Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Look for Items that Ship Fast and Free!

Share Post
Verified Blogger
Verified Blogger
Faisal Masud

Starting today, you’ll see a new “eBay Fast ‘N Free” icon next to some listings. We’re testing an exciting new functionality to let you know at-a-glance that the item ships for free and, based on your shipping address and the item location, will arrive on your doorstep within 4 business days.

Keep an eye out for this logo:

Sellers: Learn more about eBay Fast ‘N Free—exactly how it works, how it’s different from the traditional way we estimate delivery dates, and what’s in it for you.

Sincerely,

Faisal Masud
Head of North American Shipping and Cross-Border Trade
  • Announcements
7 Comments
by xxx4413 · Pathfinder
xxx4413
Pathfinder

Is there a way to for users to filter searches so that it would result in only FAST 'N FREE items?

tommyalex420_1
Pathfinder

How

seller_news_team wrote:
Faisal Masud

Starting today, you’ll see a new “eBay Fast ‘N Free” icon next to some listings. We’re testing an exciting new functionality to let you know at-a-glance that the item ships for free and, based on your shipping address and the item location, will arrive on your doorstep within 4 business days.

Keep an eye out for this logo:

Sellers: Learn more about eBay Fast ‘N Free—exactly how it works, how it’s different from the traditional way we estimate delivery dates, and what’s in it for you.

Sincerely,

Faisal Masud
Head of North American Shipping and Cross-Border Trade

tommyalex420_1
Pathfinder

How and where do you locate this option for shipping? I have been unable to locate it

crazeebaguti
Enthusiast

would love to be able to filter search for items that ship "fast n' free"

by mc2* · Scout
mc2*
Scout

Free shipping is a hoax!  There is nothing free about "free shipping".  Sellers are not going to eat into their profits to pay for a buyers shipping cost.  They simply increase the price of the item to more than cover the cost of shipping.  What happens is a seller computes the cost of shipping to the farthest destination and add that amount to the price.  That ensures no loss of profit.  

For the buyer, it inflates the cost of the item.  In 90% of sales, the buyer is paying more than the actual cost they would have paid had the actual cost of shipping been used.  This is unfair to the seller yet Ebay promotes and encourages seller to use this action.

Ebay needs to cease this promotion immediately.

by melodzeitl · Enthusiast
melodzeitl
Enthusiast

To the comment of "Free Shipping is a hoax," having worked directly with a distribution company I agree; however, now that I live in Hawaii it's nice to search for this option. Even though they may fluff up the cost a little, it is much better than the usual add-on of cost that is added to products, even though there are better shipment options. For the owners, this helps expand their market and to distribute the cost of shipping to all customers instead of limiting shipping options for an area that may not have been a target when first negotiating contracts with companies such as UPS or FedEx. After seeing this option, I went from getting things shipped from China for a much lower cost but longer wait, to purchasing items in the US that I get faster and for a reasonable cost. Most places take 10-21 days to get products to Hawaii. I go on ebay - put in a location restriction of 100 miles to NYs zip-code - look for the FAST N' FREE logo - and woala! Good quality products shipped to me faster than Amazon or even Amazon Prime. Mahalo nui loa, Ebay!

by mam98031 · Rockstar
mam98031
Rockstar

@melodzeitl

Free shipping is NOT a hoax.  Everyone knows or at least they should know that shipping is NEVER truely free.  We all use carriers and they all have to be paid.  The cost of the shipping is rolled into the price of the product or should be.  Unless you don't mind donating to your customer.  So I don't know what you think is a "hoax" about offering Free Shipping.

If it is the name of the program that bothers you, you need to take that up with Amazon, Target and a few other sites that actually were using the verbage LONG before Ebay adopted it.