cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

October Theme Week - Monsters!

Hi everyone! Please join us in our theme week (TW) contest! The October 2014 TW topic is "Monsters".
Create an ACEO inspired by this month's topic and list it on eBay on Oct 1st with ACEO TW OCT in your title. The listing can last up to 7 days.
Group members are invited to nominate their favorite ACEO's among the entries, and winners will be selected by polls (see below for more details).
To spread the word about TW, please include the following statement (or equivalent) in your listing description:
This is an entry in the Theme Week contest from the ACEO ~ Art Cards Editions and Originals group he...
Contest rules:
ACEO theme week (TW) is a fun group competition where group members can win a jpeg “award” certificate to use in future auctions or web sites! Starting in July 2010, only "People’s Choice” and “Most Unique Interpretation” prizes and “Honorable mentions” will be awarded. As these awards are based on votes in a group poll, the art should speak for itself and there will no longer be any restriction on the starting price, shipping cost or listing upgrades. We hope this will encourage more members to participate!
The TOPIC is different every month. Upcoming topics for 2014 are being decided, and will be posted in the calendar when available.
How to enter:
* Create an ORIGINAL ACEO (2.5” x 3.5” art card, any medium) inspired by this month’s TOPIC. “Original” means not a print, unless the ACEO is an original photo or digital artwork, or artwork created using an etching technique such as lithography.
* List an eBay auction on the 1st of the month with a photo or scan of your completed ACEO. Put “ACEO TW _______” in the title (fill in ______ with the current month’s 3-letter abbreviation, i.e. Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec). This allows us to find your entries on eBay.
* Listing of your ACEO MUST BEGIN on the 1st of the month (by the eBay US official time - between 12:00:01 AM and 11:59:59 PM Pacific time, or GMT-7), unless otherwise specified.
~ You can view the official eBay time at: http://viv.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EbayTime
* Auction duration must be 7 days or less. If you relist a TW ACEO later on, please remove "TW" from your title so there is no confusion about what ACEO's are for the current theme week.
* Please paste the following statement (or equivalent) in your listing description to promote theme week ACEO's.
This is an entry in the Theme Week contest from the ACEO ~ Art Cards Editions and Originals group he...
Also consider mentioning the contest and posting images of your entries in your blogs/social network...
* Each auction can only be for a single ACEO, but you may list as many auctions as you want.
* Starting price and shipping costs are up to you.
* Listing upgrades such as bold, highlight, subtitles, featured, charity listing etc are allowed.
* You are strongly encouraged to post a link to your listing and/or an image of your ACEO in the theme week photo album or by commenting below to help other members find your entry.
How prizes are awarded: This is a 3-step process:
1. Nominations for "People’s Choice" and "Most Unique Interpretation" awards will be accepted by any and all members of the ACEO ~ Art Cards Editions and Originals group between the 2nd and the 10th of the month, or as specified each month.
* We ask that you nominate the ACEO’s based on the art itself - what is truly inspiring to you - and not on the popularity of the artist or private discussions or alliances among members.
Nominations can either be done by posting your choices for each prize category in this thread or, if you prefer, by sending an email to aceovotes@gmail.com specifying your ebay ID and the name and item number of each nominated piece. One nomination per category, per member (self-nominations will not be accepted).
2. On or around the 10th of the month, a group poll for each of the categories will be set up by a member of the ACEO Activities and Events Committee (AAEC) based on the number of nominations each ACEO has garnered. Up to 10 artists will be selected for each of the two award categories. Each artist can only have one ACEO nominated per category. If more than 10 ACEO’s are nominated for a given award, or if two or more are from the same artist, ACEO’s will be selected first based on the number of times they were nominated and second based on which nominations were made the earliest. Nomination decisions will be at the discretion of the AAEC members, which will strive to keep the contest fair for everyone.
3. The polls will close by the 15th of the month (or as specified), at which point the winners will be announced. There will be a minimum of four awards: "People’s Choice Award", "Most Unique Interpretation Award" and two "Honorable Mentions" (awarded to the runners-up in each poll).
In case of a tie in the polls, the corresponding prize will be awarded to each tied participant.
Winners will be asked to contact a member of the AAEC to request their jpeg awards.
We hope you will join in for theme week! Also, we love it when you post pictures of your topic-inspired ACEO's in this thread - and chat away!
This Month's theme (Oct 2014) is "Monsters". Remember to use ACEO TW OCT in your title.
Happy creating!
Isa
Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Hi,

Fun theme.  I hope I got the urls in correct order - if not, just click on my other items. All the photos were very large and I had to pull in their corners with my pointer..  Thea

Blob Fish

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=61439158516

Monster Under My Bed

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161439158767

Fanged Maggot

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161439157982

Giant Ant

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=161439158933

Message 2 of 18
latest reply

Hi,

I tried to edit my message right after it posted and it said I ran out of time.  Anyway,  The Fanged Maggot is really named, Giant Fanged Maggot.  

I can't figure out how to get back to main page after I leave a message.  There doesn't seem to be any link back so I have to pulll down my Bookmarks/Favorite Places and start anew.  If you know an easier way please let me know. 

Thanks, Thea

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Isablue123 - THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE LINK TO THIS MONTH'S CONTEST. If I put TW ACEO  in Ebay or ACEO TW  I get 54 entries. IF I CLICK THE LINK ON ONE OF THE ENTRANT'S AUCTIONS, I GET ONLY 34 entries (my own 5 entries are missing from the link result). This latter ame result if I search for TW ACEO.

HELP - CAN EBAY CORRECT THIS?!

cibola07

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

Hi - the one with the least entries is ACEO TW OCT - the url that just says ACEO TW will get many more.  All entrants are supposed to include OCT in the  listings heading?  In which case it  will show up in both places.   Make sure you include OCT and it will show up with the thirty odd listings where you don't see your listings.

I hope this explains a little bit.

Thea

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

It's working opposite to your explanation: ACEO TW has the least # of entries and ACEO TW OCT has the most!

Weird! Yours show on both, Thea.

Mine show only on ACEO TW OCT.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

Yes - it has the most now because there are more entries later in the day.  Also, it can take up to two hours for some listings to actually show up in search at all.  So long as you did it right - with ACEO TW OCT in the heading it will definetly show up - eventually.  Mine showed up right away today - perhaps because I listed from Auctiva which is working well today. I don't like to look up just aceo tw because then a lot of non October tw entries show up and I'm only interested in the OCT theme week.  I say in my description to search ACEO TW OCT not just ACEO TW or it may be confusing for them to see a bunch of old theme weeks.

Thea

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Also make sure you listed in catagory, art / listed by artist. And when you search - do so in the art catagory or you will get weird idems in other categories.  Thea 

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

I am new here and I have to say this was so much fun!!!! Glad to be a part of it. Looked at the entries and there are so many awesome art cards!! These are my entries. Unfortunately my scanner wasn't working today....so did the best I could taking photos.

Message 9 of 18
latest reply

A coupla Monsters: Cyclops; Mewthra (Mothra) and Skelecat  ---- Beware!!!!

---

100_4941.JPG

Message 11 of 18
latest reply

Oops, only Skelecat came out

I'll try again

100_4929.JPG                              100_4938.JPG

Message 12 of 18
latest reply

A Cute Little Monster

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-ACEO-TW-OCT-Monster-Scratchboard-Halloween-Costume-Child-Boy-Girl-S...

ACEO Web - www.SafyreStudios.com
Facebook - Facebook.com/SafyreStudios7

Scratch Art - www.MoniqueMorinMatson.com
Facebook - facebook.com/moniquemorinmatsonart

Message 13 of 18
latest reply

IT'S TIME TO NOMINATE your favorite October theme week ACEO in two categories ("People's Choice" and "Most Unique Interpretation"). Nominated pieces will be put in a poll for voting later this month.

To find ACEO's to nominate, search eBay listings containing the keywords "TW ACEO OCT" (or simply "TW ACEO" and look for monster-themed ACEO's listed on October 1st). Also remember to click the "Completed listings" link to find ACEO's that have already ended, and make sure your settings allow you to see international sellers.

You may post your nominations here or, if you prefer to do your nomination privately, email the AAEC (ACEO Activities and Events Committee) at aceovotes@gmail.com. Please tell us who you are on eBay (your eBay member ID or name), and which ACEO you want to nominate for each category, with the item number or the url of the listing (to help us find it and avoid any confusion).

No self-nominations, please.

Nominations will be accepted until October 10 and polls will be posted afterwards.

Thanks all!

P.S. There seems to be some glitch in the eBay search right now, so if you see an ACEO posted here that you want to nominate but don't see it in the search, try changing your search keywords or searching by seller name to find it easier.

Isa
Message 15 of 18
latest reply