cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay's Believe It or Not, Tales From the Field!

The Part Timers Forum used to have an on-going thread about posts that were odd/funny/stooopid/contained weird CS answers ~ or just generally considered silly or outrageous.  The OP of the thread was "the medic", so while the PT group is still kickin', I thought it would be fun to start another similar thread.

Readers, if you run across a post, comment, feedback, etc., that is "off the beaten path", please add it to this thread.  I read the community almost every day and will contribute when something catches my eye. Just something to break up the boredom of listing, revising, answering questions, and working around the eBay listing glitches Smiley Surprised ~ or waiting for something to sell Smiley SurprisedSmiley SadSmiley Surprised

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 277
latest reply
276 REPLIES 276

A buyer bid on and won 5 items. Shortly after we received the following request.

Please do not combine shipment  on my items I do not want to pay anymore than I have to for shipping.

Message 16 of 277
latest reply

laughing emo.gifOh my, feather.....did you tell the buyer you would be happy to oblige?  LOL

Here is a comment from an angry seller that most likely didn't take the time to analyze exactly how his suggestion would play out.....ummm, that would mean no new buyers allowed!

Am I the only one or should we as a community ban all buyers with 0 feedback from buying

Message 17 of 277
latest reply

No I combined the shipment and in a email showed her how much she would have paid versus how much she paid combined... No responce or thank you.Smiley Frustrated

Message 18 of 277
latest reply

Title of thread:  

Scammer requested return, sent me kitty litter!

ID of poster:  dogghouse  laughing emo.gif  yup, I have a bizarre sense of humor!

Message 19 of 277
latest reply

@hidy-hoo wrote:

ID of poster:  dogghouse  laughing emo.gif 

No relation and not my address. question.gif

Message 20 of 277
latest reply

@bronx-dog wrote:

@hidy-hoo wrote:

ID of poster:  dogghouse  laughing emo.gif 

No relation and not my address. question.gif

True that, bronx-dog, however both of us have paid him a visit!  

Message 21 of 277
latest reply

Another "dog" story......

Then I see a message soon after with a request to cancel. The buyer told a very long winded story that I didn't read, but I got "I got up to answer the door, the dog jumped on my bed, hit some keys and purchased the coin." 

laughing emo.gif                                       

Message 22 of 277
latest reply

@hidy-hoo wrote:

Another "dog" story......

Then I see a message soon after with a request to cancel. The buyer told a very long winded story that I didn't read, but I got "I got up to answer the door, the dog jumped on my bed, hit some keys and purchased the coin." 

laughing emo.gif                                       

Yep..there are some smart dogs now a days and babies too; one buyer requested her bids be canacelled because the toddler accidently bid on it...3 times?! People just give us the truth, get some b@lls.Smiley Surprised

Message 23 of 277
latest reply

My strange tale for today.

Buyer purchased 2 champagne flutes late last night.

There's a message on the sales order (not in messages) that she needs these engraved with a name and date.

Ummm -- I don't do engraving 😞

So, I check the buyer's history .... she's a newbie with only one feedback ... from a seller who does custom engraved wedding/anniversary cake cutters and stuff like that (and custom engraved signs, from what I can see of their sold history).

*sigh*  I sent a polite email and message this morning that we don't engrave, and a short explanation that eBay is not a store, but a platform consisting of a lot of individual sellers.

I shipped them off this morning, because I've got one-day handling .... we shall see

*sigh*

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 24 of 277
latest reply

My cat changes the TV channels.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 25 of 277
latest reply

A couple of chuckles for the day regarding low ball offers and non payers:

1.  2 months after the sale, the buyer emailed and asked if it was still for sale.

Reason for not paying - was in jail.

2.  Buyer from Spain wanted me to lower the price, falsify the customs form, and assured me she was a "perfect 100% feedback person"

RollingEyesSmiley5.gif

#1 courtesy of @nomoaa ~ where ya been, Jean? 

Message 26 of 277
latest reply

...a seller looking for help on how to phrase a statement in his listing:

My Question to you ladies and ES:

How can I phrase, in a nice way:

"if your feet are too fat don't buy a medium fit !!!"  laughing emo.gif

Message 27 of 277
latest reply

hmmmm, remember the eBay suggestion to start your auctions at 99¢....the suggestion that seasoned sellers laughed at?  Well, if you are Oprah, it works just fine!

Shop Oprah’s Closet
Your chance to raid Oprah’s closet is here, and you could take home designer finds like her Alexander McQueen wrap dress, plus a pair of autographed Christian Louboutin platform pumps—with all proceeds benefitting girls’ education.
    • 17 items

• $330 - Up

Message 28 of 277
latest reply

I'm watching the Leboutain (sp?) Pumps ... just because 🙂

The auction is over $9K already and we haven't heard from the snipers yet 🙂

There was a thread, can't find it now, from a seller complaining about having to "compete" with Oprah ....LOL, like any of us could even try ... The woman is a force of nature 🙂

Personally ... I think that it is great that she's using eBay ... it will draw buyers here that would not normally be here. Whether they stay or not, that's the question.

Message 29 of 277
latest reply

I got my "your watched item is ending" notification on Oprah's Louboutains 🙂

It seems that they cancelled the two 9K + bids, so the bidding is down to a reasonable 2.5K now ...

LOL

Message 30 of 277
latest reply