cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Building A Better Community" Board Now Open!

A post from Karen, the new Director of Community:

Hi all,

We’re reimagining the online Community experience at eBay and we can’t do this without you. Over the next several weeks we’ll post updates, questions and ideas right here  - in an effort to get your input on what you would like the new Community online experience to include.

To make sure we capture all of your ideas, thoughts and comments over the next few weeks and beyond - you’ll notice a few new faces online. For example, alan@ebay is joining Griff, myself and the eBay Community team as our dedicated Community Manager. After over 3 years on the boards in Dublin, Ireland, Alan is joining us at eBay headquarters in San Jose, CA. Welcome alan@ebay!

At its core, eBay is a place to sell, buy, connect, and learn - but most importantly - eBay is a place to belong.  And, our online Community plays a big part in making that happen. Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts as we build the best Community experience together.

The eBay Community Team

Unfortunately, the only way to "find" this new board is through the main Community page and then the notice is only included in the "scrolling headlines info" at the top of the page.

Here is the link for quick access....share your thoughts and opinions, but, imo, it should be "Community" related and not about eBay problems in general...and FYI, for those who remember, bostongrammy posted!

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Building-A-Better-Online/Building-a-better-online-Community/m-p/2587944...

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 195
latest reply
194 REPLIES 194

Re: "Building A Better Community" Board Now Open!

hidy likes the ring of ebay peewee ... it sounds like a team ... the ebay peewee league ... league of peewee'ers ... peewee's r us 😜

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 136 of 195
latest reply

@savanna.dance wrote:
hidy likes the ring of ebay peewee ... it sounds like a team ... the ebay peewee league ... league of peewee'ers ... peewee's r us 😜

The eBay peewees vs. The bad news buyers

Disclaimer: Statements may contain satire and sarcasm and should be considered nothing more than an attempt at humor. Any useful information is purely coincidence.
Message 137 of 195
latest reply

PSK this is genius, I laughed out loud, really!

"The eBay peewees vs. The bad news buyers"

Message 138 of 195
latest reply

@shirleys809304 wrote:

So shoot me.  I voted.  At least if they do this inane ranking of kudos, it will have rank titles I likeSmiley LOL    Come on now, wouldn't you rather be an ''Enthusiast' vs ' legend' or 'dynamo' or 'superstar'? 

I don't care what you call me... you'd be amazed what I've been called...

all I want is the doinkin HTML button back and the removal of the new

and disastrous image option... oops, I was told not to talk about that for

six to eight weeks... yup... doink that, call me fed up, or whatever you want.

Message 139 of 195
latest reply

You've ranked up to "HTML button back" member!

Disclaimer: Statements may contain satire and sarcasm and should be considered nothing more than an attempt at humor. Any useful information is purely coincidence.
Message 140 of 195
latest reply

Instead of voting on the titles THEY came up with, perhaps I could suggest a few ..........Man Mad

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 141 of 195
latest reply

And that reminds me......get rid of these 'emoticons'.  They are a joke.Man MadMan SurprisedWoman MadRobot EmbarassedWoman SurprisedCat Mad

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 142 of 195
latest reply

@shirleys809304 wrote:

Instead of voting on the titles THEY came up with, perhaps I could suggest a few ..........Man Mad

We're all ears Cat Very Happy, throw out a few. They must be better than the ones eBay threw up.

Message 143 of 195
latest reply

Ha ha ... you said "threw up."

Watch out what you wish for Shirl's, we could get new and improved emojis!

Message 144 of 195
latest reply

"I don't care what you call me"

Please call me a taxi..................................http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii269/theogrit/1sm083Pudum.gif

I don't care what you call me, just don't call me late for dinner!  blue very sad emo.gif

Message 145 of 195
latest reply

Someone asked about the HTML button again today and Alan gave his usual response.

Replacing the button doesn't seem like such a big deal.

