cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay's Believe It or Not, Tales From the Field!

The Part Timers Forum used to have an on-going thread about posts that were odd/funny/stooopid/contained weird CS answers ~ or just generally considered silly or outrageous.  The OP of the thread was "the medic", so while the PT group is still kickin', I thought it would be fun to start another similar thread.

Readers, if you run across a post, comment, feedback, etc., that is "off the beaten path", please add it to this thread.  I read the community almost every day and will contribute when something catches my eye. Just something to break up the boredom of listing, revising, answering questions, and working around the eBay listing glitches Smiley Surprised ~ or waiting for something to sell Smiley SurprisedSmiley SadSmiley Surprised

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 277
latest reply
276 REPLIES 276

@lovethose49ers wrote:
My way or the highway?

@pskaudio

How much wine have you had? What are you trying to say?

Disclaimer: Statements may contain satire and sarcasm and should be considered nothing more than an attempt at humor. Any useful information is purely coincidence.
Message 106 of 277
latest reply

In total my whole life?
1/4 of a cup, and the other half went on the floor!
@pskausio

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 107 of 277
latest reply

Oops @pskaudio

Message 108 of 277
latest reply

No problem. I guess spilling your wine on the floor caused a mistype.

Disclaimer: Statements may contain satire and sarcasm and should be considered nothing more than an attempt at humor. Any useful information is purely coincidence.
Message 109 of 277
latest reply

Is mistype a word?
So it seems or I can't get that wine off the floor .
Whatever will I do??????

Message 110 of 277
latest reply

Congrats on the SNIPE Savanna.... 

For some subject lines you need a masters degree in code cracking to figure out what the OP is trying to say....for instance:

Bloci need to black a buyerk a buyer  Smiley Surprised

The first reply which just happened to be from penguins, lol

Wop-bop-a-loo-bop-a-wop-bam-boom?  laughing emo.gif

Another poster asked if the OP was typing with mittens on!

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 111 of 277
latest reply

Tooty fruity!

Got to be those to tiny keyboards on smart phones. Makes people sound stupid.

Message 112 of 277
latest reply

@hidy-hoo wrote:

A couple of Subject Lines that made me laugh!

I have some pics of my balls for id but the pics are not that goodSmiley Surprised

Hi i am a new **bleep** seller lol

hidy, it looks like you stumbled onto Anthony Weiner's eBay account. shock.gif

Message 113 of 277
latest reply

@lovethose49ers wrote:

So you went to bed with a 10 at 2 and woke up to a 2 at 10? 😝

I've never gone to bed with an ugly girl, but I have woke up with a few...

if that's what you're asking.

Message 114 of 277
latest reply

@pskaudio wrote:

"Got to be those to tiny keyboards on smart phones. Makes people sound stupid."

^^^This is the truth. Between the smallish screens and auto-correct, some really goofy stuff gets posted.

Lithium's miniscule edit time doesn't help. For posters not familiar with the site, they probably don't know to look under the light gray "options" on the bottom left corner to find the edit button in the first place.

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 115 of 277
latest reply

PS thanks everyone for the snipe congrats. Pre, I've never seen UP but now I really want to!

Message 116 of 277
latest reply

@savanna.dance wrote:
@pskaudio wrote:

"Got to be those to tiny keyboards on smart phones. Makes people sound stupid."

^^^This is the truth. Between the smallish screens and auto-correct, some really goofy stuff gets posted.

Lithium's miniscule edit time doesn't help. For posters not familiar with the site, they probably don't know to look under the light gray "options" on the bottom left corner to find the edit button in the first place.

Tyankls savbasnnma, ik nbow kjno hgowe tyo fdix myt mnisdtawkesd.

Darn smartphone...

Message 117 of 277
latest reply

@pskaudio wrote:

Darn smartphone...

smartphone - the dumbing down of eBay...

mini titles... mini pictures... no description... click... buy... return, or SNAD

Message 118 of 277
latest reply

"smartphone - the dumbing down of eBay..."

Maybe, maybe not. For years, I had an old model smartphone, never had an issue loading any eBay listings either in mobile or full view. My new smartphone, with all the latest updates, certainly has no issues.

These phones are programmed to handle the internet like a champ, since that's their major use these days. I've never had a computer that would allow me to have 27+ windows open at once. The phone does it without blinking an eye.

I can run a full photo editing program, play a downloaded games, surf the internet from many windows, send text messages, have a messenger app up and running, run a hot spot for other devices to connect to the internet, run a music app in the background, while blue toothing an external speaker, take pictures or video, upload content to and surf facebook, check the Pinterest app, etc etc etc all at the same time.

But eBay wants you to believe mobile devices can't open a full listing page? Sounds a little nuts to me.

I have never read a single post from mobile user stating they can't load the listings. I've seen people post about the app, but not about eBay mobile accessed through the device browser.

This is what I think. The mobile devices are being used as the scapegoat for what eBay wants to do, which is show the buyer only as much information as needed to get a sale ... impulse buying.

Like Jeff said, during the hide the description test, too much information confuses buyers. They want to eliminate as much information as possible that might turn a buyer from a yes to a know.

He said people don't like to make too many decisions. I'm supposing seeing lots of description and item specifics drags the buyer further away from the dragging people further from the central nexus, to buy or not to buy.

So yeah, eBay keep saying a device I hold in my hand that has more computing power than an old IBM mainframe, can't parse and display a text description.

Message 119 of 277
latest reply

***When I say never, I don't mean the times the site is down for everyone, or a horrendous update has made the site unusable.

In this case I don't believe eBay's, "we've got to change all this because of mobile users."

Message 120 of 277
latest reply