your not the only company on thr streets

willieckma
Adventurer

THAnK YOU FOR TELLING ME ABOUT THIS, I GOT A LOT OF STUFF NEEDS SOLD AND EBAY IS INADDIQUITE AT HANDLING PROBLEMS

by 51sylva · Adventurer
51sylva
Adventurer

I lost my discount also. Unfortunately, it was on the busiest month of my year (October--a lot of people buy iron-on transfers to make Halloween customers). I used to just hand my envelopes off at the counter and leave, assuming the P.O. would scan them at a time when they had fewer customers (I scratch your back, etc.). They did not. They forwarded them to the main P.O., which has a machine for scanning flats. It was not operating. This left me with 47 "late" deliveries. I called eBay three times. First time, the guy promised to look into it and call me back in a few days. Never happened. Second time, the guy said they're showing late, and that's that. Third time, the guy said even if I had documentation from the P.O. admitting they dropped the ball (which I was working on) they would not apply the discount unless it could be definitively proven that it was eBay's fault. So now I stand in line and wait for them to scan each package, and walk out with a receipt. You know how many late shipments I've had since I started this? ONE, which I held back for two days waiting for further instructions from the customer. Class action, anyone?

willieckma
Adventurer

My invoice has also not been corrected nor have I been contact by eBay. EBAY IS FULL OF **bleep** AND I WILL BE TAKING SOME PRICES DOWN SO I CAN GET RID OF INVENTORY AND DUMP THESE BOSOS.

willieckma
Adventurer

EBAY SAYS I HAVE THE TOP SELLER AWARD, BUT MY LISTINGS WERE NOT SHOWING THE SYMBOLE AND I STILL DID NOT GET CREDIT ON THE FEES. I AM IN THE PROCESS OF CHANGING MY LISTINGS TO NO RETURNS AND THERE WILL BE NO MORE OF JUMPING THROUGH HOOPS FOR EBAY. EBAY CAN KEEP THEIR SYMBLE AND THE DISCOUNTS I DON'T GET ANY HOW.

lorie-darlin
Adventurer

Some of the problem may be the post office itself.  I will not just drop my packages off because sometimes, especially when busy during the holidays, they won't even scan the Priority packages.  Also - I'm always afraid that someone may take off with one of my packages, the postal staff is furthest from the door.  I will stand in line and make them scan without requesting a receipt.  Many times, one of the employees will ask if anyone is just dropping off or picking up and they'll scan my boxes and put them behind the counter.  That is something that eBay has no control over. 

by | Updated
Rockstar

This mistake is totally unacceptable.

Even the "fix" is questionable.

Another reason to stop using this site.

willieckma
Adventurer

I stopped with the top seller rateing sence they are not paying the discounts regardless of folloing their gidelines. listed everything with no returns. i will continue to give good service to those that buy from me, but no more hoop jumping with ebay.

gabby_girl33
Rising Star

I contacted ebay 2 weeks ago and they told me that the shipping situation would be taken care of and has not!   I was a top rated seller for a very long time and now I am not because of shipping, tracking validation. Something seriously happened and is affecting my rating and has not been fixed. I ship most all of my items on time and was over 96% and now I am at like 58%.  I will have to contact ebay again..

willieckma
Adventurer

contacting ebay on this matter is a waste of time. ebay says one thing and does nothing. i don't think they have any idea what to do or perhaps they don't care. i think you will be wasteing your time the same as me and many others on here.

bw_internet_sales
Adventurer

Ebay says RESOLVED, but not for me.

My November invoice did not have the 20% discount. 

As of 12/08/16 I still have not received any credit or 20% discount.

by chris54 · Adventurer
chris54
Adventurer

Waiting for packages to be scanned is not always possible.  Many small towns have "contracted" Post offices. They are not required to have scanners. 3 out of 4 in my county do not.  Then there is the offical Post office.  My nearest offical PO put up a big sign on 1 Dec that says the will NOT scan preprinted packages due to Christmas rush.

Ebay could reuce  this problem by programing to base rating on date of "when delivered" scan for situations where accepatnce scan is not shown. Customer only cares about when they got it. Ebay is basing a rating on something we have no control over.   

by
Rockstar

eBay already factors in situations where the scan time was missing or outside the handling time, but delivery was on early or on time.

willieckma
Adventurer

I MAY have made a little profit, but not enough to make it worth the headachs dealing with ebay. EBAY, paypal and THE USPS have made a lot of money off of my selling. i would have been better off with a part time job at a store instead of wasting the time I put in on this ebay thing. IT WILL TAKE A WHILE, BUT ONCE I HAVE SOLD EVERYTHING, I WILL BE DONE. SHAME AS THIS COULD HAVE BEEN A GOOD THING IN MY OLDER YEARS, BUT DEALING WITH EBAY NOT PAYING THE MONEY THEY OWE US, MAKES THE PROCESS A WASTE OF TIME AND FLUSTRATING.

by prenupt · Rising Star
prenupt
Rising Star

My complaints have always been that they have not a care in the world about what the seller has to say.  I have called and been told to write to an address with my grievances and when I asked for a persons name to write to they just respond to send it and someone will get it.  Sure.  Ebay is a good place to sell.  In the beginning it was a GREAT place to sell.  Just like all of corporate America, GREED gets in the way of anyone being able to make a decent amount of money from their OWN product.  I think it IS time for Ebay to be checked on their business practices.  I had someone from Ebay call me to help increase my sales.  I asked for help on an issue and then maybe I would start selling more and NEVER heard back.  Pffff.

by cristinapada · Adventurer | Updated
cristinapada
Adventurer

I see where people are having problems as I did when I was a TRS for 3 months then I had some of the same problems I see on this thread. But I saw someone say try Amazon. Well let me tell you if you think it is bad here go there. They charge ridiculous percentages. When I used them they were getting 44-50% of the price including shipping. I ended up on the smaller sales barely breaking even and a few times not breaking even. As far as half com (part of ebay for those of you who dont know) they only allow the sale books, videos, DVD's, and games. They have just sent out a memo to us they are uping the 15% of Fees to 25% in about a week. Pretty large percentage hike when they already were getting 15% plus the extra $1 or so they skimmed from the buyer before we got our sale. (they charge 3.99 for shipping then we get 2.99 or less for shipping) But the class action way doesnt really work either since they just settled one about overages of fees a few years ago and I got a check for $5 for my part since there are so many participants. Good luck to everyone and I hope you do better with them in the future.