cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming changes to About Me pages—personalize your eBay profile today

Share Post
Verified Blogger
Verified Blogger
Announced last year, eBay profiles are the latest—and best—way to engage with other members, share your collections, and showcase your expertise and business.

Starting June 2, About Me pages will be no longer be available—and as of February 17, creation of new and editing of existing About Me pages will be ended—so if you have yet to complete your new eBay profile, now’s the time!

You can access your eBay profile either by going to ebay.com/usr/eBayUSERID, or by first clicking on your user name that appears in the top left-hand corner of your home page, then clicking on your user ID that appears in the first section of the drop down menu. Learn more about completing your profile, as well as everything the page has to offer.

We hope you update your eBay profile, and as always, thank you for being a part of eBay!

Sincerely,

The eBay Social Commerce Team
6 Comments
by ed209 · Adventurer
ed209
Adventurer

The thing I liked about the ME Page was you could take a quick look at a sellers statement if he had one and move on, I have never gone to a seller's site and gone "oh,very impressive,  look at all these graphics,  it 's like a Sears catalog in here, and look at all these good reviews, I think I'll read them."  I ignored all that garbage and look for the item I'm trying to purchase,  if I read reviews,  I read the negatives to see how he deals with his problems.   I'm not a terribly busy person but I don't have time to delve into someone's profile.  

I would like to make a quick statement about my interests and concerns in a paragraph or two, that's all. No graphics uploads, all that other **bleep**, I would like to just keep it simple.  Like it used to be. What's wrong with that.  If I made a statement in the middle of ton of graphics no one would see it so why bother. 

by ed209 · Adventurer
ed209
Adventurer

My bleep was two letters starting with a b and ending with an s.  I didn't think it would offend anyone. 

by pingpong517 · Guide
pingpong517
Guide

it offended the bulls out here...

by mam98031 · Rockstar
mam98031
Rockstar

@ed209

@pingpong517

The Me page has been gone for THREE years.  Are you just now noticing it or is there some other factor that inspired you to post on this three year old announcement.

by pingpong517 · Guide
pingpong517
Guide

wasn't my anoucement..i just commented why the "beep" ..the b was for bulls....

why would YOU respond to a three year old one... ??? and curse too! 

by ed209 · Adventurer
ed209
Adventurer

I've been here for 19 yrs, I noticed that they took down my Me page when they did it.  I was wanting to contact a buyer from 10 years ago that bought something for over 100$ and never picked it up.  In fact 3 different buyers haven't picked up their stuff.  The me page was a quick simple solution but the new version is not.  Yes. It's a 3 year old blog, why are you here reading it?  I cursed because it was the Only way to describe the program.  I hope I've answered all of your questions.