cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hurricane Matthew Impacts Southern U.S.—Shipping, Communication Potentially Delayed

Verified Blogger
Verified Blogger
‎10-07-2016 11:10 AM
‎10-07-2016 11:10 AM

Our hearts go out to all those affected by Hurricane Matthew.

Due to the impact of the storm, communication, power, and transportation lines may be disrupted across parts of Florida, South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia.

If you are involved in an eBay transaction with a buyer or seller in this region, please note that their ability to communicate or complete your transaction may be delayed due to these severe conditions. We encourage you to be patient in this matter, both throughout the transaction and when providing feedback after your item arrives.

Rest assured that sellers need not worry about their eBay seller performance due to delays caused by the storm. We will continue to monitor these conditions and include any sellers who may be affected.

8 Comments

i live in florida which was impacted by the hurricane and had more sales the day of the storm. since then my sales have dropped off and i am a top seller.

My buyer is from Germany, the item was shipped out October 1st and left Miami on October 6th.  Due to hurrican Matthew there was a shipping delay.  She just opened a case because it is now November 3rd and she still did not receive the item.  Is this a normal delay due to the hurricane or should I be concerned.  It shipped 1st class international

To those sellers who are concerned about their sales during these bad storms, Ebay will take care of any cases opened against you, any negative feedback will be removed.  I was selling during the time that Hurricane Katrina hit Louisiana,  I was north of the storm but I had family & friends that came to my home for shelter until they could go back.  I had 21 extra people in my 2-bedroom/1 bath home for almost four weeks.  There was noway I could take care of my customers and Ebay understood that.  I ended up refunding most of my sales because people was getting so restless about their purchases.  Unless you have been directly affected by a bad storm, you don't understand.  Just remember,  Ebay will take care of you.  All you have to do is contact them as soon as possible and let them know you are affected by the storms.  Smiley Happy

This announcement is a complete lie. 

The mileage one gets between ebay rep to the next is astounding. I've had numerous reps say they're too busy to go over my delayed shipments. I had one rep say they were going to remove a bunch of late shipments and nothing ever happened. I had yet another tell me the region i shipped from was not effected. Still another told me ebay refuses to help out those who dropshipped their orders during the storm or were ordering the items to fulfill their own stock. 

Again the announcement does not go into much detail but basically says if you were effected you are covered. Well ebay what's it going to be?  Do you protect your top rated plus sellers or your shareholders by taking away our discounts and quite possibly future sales as you drop our selling performance?  Believe it or not we can't predict hurricanes, cause them but we can certainly be effected by them from far away. 

take one example;  ebay insists Charlotte, NC was not effected. Well if all coastal mail was being re-routed to Charlotte and local newspapers published stories about mail delays because all coastal mail had to be processed and shipped before Charlotte doesn't that mean...I mean can't you imagine that might cause some delays?  A delay only has to be a day or two. Then  again on my dashboard ebay calls items shipped on time delays. 

corpseheads is completely right.

If you believe in this, believe in Santa Claus too.

Worst of all is if you are shipping from a foreign country, eBay does not protect me at all when there is a hurricane or a postal workers strike.

I don´t see in the contract that sellers living in the USA get a different level in customer support or other services from eBay, but that is just in theory.

The only thing where I feel treated like all the other sellers worldwide is that eBay takes my dollars exactly like from the "protected sellers" and then goes laughing all the way to the bank.

it's now 12/8/2016 can u update post ???

Well I had 2 late shipments in early October due to Hurricaine (I am located in North Carolina) & eBay has held it against my record & I will lose Top Rated status because of it. eBay mentioned in an annoucement on October 7th they would not hold it against Seller in the path of the Hurricaine but I guess they ignored their own announcement.

http://community.ebay.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/5889854

that sounds like to me do as i say not as you want to do or want them to do!