cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

painting on top of photos?

I was talking to one of my fellow art card enthusiasts and showing her one of my favorite aceo artists and I was commenting on how exactly accurate this persons animals were. She told me that they are paintings done over photographs I had never heard of this before and she showed me some other artists that do this and sell their work. Is anyone else familiar with this technique? Thanks! 

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: painting on top of photos?

This subject has created great debate over that the FB group, and while there is nothing wrong with method..it should be noted in the listing that this is what has been done.  To list it as an original painting is just plain wrong.  It should be sold as an enhanced photograph.

.•:*¨¨*:•Leola•:*¨¨*:•.

my blog
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: painting on top of photos?

Thank you for the info-my fellow painter has always taken pride in the fact that she does not trace or use a projector to paint her animals, so it is a bit curious that there are people who are selling enhaced photos or photoshopped photos and selling them as original paintings without informing the buyer. She works very hard at creating realistic paintings of her subjects by her own artistic eye.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply