cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No link for theme week, no nomination from me.

I'm tired of only a few people pulling the load.  From now on, I'm not nominating anyone's art  who does not insert a link or tell about a link or explain theme week adding how to get to the tw page.

Of the ten or so views I made only one had a link.  I've copied and pasted it below so those who need it can use it  (you may paraphrase if you prefer and change text).  Just mouse over the text and insert in your listing.  It should come with the html so you can just paste it as is on the main page.  If your piece already has a bid - add it anyway - click revise and add it to the area below meant for adding text.  And remember to use it every theme week otherwise you are getting free advertising from those of us who add a link or mention without reciprocating.  Not fair! 

Thank you,

Thea  

This is an entry in the Theme Week contest from the ACEO ~ Art Cards Editions and Originals group here on eBay. The contest takes place the first week of each month. To view other listings, click here:http://search.ebay.com/ACEO-TW

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

What an unfriendly note. I've never entered the contest before - never before knew about it! And I don't know how to get a link. into my auction - when I attempted it, it did not come out as a link!  I did say how to search for the entries in my auction. But I think you are not aware of new people entering the contest (I know for certain that 2 are brand new). Are new people not welcome here?

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Hi, 

My apologies, cibola07,  if my message seemed unfriendly.  If as you say, you've  told how to get to the tw page in your link thenmy plea is not meant for you.

Everyone:  It's not necessary to insert a link if you have problems doing so.   Just explain how to get to the page by searching ACEO TW.  Some of you have inserted links to their facebook pages, and other  pages in their discription yet forgot to mention Theme Week.

Again, I'm very sorry if I came off as unfriendly but I honestly don't feel friendly about  nominating anyone who omits any mention of including how to get to ACEO TW.    Search ACEO TW is next best to an actual link which is the best choice.  

Thanks,

Thea

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

New People, welcome! 

Sorry to be sounding off like this regarding Theme Week Rules.  I am not a moderator and only have power over my two personal  nominations.

Please read the Theme Week guideline rules thoroughly before entering Theme Week.  The rules ask that you please insert a link to the ACEO TW and if that is not possible for you than please mention Theme Week and explain to  Search:  ACEO TW to see the other entries.   We who show support for this need to be supported as well so we can all get equal exposure. 

Thank you,

Thea

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Hi Thea and everyone,

I run theme weeks in this group and in our Sister Facebook group (https://www.facebook.com/groups/153963054750715/) - same theme week, announcements posted twice to make them more accessible. My position on this is that I encourage every entry to include either a link as shown by Thea, or a mention of TW and how to search for other participating ACEO's. This seems only fair to help promote everyone who takes part in theme week.

However, I know we are all human and that some of us will scan throught the rules and miss that point, or forget about it by the time they list, or not bother to include the "blurb" for whatever reason. Theme weeks are supposed to be fun contests and open to all. Posts that sound angry or too negative are a turnoff for many of us and are indeed not welcoming to new members. So everyone, please try and keep this friendly. 🙂

Isa
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Hi

I have tried to put a link on my entry . But even though I put it exactly how i should it does not work. Can some one tell me what  I am doing wrong or how to make the link work    .Robot Frustrated

Thanks and good luck to all!

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

when I type http://search.ebay.com/ACEO-TW  into the address bar of my browser and click go it opens to the correct page on eBay so I know it is the correct address.  It sounds to me like the link in your description isn't a live link - where you just click it.  So try this. On the top of the description page is a menu that says :  inserts.   Click edit and Insert a new link and name it ACEO-TW in the name-it box an  insert in the insert box   http://search.ebay.com/ACEO-TW

Then, paste the whole sentence below including the address http://search.ebay.com/ACEO-TW - then highlight the address and leave it that way while you then go to the inserts above and click on the insert you want it it be:
http://search.ebay.com/ACEO-TW

This should turn the dead highlight address to a live address.  It will always be in the inserts so you can use it any time you want in the future.  Also, the live link you now have in the listing usually can be copied and pasted into any listing and it will remain live.  Or use the same listing over again (keep as a template if you like) in the future for ACEO TW listings or just relist old listings and simulate a new listing.  The link will remain there always. If my idea does not work let me know and I'll try another idea.

Goodluck,

Thea

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

OR

This is a simple guide on how to add a link on an eBay listing. I found it interesting that I couldn't find many things on this subject.

If you would like to add a link on ebay follow these instructions:

Step one: First, decide where you want it to go on the regular description page.  I sometimes type XXXXXXX so that I can locate that place eastily for my next step.

Step two:  Click on your description's  HTML" tab.

Step three:  find the XXXXXXXXX and highlight and type over it or delete it without losing your place and add this code: <a href="the website page link">how the link will appear</a>

so for example, my website is lightningcraft.com so if I wanted to add a listing to my website in my listing I would use this code:

<a href="http://lightningcraft.com">Lightning Craft</a>

Then go back to your regular description and check to see about any changes you might want to change regarding size.  Add this to the end of the blurb about ACEO TW.

Its that easy!  Just remember to use all the codes.  Let me know if there's a problem.  I will continue searching for ways to add links.  I start my listings on Auctiva and they have a way to edit the link and make it live on their website but I find copying and pasting from others live listings works too.  I like to change the month every month in my Theme Week Link so it will only work for that month if you copy from my live listings.  But you can remove the month in the html and in description if you copy it and don't want to edit it each month.  Most of the others don't add the month so try copying and pasting from another ACEO TW listings next month if you can find someone with the link.  Or look in the old ones in the completed listings.

Thea

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Wow!......I haven't come  to "group" in a long time.........

.•:*¨¨*:•Leola•:*¨¨*:•.

my blog
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi Leola! How have you been? 🙂

Isa
Message 10 of 10
latest reply