cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JUL '15 Theme Week Rules plus post your entries here.

Hi, Everyone!

Please join us in our theme week (TW) contest! The July 2015 TW topic is "Picnic Time".

Create an ACEO inspired by this month's topic and list it on eBay on July 1st with ACEO TW JUL in your title. The listing can last up to 7 days.

Group members are invited to nominate their favorite ACEO's among the entries, and winners will be selected by polls (see below for more details).

To spread the word about TW,  please include the following statement (or equivalent) and please remember to add the link below in your listing description:

This is my entry for the Art Card Editions and Originals - JUL Theme Week contest.  To view other member's entries search ACEO TW JUL or click here:  http://search.ebay.com/ACEO-TW-JUL

Contest rules:

ACEO theme week (TW) is a fun group competition where group members can win a jpeg “award” certificate to use in future auctions or web sites! Starting in July 2010, only "People’s Choice” and “Most Unique Interpretation” prizes and “Honorable mentions” will be awarded. As these awards are based on votes in a group poll, the art should speak for itself and there will no longer be any restriction on the starting price, shipping cost or listing upgrades. We hope this will encourage more members to participate!

The TOPIC is different every month. Upcoming topics for 2014 are being decided, and will be posted in the calendar when available.

How to enter:

* Create an ORIGINAL ACEO (2.5” x 3.5” art card, any medium) inspired by this month’s TOPIC. “Original” means not a print, unless the ACEO is an original photo or digital artwork, or artwork created using an etching technique such as lithography.

* List an eBay auction on the 1st of the month with a photo or scan of your completed ACEO. Put “ACEO TW _______” in the title (fill in ______ with the current month’s 3-letter abbreviation, i.e. Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec). This allows us to find your entries on eBay.

* Listing of your ACEO MUST BEGIN on the 1st of the month (by the eBay US official time - between 12:00:01 AM and 11:59:59 PM Pacific time, or GMT-7), unless otherwise specified.

~ You can view the official eBay time at: http://viv.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?EbayTime

* Auction duration must be 7 days or less. If you relist a TW ACEO later on, please remove "TW" from your title so there is no confusion about what ACEO's are for the current theme week.

* Please paste the following statement (or equivalent) in your listing description to promote theme week ACEO's and please remember to leave the link.  If you use a template simply change the 3 letter month in the link each month.

This is my entry for the Art Card Editions and Originals - JUL Theme Week contest.  To view other member's entries search ACEO TW JUL or click here:  http://search.ebay.com/ACEO-TW-JUL

Also consider mentioning the contest and posting images of your entries in your blogs/social network...

* Each auction can only be for a single ACEO, but you may list as many auctions as you want.

* Starting price and shipping costs are up to you.

* Listing upgrades such as bold, highlight, subtitles, featured, charity listing etc are allowed.

* You are strongly encouraged to post a link to your listing and/or an image of your ACEO in the theme week photo album or by commenting below to help other members find your entry.

How prizes are awarded: This is a 3-step process:

1. Nominations for "People’s Choice" and "Most Unique Interpretation" awards will be accepted by any and all members of the ACEO ~ Art Cards Editions and Originals group between the 2nd and the 10th of the month, or as specified each month.

* We ask that you nominate the ACEO’s based on the art itself - what is truly inspiring to you - and not on the popularity of the artist or private discussions or alliances among members.

Nominations can either be done by posting your choices for each prize category in this thread or, if you prefer, by sending an email to aceovotes@gmail.com specifying your ebay ID and the name and item number of each nominated piece. One nomination per category, per member (self-nominations will not be accepted).

1. On or around the 10th of the month, a group poll for each of the categories will be set up by a member of the ACEO Activities and Events Committee (AAEC) based on the number of nominations each ACEO has garnered. Up to 10 artists will be selected for each of the two award categories. Each artist can only have one ACEO nominated per category. If more than 10 ACEO’s are nominated for a given award, or if two or more are from the same artist, ACEO’s will be selected first based on the number of times they were nominated and second based on which nominations were made the earliest. Nomination decisions will be at the discretion of the AAEC members, which will strive to keep the contest fair for everyone.

1. The polls will close by the 15th of the month (or as specified), at which point the winners will be announced. There will be a minimum of four awards: "People’s Choice Award", "Most Unique Interpretation Award" and two "Honorable Mentions" (awarded to the runners-up in each poll).

In case of a tie in the polls, the corresponding prize will be awarded to each tied participant.

Winners will be asked to contact a member of the AAEC to request their jpeg awards.

We hope you will join in for theme week! Also, we love it when you post pictures of your topic-inspired ACEO's in this thread - and chat away!

This Month's theme Jul 2015) is "Picnic Time". Remember to use ACEO TW JUL in your title, and to please add a blurb about the contest, include the link.

Happy creating!

Thea (Isa is vacationing!)

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Hi again,

I didn't mean to leave my link in the rules box, it just happened automatically when I clicked post since it's my usual signature. 

Post your entries here after they are online and you have your listing's URL (link). Thanks!

Thea

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hi Everyone,
I couldn't post my entry onto .com so it doesn't show in the eBay search. It is located on .com.au. I'm posting the listing link here for easy finding... I hope the link works!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221815011668?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Hi critterfly,

I looked it up and found there are two ways to post internationally.  http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/questions/sell_international.html

Good luck listing next time.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Click Here to View Auction

Theme: Picnic Time

July Theme Week Entry:  Picture Perfect Pet Picnic

ACEO-TW-JUL-Original-Watercolor-Painting-WireFoxTerrier-Artist-Donati-3-5-x2-5

Message 5 of 6
latest reply