Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carrier Holiday Deadlines Announced: Ship Quickly to Deliver More Joy

Share Post
Verified Blogger
Verified Blogger
Last Edited 11:58:25 AM by News Team

USPS, FedEx, and UPS have released their holiday shipping deadlines for 2016. For sellers, these important dates let you know when you ship to ensure packages reach your US buyers by December 25.

Download our 2016 Holiday Shipping & Carrier Deadlines guide for a rundown of each carrier’s shipping services and their delivery cut-off dates.

Remember, shoppers are more eager than ever to receive their items quickly this time of year. Consider offering expedited shipping services as your default, and one-day or same-day handling when you list to help attract and delight those last-minute buyers. Just be sure to choose a handling time you know you can meet.

• Announcements
20 Comments
mylilmaggie
Adventurer

My account was just hacked 2 weeks ago!  I spent hours on the phone, telling each person the same thing. Now, I have BADGES? Are you on crack, seriously! Badge's are given to boy and girl scouts! I have been a seller 7 years, 12 years all together! I don't evenhave the right number of badges! As a seller, I think I am going to close my store; this is childish and foolish!

by catwmnny · Adventurer
catwmnny
Adventurer

Oh and don't forget the Post office is Full of it.  Don't mail it on the 23rd express if you really think it's going to get there the 24th.  Every year they make these outlandish claims and they don't always deliver. 

by res03hrk · Adventurer
res03hrk
Adventurer

Thanks for this information - It will help me a lot especially as Christmas draws closer.  It was also super easy to find and print off! I like it!Smiley Happy

by mr_lincoln · Rockstar
mr_lincoln
Rockstar

Good to know.  I would add 2 - 3 days to those estimates to be safe.  Cyber Monday will be huge this year ...

by nash-kat · Adventurer
nash-kat
Adventurer

If you use economy FedEx SmartPost, ... our experience with them has been that a day bef the expected deliver date they add another 4 to 6 days ... so if you add an extra 2 to 3 days for the Holiday RUSH then that will add at LEAST 6 to 8 days IF you are LUCKY!

by lion005.0 · Adventurer
lion005.0
Adventurer

This is **bleep**...

Total **bleep**.

It won't make it on time, and you are making it APPEAR that sellers are at fault when it doesn't arrive in time and ENSURING that we get even more DEFECTS on our accounts.

ORDER by the 15th people to be sure.  I had one not make it on time, 2 day priority shipped from MA to NC (both on the east coast) and still didn't make it, with after shipping it on the 18th. So can it.

customcityla
Adventurer

Glad That eBay is announcing important info. like that, ETSY never told us anything similar. Based on exprience from the previous two years, we will rely on USPS and add 3-6 Days on top of those days. FedEX and UPS didn't care and delayed our packages, won't rely on them in the holiday season, cos they know they can always get away with it and you won't get your money back from them while USPS always refund us for delays. sounds like I work for the USPS lol

jewelryovertime
Adventurer

I PRINT, PACKAGE AND SHIP OUT THE SAME DAY AND IT GETS THERE IN A REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME.  I GUESS THAT I HAVE BEEN LUCK.  I USE THE REGULAR MAIL.  IF EVERYONE IS USING FEDX AND ONE DAY SHIPPING, OF COURSE IT IS GOING TO GET OVERLOADED.  SHIP IT NORMALLY AND HOPE THAT IT GETS THERE.  WHAT ELSE CAN YOU DO.  RELAX AND ENJOY THE HOLIDAY SEASON!

jewelryovertime
Adventurer

LUCKY

I would add a few extra days to this dates. I say this from personal experience.

