cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Building A Better Community" Board Now Open!

A post from Karen, the new Director of Community:

Hi all,

We’re reimagining the online Community experience at eBay and we can’t do this without you. Over the next several weeks we’ll post updates, questions and ideas right here  - in an effort to get your input on what you would like the new Community online experience to include.

To make sure we capture all of your ideas, thoughts and comments over the next few weeks and beyond - you’ll notice a few new faces online. For example, alan@ebay is joining Griff, myself and the eBay Community team as our dedicated Community Manager. After over 3 years on the boards in Dublin, Ireland, Alan is joining us at eBay headquarters in San Jose, CA. Welcome alan@ebay!

At its core, eBay is a place to sell, buy, connect, and learn - but most importantly - eBay is a place to belong.  And, our online Community plays a big part in making that happen. Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts as we build the best Community experience together.

The eBay Community Team

Unfortunately, the only way to "find" this new board is through the main Community page and then the notice is only included in the "scrolling headlines info" at the top of the page.

Here is the link for quick access....share your thoughts and opinions, but, imo, it should be "Community" related and not about eBay problems in general...and FYI, for those who remember, bostongrammy posted!

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Building-A-Better-Online/Building-a-better-online-Community/m-p/2587944...

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 195
latest reply
194 REPLIES 194

Re: "Building A Better Community" Board Now Open!

@blackbird*singing wrote:

Before they said mid-end of October. Not surprised it got pushed out.

to which year?

Message 181 of 195
latest reply

^^^^ 😁 😄

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 182 of 195
latest reply

Two more, ummmmm, expats just showed up on the soapbox!  Yowza, considering how slow all of the community boards are, if all of the "departed" posters show up again, we will have more responders than questioners....kinda like eBay with too many sellers and not enough buyers!

Message 183 of 195
latest reply

Why does Ebay have to keep changing things? I agree if it is not broke don't fix it! I HATE The New pages. Go Back to the Old DAYS!! Ebay is loosing allot of people due to this. Another Note: Can someone tell me why Ebay holds us the seller responsible for the Post Offices Job? I lost my top seller status due to the Post office not scanning on time. Why is this My fault??
Message 184 of 195
latest reply

@silverdollargifts

eBay will say, because you choose them. You have other choices. It's your job to find out why your PO is not scanning your items.

Do you go to the PO, get package pick up etc...?

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 185 of 195
latest reply

My husband take the packages to work, because we are in a out of town area where we  have private contractors who do the mail. In town I expect the PO to do their job, But Ebay should Not hold it against sellers when they don't.

Message 186 of 195
latest reply

I don't know if your husband just drops them on the counter and leaves? They should still be scanned. It may help if you print a scan sheet to give to OH.
If it's a major problem, ask to speak with the postmaster general.

eBay has no control over all the post offices. This is something you will need to take care of.
Good luck

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 187 of 195
latest reply

Do you and your husband have a mail box you can leave outgoing mail in?  Most postal delivery people now carry a scanner in their vehicle with them.  I live in a small town of less than 1000 people and my packages get scanned as soon as my carrier takes them out of my box.  I thought it was this way all over the US now.

Message 188 of 195
latest reply

FINALLY AFTER 13 YEARS EBAY HAS IN ITS AUSPICES CHOSEN TO TAKE THE FUNDS FROM AN ITEM WHICH SHOWS "DELIVERED". FOR THESE MANY YEARS I HAVE SOLDIERED ON, WHEN THEY TOOK AWAY MY DISCOUNT BECAUSE NOT ENOUGH TRACKING WAS REPORTED IN TIME, MY BILL WENT FROM $800 TO $1000 PER MONTH AND THAT WAS LIKE TAKING FOOD OUT OF MY FAMILY'S MOUTH. THIS IS THE MIGHTY GAUMISHANG AGAINST EBAY, THESE HORRIBLE GREEDY PEOPLE HAVE DONE EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWER TO STOP ME FROM BEING SUCCESSFUL HERE BUT SORRY EBAY, I HAVE ANYWAY. YOU CAN CLEARLY NOT TAKE ENOUGH TO SATISFY YOUR GREEDY SELVES, I PITY YOUR EMPLOYEES AND OTHERS OF YOUR ILK AND FEEL SORRY FOR MY COMRADES IN ARMS WHO HAVE ALSO WITHSTOOD EBAY'S GREEDY ONSLAUGHT. BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES AND GIVE MY MONEY BACK THE ITEM IS DELIVERED. magonstiive083 391858573830 WON'T PAY

Message 189 of 195
latest reply

@gaumishang  I realize that you are upset, but using all caps makes it difficult to read and understand your post.

Did you ship the item before the buyer paid?

Message 190 of 195
latest reply

YOU'RE KIDDING. GO LOOK AT ME GAUMISHANG@AOL.COM THEN YOU TELL ME.

Message 191 of 195
latest reply

391858573830 YOU HAD BETTER NOT WORK FOR EBAY OR YOU'RE GOING TO BE IN TROUBLE WITH ME HERE. THE ITEM SHOWS DELIVERED AND FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 13 YEARS EBAY REFUSES TO PAY. CAN YOU READ THIS?

Message 192 of 195
latest reply

Sorry after looking closer sounds like you are a member like me. Have you experienced this with eBay yet?

Message 193 of 195
latest reply

@gaumishang Nope, not kidding...just trying to figure out what the problem is, and as I politely said, typing in all caps makes it difficult to understand and read, especially when you are venting!  The last line of your in all caps run on sentence paragraph says:  ***buyer didn't pay (policy violation to name & shame another ID) and yet you are saying that you lost a INR case?  confusing to say the least!

If you would like advice on how to handle your particular situation, then please state exactly what the problem is...if you just want to rant, then by all means, carry on!

Message 194 of 195
latest reply

OK package is out for delivery in France, guy doesn't want to pay customs, files a not received case. Subsequently the package was marked "delivered" yet (because I'm outing the Frenchies too) eBay decides not release the funds. GOT IT? Thanks much for at least giving a moment to this which is more than the eBay yuppie surfers will do. Please don't tell me any of you are satisfied with their level of service / fees. I don't know who you are but $200 a month off my family's budget is significant as I explained in my first correspondence. Again sorry somehow in your posts it seemed you were representing those reprehensible mongers at eBay.

Message 195 of 195
latest reply