cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay's Believe It or Not, Tales From the Field!

The Part Timers Forum used to have an on-going thread about posts that were odd/funny/stooopid/contained weird CS answers ~ or just generally considered silly or outrageous.  The OP of the thread was "the medic", so while the PT group is still kickin', I thought it would be fun to start another similar thread.

Readers, if you run across a post, comment, feedback, etc., that is "off the beaten path", please add it to this thread.  I read the community almost every day and will contribute when something catches my eye. Just something to break up the boredom of listing, revising, answering questions, and working around the eBay listing glitches Smiley Surprised ~ or waiting for something to sell Smiley SurprisedSmiley SadSmiley Surprised

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 277
latest reply
276 REPLIES 276

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

@blackbird*singing wrote:

@ecwolf wrote:

I gave up on "Ebay has seriouse (sic) server problems and they are not tell anyone!!!"

I've never opened that one. Isn't it something like 25 or 30 pages and a few years old?

That annoys the poop out of me 😞 It is always on page one with its misspelled title. My OCD goes into fits. 😉

Technically, it is OCPD, not OCD. The former is one who obsesses over order and perfection. The latter is one who obsesses over meaningless routines and rituals.

Congratulations penguins, you've moved up to Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder! Welcome to the club.

Disclaimer: Statements may contain satire and sarcasm and should be considered nothing more than an attempt at humor. Any useful information is purely coincidence.
Message 166 of 277
latest reply

I'm a card-carrying member.

Penguins- perhaps you can use the 'report' link and just ask the mod to correct the spelling of the title on the lead post? Smiley Tongue

Message 167 of 277
latest reply

Obsessive Compulsive Penguin Disorder, you mean 🙂

Here's my contribution to the thread for today:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Bidding-Buying/Im-buying-the-same-items-from-many-sellers-all-there-ac...

Guy keeps buying the same item for the same unbelievable deal ... from China ... and wants to blame eBay that he keeps falling for it ... 5 or 6 times already 😞

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 168 of 277
latest reply

My Account thread "Does this battery come with installation kit".

Another OP space cadet with an attitudeSmiley Frustrated

Disclaimer: Statements may contain satire and sarcasm and should be considered nothing more than an attempt at humor. Any useful information is purely coincidence.
Message 169 of 277
latest reply

Congrats, you made it into the event! Your item is being featured. You're in! Your item will be seen by millions. We've selected your item to be included in our exclusive event Sept 16-23.

The event will not be listed on our sales & events page during its limited 1 week run! And if the event is anything like the promos we have sent to you via our e-mail blasts, we will be sure to send it to a select group of members who have zero interest in the category. This will explain why your item will be viewed only twice.

Thanks so much, eBay!! Smiley Indifferent

Message 170 of 277
latest reply

I have to admit I'm a bit grumpy...didn't sleep very well.....anyway

I always love reading posters who post on the boards **bleeping** about all the misinformation that's posted , but yet you never see them posting help to anyone...if ever..on the selling or buying boards...getting started, etc

Perhaps if the majority of their posts are on a fricken chat thread...their supposed plethora of knowledge would be better served to this "community" by trying to actually help people on the various threads/posts they apparently despise.

I could always help more I guess and I try to post the correct info when I do...All you seasoned lurkers should help then....or not comment if you offer very little yourself.

I don't see you posting links or advice....but you'll post to complain...share your knowledge then.

if the most you care to share is how great griff is and what you had for breakfast, then keep your judgements to yourself.

*end rant

Message 171 of 277
latest reply

@dorskinny I saw I got creamed this morning by someone who I had never even heard of. Sad. 😞

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 172 of 277
latest reply

@dorskinny wrote:

I have to admit I'm a bit grumpy...didn't sleep very well.....anyway

I always love reading posters who post on the boards **bleeping** about all the misinformation that's posted , but yet you never see them posting help to anyone...if ever..on the selling or buying boards...getting started, etc

Perhaps if the majority of their posts are on a fricken chat thread...their supposed plethora of knowledge would be better served to this "community" by trying to actually help people on the various threads/posts they apparently despise.

I could always help more I guess and I try to post the correct info when I do...All you seasoned lurkers should help then....or not comment if you offer very little yourself.

I don't see you posting links or advice....but you'll post to complain...share your knowledge then.

if the most you care to share is how great griff is and what you had for breakfast, then keep your judgements to yourself.

*end rant

Don't know Griff, but this morning I had a cup of coffee and a cigarette for breakfast. I know, they're bad for my health smoking them, so I eat one or two depending on how hungry I am.

@savanna.dance, how did you get creamed yesterday? You seem very likeable and friendly (not to the point of nausea, thankfully).

@dorskinny, everybody needs a rant or two once and a while. Smiley Mad

Message 173 of 277
latest reply

Seriously, WHO writes all of the copy for eBay? Just got a marketing e-mail:

New phone, who’s this? It’s savings for you.

And it was not all about phones, either. As if it would have been better if it was all about phones. Smiley Indifferent

Message 174 of 277
latest reply

I got the same one pre. I don't know who writes their copy. It's sad.

With that being said, this email was more useful than most because it was about BOOKS and I think most people would agree that that's more than a glancing blow ... someone actually did a correct analysis of their data. Should we be scared?

Message 175 of 277
latest reply

Haha - mine was mostly about clothing and accessories (which is something i (try to) sell but not something I shop for.

They also featured packing materials which I did purchase recently.

Message 176 of 277
latest reply

I'm self reporting to this thread because I think the wheels went off trolley here:

http://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Strange-Buyer-blocked-but-eBay-allowed-him-to-leave-feedback-on...

Page 2

Message 177 of 277
latest reply

Me again, for sitting some minutes trying to decode the following sentence:

"Sitting on the river pulling in channel cats."

All I could think is that the poster in question was doing SOMETHING on Amazon. What it was I didn't know.

Finally I broke out of my eBaycentric thought pattern and realized that were actually talking about catfishing and not trying to avoid a mod slap for mentioning AZ on the sellers forum.

Message 178 of 277
latest reply

Channel catfish (Ictalurus punctatus) is North America's most numerous catfish species. It is the official fish of Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, and Tennessee.

Message 179 of 277
latest reply

Thank you, BD. Little did I know states have official fish! Five claim the channel catfish!

Message 180 of 277
latest reply