cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mouse over image zoom not working

Hi,

Is anybody else having trouble with their item's heading photo not having a zoom-in or magnification option?  I called eBay and they tested and said the feature is showing on Google Chrome's browser only and not on the latest IE or Firefox browser which seems hard to believe.   This is happening for over two weeks now.  They said they would try to find a work-around solution but they haven't called me back yet.   I can see most other sellers zoom features very well but not my listings.  Anybody?

Thanks,

Thea

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Mouse over image zoom not working

I am having problems with IE on several sites.  Pogo, FaceBook, etc.  I can do things on Google Chrome that are impossible with Internet Explorer.  When you report such things, they almost always think it's YOUR COMPUTER.  But, it's not when everything works fine on Google.  Thing is I don't like Google as well as IE for several reasons... but I'm forced to play most games on GC as IE isn't working.  I think maybe it's much harder to program everything to 'fit' with IE as microsoft makes everything as hard as possible to use.  Still we do LIKE MS products even when we have to keep learning over and over again.  LOL

deborah4325
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for replying.  You can use Firefox browser or any other browser on MS on any operating system.  I have an MS computer and have added every brower there is but decided on Firefox.  You can use more than one browser on one computer.  Just ignore IE and use another browser.  I also found IE browser to be a pain to use and only keep it for updates but have made Firefox my default browser. I don't like google either and refuse to even signup for it.  I've had it in the past and they keep tabs on you all over the web and cause many redirections. 

I'm still not getting the zoom or magnification feature on eBay and this is bugging me no end.  

Thea

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Hello again.  I follow several ACEO artists so checked to see if I could mouse over/enlarge their work.  I could once the page opened.  It didn't work when I tried it on yours.  I tried to "follow" you, but kept getting an error, so couldn't get to your work that way.  It's working on everyone but one other artist I follow and it's because she doesn't use the gallery package.  Have you checked to see if it works on other ACEO artists works?  It does for me.  ~~ deb

deborah4325
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Hi again, Deb,

Yes - most of the other artists with ACEOs have mouse over zoom working.  I did discover a most unusual fact though, in revise when I click on preview - the mouse over zoom feature show and works through that views pane, but after I click the submit button - its back to being a frozen photo with no options to do anything.  There is a two month old listing in my unsold listings that I can open and there the zoom works fine.  I don't understand about why I can't be followed.  Thanks for letting me know.  It may be part of the same issue.

Thea

Message 5 of 5
latest reply