cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay's Believe It or Not, Tales From the Field!

The Part Timers Forum used to have an on-going thread about posts that were odd/funny/stooopid/contained weird CS answers ~ or just generally considered silly or outrageous.  The OP of the thread was "the medic", so while the PT group is still kickin', I thought it would be fun to start another similar thread.

Readers, if you run across a post, comment, feedback, etc., that is "off the beaten path", please add it to this thread.  I read the community almost every day and will contribute when something catches my eye. Just something to break up the boredom of listing, revising, answering questions, and working around the eBay listing glitches Smiley Surprised ~ or waiting for something to sell Smiley SurprisedSmiley SadSmiley Surprised

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 277
latest reply
276 REPLIES 276

@savanna.dance wrote:
PS thanks everyone for the snipe congrats. Pre, I've never seen UP but now I really want to!

It's SO good! You should definitely watch it!

Message 121 of 277
latest reply

@prefontained wrote:

@savanna.dance wrote:
PS thanks everyone for the snipe congrats. Pre, I've never seen UP but now I really want to!

It's SO good! You should definitely watch it!

Yes ... I definitely concur! I enjoyed UP so much.  It has to be one of my favorites.

Squirrel!

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 122 of 277
latest reply

"I have had a buyer that is refusing to return the item after 45 days and the money is now missing." shipping+returns

This thread is about a seller who shipped extra items in the lot (by mistake) and the buyer is so upset that they are demanding a refund because they were sent extra items not depicted in the photos... and the buyer also refuses to ship everything back. It is a large lot of jewelry findings/supplies all new.

And when I checked, it was the seller's first sale and they now have a -1 FB - you almost never see that anymore!

Message 123 of 277
latest reply

Wow, the world IS really going nuts!   Imagine being upset because you received extra items?!?  How easy that would be to settle.  Notify seller.  No doubt the seller would pay for shipping of the 'extra' items sent by mistake. 

Note: This would happen in a normal world.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 124 of 277
latest reply

Can't decide if this one is funny or a sad commentary on the state of eBay users!

How do you guys file a police report dealing with an EBay issue?  Do you just call 911  

RollingEyesSmiley5.gif

Message 125 of 277
latest reply

Oh geez - they must think it qualifies as a life and death emergency.

Message 126 of 277
latest reply

Oh my gosh - just saw the actual post. Did you note the username?

Message 127 of 277
latest reply

@prefontained wrote:

Oh my gosh - just saw the actual post. Did you note the username?

Yup, which made it all the funnier....not "smart" to have that kind of an ID and then ask a question like that!

Image result for einstein duh

Message 128 of 277
latest reply

Holy guacamole batman. Sad. This is what happens without phonebooks. Maybe some civic club needs to take up the cause and pass out the chart that used to be in the front of every phonebook.

With that said, I'm sure the 911 operators get all kinds of harebrained calls. I listen to the police scanner sometime and it's bizarre stuff, like "she's walking down street X feels scared and needs a ride to Y." OR wee morning hours and X needs to go to work, but wants the police to come check the interior of her car before she walks out of the house.

Now this is a police department severely understaffed, yet you hear the officer take the call. I had never thought of calling the police when I was scared or wanted someone to check the backseat before I got in my car.

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 129 of 277
latest reply

Looking through jewelry I found this listing photo....Now I can't figure out if you buy the item if this is included! NOT....

If You will need to use this if You buy the jewelry because it won't attract a MAN....

Or perhaps it is on the dresser after a HOT night out on the town and You did NOT need to use it...

joke listing.JPG

Message 130 of 277
latest reply

I am too old to Have my mind in the gutter too often...Glad You told me it is a lipstick tube....I still would not take a picture like that. How many other people don't know about a lipstick called MAC? 

Message 132 of 277
latest reply

Oh don't worry. I thought what you did, untll I saw the M from the MAC logo - it's an easily identified font if you've seen it before. And if you're not familiar then of course the rounded cap could throw you off!

Message 133 of 277
latest reply

I don't know what everyone else thought it could be, but I thought it was a knockoff of a montblanc pen. Now I'm feeling how I once thought of my mother, hopelessly naive. 😳

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 134 of 277
latest reply

@moonbloodstone wrote:

I am too old to Have my mind in the gutter too often...Glad You told me it is a lipstick tube....I still would not take a picture like that. How many other people don't know about a lipstick called MAC? 

Pam, that is hilarious....and it is a rather odd looking picture, and is one of the reasons why eye witness reports are suspect ~ perception is everything ~ case in point:

Image result for sexy vegetables

Message 135 of 277
latest reply