I'm beginning to think it's not part of the new Community and ain't comin' back.

Why can't these people just be straight?

We want c.r.a.p., the word and HTML, the button! They can keep their stupid ranks and put em where the word we want comes from. Smiley Very Happy

Mini rant finished.

Message 146 of 195
latest reply

@bronx-dog wrote:

@shirleys809304 wrote:

So shoot me.  I voted.  At least if they do this inane ranking of kudos, it will have rank titles I likeSmiley LOL    Come on now, wouldn't you rather be an ''Enthusiast' vs ' legend' or 'dynamo' or 'superstar'? 

I don't care what you call me... you'd be amazed what I've been called...

all I want is the doinkin HTML button back and the removal of the new

and disastrous image option... oops, I was told not to talk about that for

six to eight weeks... yup... doink that, call me fed up, or whatever you want.

@bronx-dog I hope you are not talking about what I said?

Just in case you are, then maybe I can clarify. The only thing I said was that my best guess at the earliest we may see a change or updates is 4-6 weeks away (now 3-5 weeks) when they roll out the board changes. Personally, if I have some sort of ETA in mind, it helps me to not go completely crazy when I'm waiting on something. I provided a guess an an ETA to try and make us less anxious about it (ie: sit tight and hopefully it will be fixed when the board changes are implemented). But if you need or want to vent about it in the meantime, by all means, go ahead. I never said not to discuss it. 😞

Message 147 of 195
latest reply

@hidy-hoo wrote:

"I don't care what you call me"

Please call me a taxi..................................http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii269/theogrit/1sm083Pudum.gif

I don't care what you call me, just don't call me late for dinner!  blue very sad emo.gif

that is a terrible joke...got nothinbut love for ya though...Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

I just found out if you post on the ebay radio chat...you can say **bleep**... I mean c r a p

Interesting how if you are in an ebay clique...you don't have the same rules as the rest of us... yes you have to join that chat/group..which is worthless IMO

But it can be read by anyone.

Message 148 of 195
latest reply

can-stock-photo_csp2745059.jpglaughing emo.giflove.gif.....Hey, I thought I was on a roll and everyone would call me butter!  silly tongue emo.gif

I love being stooopid....LDO and I are ridiculously stooopid together, lol ~ tis one of the things that attracted me to this group ~ not that anyone here is stooopid~ maybe "silly" is the better choice of words ~ anyhoo, hoo was just trying to lighten the mood!

Message 149 of 195
latest reply

@blackbird*singing wrote:

@bronx-dog I hope you are not talking about what I said?

Just in case you are, then maybe I can clarify. The only thing I said was that my best guess at the earliest we may see a change or updates is 4-6 weeks away (now 3-5 weeks) when they roll out the board changes. Personally, if I have some sort of ETA in mind, it helps me to not go completely crazy when I'm waiting on something. I provided a guess an an ETA to try and make us less anxious about it (ie: sit tight and hopefully it will be fixed when the board changes are implemented). But if you need or want to vent about it in the meantime, by all means, go ahead. I never said not to discuss it. 😞

Yes... I want to vetch and need no permission to do so, don't agree, fine by me...

as far as eBay employees claiming they are,"Be All To End All" with respect to

improving the Community Experience... I've been there, done that, too many

times to count, not my first rodeo... all with absolutely no improvements.

Jeffy Boy gelded the eBay Part Time Sellers Board. Dawn stuck an "A" in front

of our new bottom of the barrel "Group" status... yeedoinkinhaaaa. Now we have

Alan... who simply hopes that by not answering a simple questions, we are all

such losers that we will forget we ever had an HTML option, or a functioning

Imaging option, or a fully functional Video option... what HTML option??????

Alan is counting one one simple fact... Bull**bleep** baffles brains. Sadly, some

seem ready to accept that. I don't. There should be no ETA for improvements

and definately should not be predicated by castrating all of our existing options.

Message 150 of 195
latest reply