cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay's Believe It or Not, Tales From the Field!

The Part Timers Forum used to have an on-going thread about posts that were odd/funny/stooopid/contained weird CS answers ~ or just generally considered silly or outrageous.  The OP of the thread was "the medic", so while the PT group is still kickin', I thought it would be fun to start another similar thread.

Readers, if you run across a post, comment, feedback, etc., that is "off the beaten path", please add it to this thread.  I read the community almost every day and will contribute when something catches my eye. Just something to break up the boredom of listing, revising, answering questions, and working around the eBay listing glitches Smiley Surprised ~ or waiting for something to sell Smiley SurprisedSmiley SadSmiley Surprised

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 277
latest reply
276 REPLIES 276

I have been rolling on the floor about this. On the Seller board is a post...

A Buyer feels cheated on an item he bought. He loves the item but felt overcharged because it was supposed to be expedited shipping. So this Buyer has done everything he can to get that postage back! The Seller says  return for  a refund...standard line! lol (I bet THAT Seller thinks they are coming out of the woodwork!)

One Seller commented "Since when has paypal refund part of shipping  when seller does not use the one they have listed for use , Because this news to  me to file  shipping cost SNAD?"

"Only Shipping significantly Not as described" In Sellers group!

I rolled on the floor about that one.....Funny Seller!

This is what the guy bought!

A Scotish skirt. then I was thinking a Scotsman (I am Scotch) trying to pinch a penny until it squeals! (No offense intended)

Message 61 of 277
latest reply

Message 62 of 277
latest reply

Two more brilliant messages from eBay:

1. Askng me to review a product from an order that was canceled.

2. Telling me that an item is no longer available and to click the link to find an alternative... well it's no longer available because I purchased the original item so an alternative is not needed, thanks.

genius.jpg

Message 63 of 277
latest reply

I was remembering this post earlier today... Go to that search box above and put in:

Here's a good one!

It should be the 2nd thread that comes up in search (mentions christmas light box).

Message 64 of 277
latest reply

You're search box must be better than my search box ......can't find it! sad emo.gif

Message 65 of 277
latest reply

There was a post about 3 weeks ago from a seller who blocked a potential buyer. They asked a LOT of questions and the nature of their later questions (off-eBay sale, etc) gave the seller a bad feeling so they blocked them. Then the buyer created other IDs - first one they messaged seller saying they were a vet and wanted a discount. Same location, blocked. Next one buyer says they're a student and want a discount. Again, same location, seller blocked them.

About 3 weeks later, buyer found seller's post on the board, adds a couple of messages the past 2 days asking to be unblocked saying they promise they won't ask for discounts again or any of the other stuff.

Message 67 of 277
latest reply

When I state please look at all pictures and ask questions. What I really mean is this: how can you hold me responsible for an item you were in doubt about or had questions about but purchased it without ASKING A QUESTION I COULD HAVE ANSWERED!!! Then I have written buyer is responsible for return shipping charges and we can avoid costly returns if you simply ask questions. There is a site that when an item is listed just below it is a QUESTION and answer area and a then a review area. Although this does not work for the type of pre-owned items I sell please tell me why is it So difficult for someone to ask a question on a buy it now item? I do. I ask questions all the time. And many times I have had an item in my cart and have changed my mind because of the answer. Although sometimes disappointing I appreciated the sellers honesty. And I avoid having to pay return shipping!! So here it is, my believe it or not: listing for a vintage rhinestone brooch clear stones set in silver tone metal. I stated pin was made in 20's-30's era. I state accurate measurements. I mention I am available for ANY questions. I take upclose clear pictures. A week later it sells for around $20. 2 weeks later I get message from buyer saying they would have appreciated me telling them approximat size (I did) color of stones (I did) and color of metal (I did). And they would have appreciated it if they could have asked me about these things before they purchased as Although it was not what she expected she did wear to the event she wanted it for but now wanted to return it and to prevent an item not as described would I please allow the return??? Are YOU kidding me??? Copied this and called eBay. She was blocked from a possible return and feedback. So yes they can have your back. Just thought I would vent and share at same time:)
Message 68 of 277
latest reply

I've got a silly one....but as a buyer.

A seller had an item for sale that I REALLY wanted, but at a fair price. Seller was asking $225 OBO. I offered $200...was completely ignored and offer expired. A week later seller relisted item for $200 OBO.  I offered $180...was completely ignored and offer expired. A week later seller relisted item for $180 OBO.  I offered $175....and was completely ignored, offer expired (get where this is going?).  Last week seller relisted item for $150 OBO...and I just went ahead and paid the $150 for fear of someone else snapping it up before they ignored my offer.  Seller has a grand total of 4 feedbacks....so I was worried if seller would actually ship the item (or would just forget to...LOL).  Just got the tracking number and did my happy dance.  Clueless seller lost out on $50 because they were too lazy to accept an offer, and I got a great deal much lower than I was willing to pay. 

By the way the item is HIGHLY sought after, and I have seen it sell here for $200-$280 on several other occasions (this particular item only comes up for sale maybe once or twice a year).  My guess is the only reason it wasn't snapped up first week of sale was the "OBO" (nobody pays asking price when OBO is present)...and all offers were ignored....like mine.

Thank God for newbies! Smiley Very Happy

Message 69 of 277
latest reply

Why you should never trust the view counter...

Views = 0 / Watchers = 1

Screen Shot 2016-06-13 at 12.11.17 AM.png

Message 70 of 277
latest reply

2 different occasions,

I sold to 2 different guys that I worked with decades ago.

And I had not been keeping in touch with either one.

Jean

Message 71 of 277
latest reply

I was looking for some perfume and saw a seller had a negative for sending the buyer a tester. When I looked at the listing, there it was in CAPS, no less, right in the title, TESTER.

I sent the seller a message and told them to contact eBay to get the neg removed. What an idiot that buyer was. Leaving a neg for getting what that ordered. Sheesh!

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 72 of 277
latest reply

This is a classic ~ reminded me of all the wha wha threads where the actual problem was caused by the OP:

Subject of Thread:  

Why Are People So **bleep** Stupid On eBay?

Seriously how hard is it to read the description.

And the perfect answer:

I imagine it is as hard as reading policies first before listing in violation of the rules. laughing emo.gif

Message 73 of 277
latest reply

Can anyone translate this post? spellcheck was in shock!

Subject:  

rsdghffsdlfkhdsfl fdsfhdsfshf dyfkjldhfjzlfksdg ;soiufdoiffo;gpjfd;kj s;lfjsouiefdf;gjf;lg

Replies:

If you say so

I'll take "How excited I am to be on EBay Community" for $300 Alex

Hamster (cat, dog, rat, guinea pig, turtle, ferret, parrot) get loose and is playing on your keyboard again? 

Welcome to earth............ (hi skinny!)

I find this quite erudite...for a cat

Message 74 of 277
latest reply

shaking my head smiley girl.gifSMH!  Hope you all can decipher my post as it's not much better than the original, oy!

Message 75 of 277
latest reply