cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

January TW Topic - Chinese New Year

Please join us in our theme week (TW) contest! The January 2017 TW topic is “Chinese New Year". Create an ACEO inspired by this month's topic and list it on eBay on January 1st OR 2nd with ACEO TW JAN in your title. The listing can last up to 7 days.

***Also before you RELIST please make sure you are removing the "TW" from your title. (see rule 4) Thanks a bunch.***
Group members are invited to nominate their favorite ACEO's among the entries, and winners will be selected by polls (see below for more details).
To spread the word about TW, please include the following statement (or equivalent) in your listing description:

“ This is an entry in the Theme Week contest from the ACEO ~ Art Cards Editions and Originals group here on eBay. The contest takes place the first week of each month. To view other listings, click here:http://search.ebay.com/ACEO-TW

*** CONTEST RULES:
1) ACEO theme week (TW) is a fun group competition where group members can win a jpeg “award” certificate to use in future auctions or web sites! Starting in July 2010, only "People’s Choice” and “Most Unique Interpretation” prizes and “Honorable mentions” will be awarded. As these awards are based on votes in a group poll, the art should speak for itself and there will no longer be any restriction on the starting price, shipping cost or listing upgrades. We hope this will encourage more members to participate!
2) The TOPIC is different every month. Upcoming topics for 2016 will be decided later this year.

*** HOW TO ENTER RULES:
1) Create an ORIGINAL ACEO (2.5” x 3.5” art card, any medium) inspired by this month’s TOPIC. “Original” means not a print, unless the ACEO is an original photo or digital artwork, or artwork created using an etching technique such as lithography.
2) List an eBay auction on the 1st of the month (the time you create your auction is your entry time) with a photo or scan of your COMPLETED ACEO – NO progressing WIP (aka “Work in Progress” are not permitted.) Your ACEO must be completed at the time of listing. Any updates or changes to your ACEO art after listing disqualifies your entry. It is acceptable and you are welcome to show your work (as in the steps you took to create your ACEO) in the body of your eBay listing. Put “ACEO TW _______” in the title (fill in ______ with the current month’s 3-letter abbreviation, i.e. Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec). This allows us to find your entries on eBay.
3) Listing of your ACEO MUST BEGIN on the 1st of the month (by the eBay US official time - between 12:00:01 AM and 11:59:59 PM Pacific time, or GMT-7), unless otherwise specified.
~ You can view the official eBay time at:http://viv.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EbayTime
4) Auction duration must be 7 days or less. If you relist a TW ACEO later on, please remove "TW" from your title so there is no confusion about what ACEO's are for the current theme week.
5) Please paste the following statement (or equivalent) in your listing description to promote theme week ACEO's. *Failure to do so may disqualify your entry.*
“ This is an entry in the Theme Week contest from the ACEO ~ Art Cards Editions and Originals group here on eBay. The contest takes place the first week of each month. To view other listings, please search ACEO TW in the ebay search bar“
*** Also consider mentioning the contest and posting images of your entries in your blogs/social networking sites, like for instance our sister Facebook group (http://www.facebook.com/groups/153963054750715). If we all do this, we will all benefit from increased exposure of our artwork to potential buyers.
6) Each auction can only be for a single ACEO, but you may list as many auctions as you want.
7) Starting price and shipping costs are up to you.
😎 Listing upgrades such as bold, highlight, subtitles, featured, charity listing etc. are allowed.
9) You are strongly encouraged to post a link to your listing and/or an image of your ACEO in the theme week photo album or by commenting below in this thread to help other members find your entry.
**** HOW PRIZES ARE AWARDED:
1. Nominations for "People’s Choice" and "Most Unique Interpretation" awards will be accepted by any and all members of the ACEO ~ Art Cards Editions and Originals group between the 2nd and the 9th of the month, or as specified each month.
* We ask that you nominate the ACEO’s based on the art itself - what is truly inspiring to you - and not on the popularity of the artist or private discussions or alliances among members.
Nominations can either be done by posting your choices for each prize category in this thread or, if you prefer, by sending an email to aceogroup@gmail.com specifying your ebay ID and the name and item number/link of each nominated piece. One nomination per category, per member (self-nominations will not be accepted).
2. On 10th of the month, a group poll for each of the categories will be set up based on the number of nominations each ACEO has garnered. Up to 10 artists will be selected for each of the two award categories. Each artist can only have one ACEO nominated per category. If more than 10 ACEO’s are nominated for a given award, or if two or more are from the same artist, ACEO’s will be selected first based on the number of times they were nominated and second based on which nominations were made the earliest. Nomination decisions will be made at the discretion of the poll coordinator, which will strive to keep the contest fair for everyone.
3. The polls will close on the 15th of the month at 6:00 PM eBay time at which point the winners will be announced shortly thereafter. There will be a minimum of four awards: "People’s Choice Award", "Most Unique Interpretation Award" and two "Honorable Mentions" (awarded to the runners-up in each poll).
***In case of a tie in the polls, the corresponding prize will be awarded to each tied participant.
Winners will be asked to email: aceogroup@gmail.com to request their .jpeg award. ***Failure to pick up awards before the next month's poll will result in the forfeiting of your award.***
We hope you will join in for theme week! 
This Month's theme January 2017 is "Chinese New Year". Remember to use ACEO TW JAN in your title.
Happy creating!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: January TW Topic - Chinese New Year

Hi All:

I am finally getting back into my art after nearly a decade.  I am posting my Theme Week entry here as the post instructs.  Things have changed a lot.  Is this the main area for the ACEO group?  I could not find a Theme Week Album. Where do we actually vote on entries and add other art to our names?

Thanks,

D. Lars

The Year of the RoosterThe Year of the Rooster

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Joy will set up polls later, and announce they are ready for voting.  To show your other art feel free to post in a new thread.  We also encourage members to join the sister group on facebook so that you don't miss out on any of the many discussions and special events that take place.
(Same name but on facebook)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/153963054750715/

.•:*¨¨*:•Leola•:*¨¨*:•.

my blog
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Just a reminder:  Nominations must be for members in good standing.  If you nominate someone who is not a member in good standing that nomination will not count and will not show up in the polls.

my blog
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Hello:

I just opened a Facebook account in order to join your Facebook group.  I know... I am like the only person who hasn't used Facebook-LOL.  It shows a button saying something to the effect of "unjoin" group once I click to join and then the next day it goes back to saying "Join Group"

I did briefly start a business page saying The Classy Canvas, but nothing is really on my Facebook account.  Do I have to allow certain people to see me rather than just "Friends" to be able to join?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

D. Lars

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

we must have goofed.  Try again.  Usually if it's a brand new account with no history, we turn it down thinking the request is spam.  What is the name on facebook you are using?  I will approve as soon as I see it.  I will watch for D Lars (or similar)

my blog
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thankyou so much!  Facebook name is Dawn Larson and the Facebook page is The Classy Canvas.  I will try to join again.  I haven't gotten much up on it yet, but will soon.

Dawn

Message 7 of 7
latest reply