What I want to know is why customers always blame sellers if there packages don't arrive on time. It's not like we have any control over a package once it leaves our hands. I suggest everyone shop early that way you will know for sure that your purchases will arrive on time.

by runway67 · Adventurer
runway67
Adventurer

Whether you live in a big city or rural countryside the post offices have unexpected surges and even they cannot perdict delivery time. It is a good rule of thumb to ship as soon as you get payment for an item. Never make a guarantee on delivery date because you cannot guarantee a third parties performance (post office). As long as you don't make promises your customers should understand when you explain it is out of your control once it leaves your care.

by kantuk · Adventurer
kantuk
Adventurer

I have learned my lessons on holiday shipping after many years selling on ebay. I only sell til the 18th and then put my store ON VACATION til dec 25th and then resume selling for after the holiday shoppers. The pkgs are there by the 24th and everyone is happy and no stragglers crying about their stuff didnt arrive when they bought it the 23rd. They want refunds when they dont get it on time and it wastes my times and money otherwise.

starry-night-2008
Rising Star

After reading all the comments,I got it, add some days to be sure. Thank you.  I have no advice, just a suggestion based on experience.  Pay and print at home!                       i spent hours that I didnt need to in line because I didnt own a printer. Never again.

by jrkirk · Trailblazer
jrkirk
Trailblazer

Ship daily up to 4:00 pm, regardless of season. If it pays after 4:00 pm, ship the next day. I can ship no faster on holidays, regardless of what eBay, USPS, FedEx, UPS, or anyone else says. If buyers want it faster, but it sooner.

by bcm602 · Adventurer
bcm602
Adventurer

Can eBay give us an estimate on when all the problems with the eBay system will be resolved?   

The poorly designed pop-up (who uses pop-ups in 2016?) in the new checkout page is causing freeze-up on some platforms... So some sellers can't get paid for items.

The ten-plus-years-and-still-hasn't-been-fixed indexing problem when going through categories page by page still hasn't been fixed... (there is always either a huge gap or repeated items in going to the next page)

The (way too many) advertisments, hot items, browse related, and collections **bleep** is driving customers AWAY from the site...  (Yes, I was a member way back when eBay management said that there would never need to be any 3rd party advertisements on the site, and now eBay is doing needless cross posting and sponsored sections which are discriminatory to the fundamental policies of all sellers being treated and charged equally)

Sellers are getting [reamed] by charging them fees on thier shipping costs (which don't have any profit) which has made shipping overcharges even more of a problem for buyers.

Sellers are getting [reamed] on not being able to leave negative feedback for the bad customers that defraud them...

Buyers are getting [reamed] by sellers increasing starting bid amounts on relistings (which they can esily do because relistings are free)... eBay needs to go back to the policy of relistings only being free on auctions if the starting bid is reduced.

IMHO eBay needs to take a step back about 5-10 years and fire everybody on the site development staff or the same is going to happen to eBay as happened to Hillary last week.   Both buyers and sellers are getting totally fed up.

by alifakte-0 · Enthusiast
alifakte-0
Enthusiast

No matter if yourr home is within a massive location or maybe farm country side this write-up practices include sudden surges and in some cases they can perdict distribution time period. This can be a beneficial rule to help send as early as you receive check a great piece. Never ever complete a assurance with distribution time frame since you also are unable to assurance still another get-togethers effectiveness (post office). Providing you tend not to produce assures your clients really should fully grasp after you reveal it truly is from a management the moment the item actually leaves ones health care.

edesign                             

trustprovider
Pathfinder

I agree with potential delay during 12/15 as backlog due to backlog of packages from Thanksgiving sale and gift shopping for X mas. 

lets plan ahead. Our team at "innovativeimpex" will be working hard to make every possible effort to ship items on same day to avoid any additional delay.

WIsh you all happy holidays

by tiecode · Adventurer
tiecode
Adventurer

Thanks for all the great info.  This is our second holiday season and do not want the same problems as last year.......... Get it out early and do not promise anything!

variety_nook
Thrill-Seeker

That was a nice 1 page schedule to print off just in case a buyer asks. Thanks eBay. I do offer 4 different service choices for many of my items. UPS Ground isn't squat for help though, "Varies" REALLY!? How helpful. I don't use Buster Brown anyway, just thought that was funny. Varies, lol...........

cocoabeach59
Adventurer

I have played all the recommended shipping games, free shipping, expedient shipping with no noticeable effect in sales volume. I'm back to economy shipping to protect my DSR from the post office and ebay. I charge enough to get it from east to west, some profit (yes profit, some say 10% is fair) some to cover collecting & storing packing material, and oh yeah, ebay's 10%