cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Building A Better Community" Board Now Open!

A post from Karen, the new Director of Community:

Hi all,

We’re reimagining the online Community experience at eBay and we can’t do this without you. Over the next several weeks we’ll post updates, questions and ideas right here  - in an effort to get your input on what you would like the new Community online experience to include.

To make sure we capture all of your ideas, thoughts and comments over the next few weeks and beyond - you’ll notice a few new faces online. For example, alan@ebay is joining Griff, myself and the eBay Community team as our dedicated Community Manager. After over 3 years on the boards in Dublin, Ireland, Alan is joining us at eBay headquarters in San Jose, CA. Welcome alan@ebay!

At its core, eBay is a place to sell, buy, connect, and learn - but most importantly - eBay is a place to belong.  And, our online Community plays a big part in making that happen. Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts as we build the best Community experience together.

The eBay Community Team

Unfortunately, the only way to "find" this new board is through the main Community page and then the notice is only included in the "scrolling headlines info" at the top of the page.

Here is the link for quick access....share your thoughts and opinions, but, imo, it should be "Community" related and not about eBay problems in general...and FYI, for those who remember, bostongrammy posted!

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Building-A-Better-Online/Building-a-better-online-Community/m-p/2587944...

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 195
latest reply
194 REPLIES 194

I'm not trying to lead anybody here or get them on my side. I'm curious to see how this plays out and I don't expect anyone to give my remarks any validity at all.

Consider this, I can live without posting...hint, hint. 

Disclaimer: Statements may contain satire and sarcasm and should be considered nothing more than an attempt at humor. Any useful information is purely coincidence.
Message 61 of 195
latest reply

Hey pskaudio, I didn't mean YOU are trying to lead people, I meant that there will be posters in the future who will be, IMO and I was referencing what I had posted on the official thread. Hope there's not a misunderstanding between us. 😳

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 62 of 195
latest reply

Okay, got you. I'm not making this up, Alan did respond with the line I quoted. I've got a PDF copy of both messages in case they disappear.

I don't think it pertained only to the direction of conversation on a thread. More along the lines of the overall community. I'd like to be wrong about this, but it's going to be interesting to see how he responds to my question about the purpose of the thread this thread is about.

Too much BS and people who think they are in charge of others. In reality and here. It's not personal and I'm not going to bait him in order to get booted. He needed to address that BS thread and not ignore post #34 yesterday.

We are all customers of eBay and these boards are a secondary part of the market place. When it comes to selling I am completely professional and hold myself to a higher standard than eBay expects. I would bet many others here do as well. Not so eBay will pat me on the back, but because it's who I am.

Here, I let my hair down and try to get a few laughs. I leave the answers to those far more experienced and knowledgeable. Six years ago, these boards were full of people with no sense of humor and was cliquish beyond belief.

It's a nice place to post, read, learn and laugh. No Savanna, we're cool. I can be a bit of a, (annoying personality trait, too many to list) sometimes. I really do appreciate all of you putting up with me, thanks.

Disclaimer: Statements may contain satire and sarcasm and should be considered nothing more than an attempt at humor. Any useful information is purely coincidence.
Message 63 of 195
latest reply

@pskaudio wrote:

I'm not trying to lead anybody here or get them on my side. I'm curious to see how this plays out and I don't expect anyone to give my remarks any validity at all.

Consider this, I can live without posting...hint, hint. 

The hint, hint is if for some reason outside my power....hint, hint.

Not some adolescent "I'm going to run away and you're going to regret it" silliness.

Message 64 of 195
latest reply

This whole thing is such a mess.....so I am just going to listen to music and play the word game ~ Someone please let me know when it is all settled and we have a new, ummm, community! sad emo.gif

Message 65 of 195
latest reply

@hidy-hoo wrote:

This whole thing is such a mess.....so I am just going to listen to music and play the word game ~ Someone please let me know when it is all settled and we have a new, ummm, community! sad emo.gif

Good idea. What will it be, Wilhelm Wagner "Flight of the Valkyries" or Jack Wagner "All I Need"?

"... all I need, is just a little more time to edit this post, what I'm reading online is hard to believe..."

Better, Laurie Anderson "Sharkey's Day".

"Sun's comming up, like a big bald head... and Sharkey says: I think I'll return this item, even though, it's not defective and the little girls sing: Ooh we, Sharkey yea, he's mister SNAD, and they sing..."

New community gonna have a mental ward?

Message 66 of 195
latest reply

"New community gonna have a mental ward?"

With blanket amnesty that's not a bad idea.

Message 67 of 195
latest reply

@savanna.dance wrote:

All eBay and no play makes jack a dull boy

Next year, I'm going to win the Shining award! Or was that Shine award?

Message 68 of 195
latest reply

@savanna.dance wrote:

I thought that this WAS the mental ward???

I've even got my own custom straight jacket for formal occasions 🙂

Related image

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 69 of 195
latest reply

DANS...DANS...DANS...
(EBay Shining award)

Message 70 of 195
latest reply

Back to reality (sanity?). @savanna.dance, on the chat you did confirm sellers at the Open were asked for input on the new boards and were the only poster who got a straight answer.  Thank you for that and sorry for not mentioning sooner, but I've been going through this righteous thing that seems to be comming to an end. Feeling much better now the swelling and coughing stopped. Not quite sure where I caught it. Maybe from someone in the community?

Anyhow, thinking about asking a question next chat regarding what they mean specifically by "online Community experience". No snark, no silliness and for no other purpose than I'd like to know. Though on occasion I can be a bit negativistic (when people smile, I say "Stop doing that or I'm gonna smack that smile upside down!"), I still hold on to the belief, hope, ridiculous notion, etc.. improvements can be made in everything and everywhere.

Any thoughts on this anyone? Except that sock monkey! Putting those songs in my head is responsible for my recent bout of insanity.

Just to end on a humorous note: eBay open in Las Vegas, did they have eBay themed slots? Three SNADs in a line, you not only lose the bet, but have to give another token to the buyer playing next to you.

Message 71 of 195
latest reply

Que sera, sera, whatever will be will be! ♪♫.....because

happy emo.gif

Message 72 of 195
latest reply

Alan just popped his head in over on the Selling board.

Check out the "I'm reimagining" thread 😉

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 73 of 195
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

Alan just popped his head in over on the Selling board.

Check out the "I'm reimagining" thread 😉

Thank you flightless winged poster. If Alan fixes this, I will be totally wrong about him and issue a mea culpa.

@hidy-hoo, or should I call you Doris?

Thanks for giving a grown man a song starting with: When I was just a little girl, I asked my mother what will I be...

Will I be pretty (no)

Will I be rich (no)

Here's what she said to me: Your're a boy!

Message 74 of 195
latest reply

Alan has surfaced on the official building a community board:

alan@ebay Community Manager
12:47 PM
Hello everyone!

Thanks so much for your input on this thread so far! We are reading all posts and taking your feedback on board as we finalise plans for the new enhanced Community.

We'll share more updates soon.

---
Soon, he says. In eBay vernacular, never ... we'll just awake to the changes one morning.

Personally if the wishes come true for ignore, thumbs down and other childish, exclusionary, features, I'm gone.

I'm not here to watch people get hurt, post and nobody reply, the pleading PMs wanting to know why everyone is mad. Sc.. forget that.

Message 75 of 195
latest reply