cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Packaging?

Hi- how is everyone packaging their ACEOs lately-especially if they sell for a low price? Thanks!
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Packaging?

No matter what mine sell for, I place the ACEO card into a semi-rigid card sleeve then tuck that in an envelope and slip it inside another envelop.  Using the card sleeve and 2 envelopes only costs me one stamp, even when I've used 300 pound paper (twice as thick as 140 lb.).  It's not about the cost to me, but about getting the item to the person safely, no matter what they paid for it.

deborah4325
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Packaging?

I use thinish cardboard cut slightly larger than the aceo (in a clear card sleeve) which is sandwiched between the 2 pieces - in a standard envelope. Never had any cards damaged. Usually they will go simple one first class stamp - if more than 3 or cards are going out together and will require a first Class parcel stamping, i use a legal size envelope.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Packaging?

I've been an ACEO buyer for many years and I appreciate the ACEOs arriving in at least a soft sleeve because sometimes they are delivered in the rain and get wet. I have removed soaked and disintegrating envelopes from my closed mailbox more than once. Yet the ACEOs in them were still in perfect condition packaged in a soft plastic "sleeve" sandwiched between two pieces of slightly larger cereal box cardboard hinged with scotch tape. Once your net profit is twice your cost it's just plain considerate to reflect your success by sending your ACEOs in a sturdy sleeve and something showing off your personal creative touch. ACEOs are as special and valuable as larger works of art. They simply offer lower costs all around because of their smaller size. Careful packaging no matter how inexpensive, is best. My ACEO collection is kept in archival albums made for trading cards. I'm in the habit of showing and explaining them to folks who have never heard of ACEOs. So you see your work and care can go a long way! 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Packaging?

Thank you so much for all your responses. I absolutely agree that sending ACEOs as safely packed as possible should be a priority. I used to sell them here consistently about 8 years ago and used a soft sleeve inside two thin rigid cardboard slats, sometimes a toploader instead, in a rigid envelope. Now, looking at sales, I see most offer free shipping and sold prices on average tend to be on the low side, so I'm looking at finding a balance between making things more economical in the shipping area, but not compromising on protective shipping. 

So, the sleeve was always a must, but may package inside 2 chipboard slats, then a regular envelope and do a stamp instead of the extra rigid mailer cost. I just wanted to make sure that if it was sent in an evelope, it would still make it ok.

Thanks all!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Packaging?

I *just* sold my first batch of ACEO cards last week. As many have said, I put them in the plastic archival sleeve, and then sandwiched them between thin cardboard. Then I put them in a business-sized envelope. Was a little concerned about that, but I couldn't see putting them in a 6"x9" when they fit just fine. First class shipping within the U.S. was 70 cents, whether it was the next state over in CT, or all the way across the country to CA. So far, I'm hearing they are arriving safely. I do have to ship the last one to Australia, and may use the 6" x 9" for that in hopes it helps to prevent it from getting lost. Hope this helps! 🙂

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Packaging?

Always keep them waterproof. I delivered mail for many years and it's almost impossible to keep yourself and the mail dry in a constant rainfall. Your're driving with your window open, getting out for cluster boxes or walking house to house. We go home drenched with rain fairly often. Just prepare your art for the worst.

I like to use ziplock bags or the poly envelopes for larger art. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply