cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRAGEDY STRIKES - Just when i thought i was going to have some fun

I can hardly believe it - I got the last of my art supplies in and was so looking forward to doing a 'debut'. I was planning my artwork when tragedy struck -  I fell and crushed my shoulder.That was 2/2 and I am still waiting for surgery. I have yet another appt. with the 3rd Ortho surgeon on Friday and from there we have no idea of when the surgery will take place. In the meantime it's all dreams and imaginings for my artwork. I am in just a sling so no real movement as of yet. thank God my husband was able to take some time off and take care of me. who knew potty breaks were so dependant on shoulders???!!!

Please keep me in your prayers. I can't wait to get some drawing & painting done.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

sorry to hear that Gramma Currie.  Shattered my shoulder 4 years ago (or is it 5?)  Had a replacement and never looked back.  I don't have full use of the arm, but am able to do art.  Take your time and when you are healed think about art then.  We will still be here...

.•:*¨¨*:•Leola•:*¨¨*:•.

my blog
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I've had shoulder problems with both shoulders - a torn rotator cuff and don't know what happened to the other shoulder, but thankfully my right shoulder had healed (16 months)... anyway... I know how PAINFUL both have been, so wish you an exceptionally good surgeon and much less pain than I had!!! 

GOD BLESS YOU!  ~~deb

deborah4325
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Dear Deb.

Thank you for those warm words of encouragement, and the Blessing. Glad to hear you have healed and are no longer in pain. I can't remember a time before when just thinking could hurt. Who knew that walking like a lady - one foot in front of the other- could bring pain to your shoulder... just trying to stay still, straight and find a comfortable position. Ha!

Thank God for a wonderful husband! He has been amazing! 

Blessings,

Christine

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thank you for those warm words of encouragement. Glad to hear you have healed and are no longer in pain.How long did it take to heal your replacement? I doubt that reconstructive surgery is going to be an option, but I am still hoping. Dr said I had GREAT bone density. It is simply a matter of whether or not the pieces are big enough to screw back together. Here's hoping they are.

Thank God for a wonderful husband! He has been amazing! We have a 64 mile ride to the hospital tomorrow, and I am sure we are both looking to get this behind us.

I hope to talk to you soon.

Sincerely,

Christine

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Oh, that's horrible!  Hello, grandmacurrie.  I'm so sorry to learn about your arm surgery - that is tragic for an artist.  I do hope you recover soon and get back to your art which is no doubt impatiently waiting for you to return to it, too.   When my writing/arting hand was incapacitated from carpel tunnel syndrome I spent the time looking at other people's art and photos on the web looking at visual inspiration for future artwork and things of that nature.  It's good you are keeping in touch with other artists.  Get well soon.

Thea Smith

Message 6 of 6
latest reply