cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay's Believe It or Not, Tales From the Field!

The Part Timers Forum used to have an on-going thread about posts that were odd/funny/stooopid/contained weird CS answers ~ or just generally considered silly or outrageous.  The OP of the thread was "the medic", so while the PT group is still kickin', I thought it would be fun to start another similar thread.

Readers, if you run across a post, comment, feedback, etc., that is "off the beaten path", please add it to this thread.  I read the community almost every day and will contribute when something catches my eye. Just something to break up the boredom of listing, revising, answering questions, and working around the eBay listing glitches Smiley Surprised ~ or waiting for something to sell Smiley SurprisedSmiley SadSmiley Surprised

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 1 of 277
latest reply
276 REPLIES 276

Yeah, well it looked like a mini delight to me.

and, uh, that is an asian pear I believe 🙂

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 136 of 277
latest reply

Not a tale so much, not about anyone who posts here (don't get paranoid, it will destroy ya), but have you ever noticed a long time responder seemingly posting erroneous information, in what seems like an effort to either a) get a rise out of people or b) perhaps testing the waters in an effort to see if anyone is reading their posts?

·•❖•· the wolf you feed wins ·•❖•·
Message 137 of 277
latest reply

Savanna, I've seen quite a few of those lately from IDs that are very familiar.

It's almost as if the poster (s) have been hijacked or have alzheimers:( The writing style seems to be different on some of the posts... and the smarmy apologies don't jibe either 😞
penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 138 of 277
latest reply

Well, call me slow, but I have no clue about either one....will have to pay more attention ~ oh, and up-thread, slow again, as I have no idea what a "mini delight" is, but I am pretty sure that if the picture is indeed, an "Asian pear", it would be of the Kim Kardashian variety! Smiley Happy

OK, back to "mind in the gutter a la, Pam" funny threads ~ saw a post with this title the other day:

Search dolls for life size sex dolls Smiley Surprised

Message 139 of 277
latest reply

@hidy-hoo wrote:

Image result for sexy vegetables

I can't figure out how to respond to this picture, honestly....

Nice melon you got there hidy!!    probably an inapropriate response, is it a melon anyway?.....Smiley Indifferent

Nice pear you got there hidy!!!      probably not a good idea either.., Smiley Surprised...Smiley Indifferent

nevermind.

Message 140 of 277
latest reply

Thank you, penguins. I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice this. Pod people, body snatchers?

Message 141 of 277
latest reply

Or, just maybe ... the "amnesty" is backfiring ... someone who was a valued poster here got sent on a permanent vacation and when they got the notice that they were "forgiven" decided to play havoc with the boards because "why not" 😞

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 142 of 277
latest reply

@savanna.dance wrote:
Thank you, penguins. I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice this. Pod people, body snatchers?

Why do always have to mention Alan and the new team in your posts Savanna? BTW, I'm pointing at your post with my mouth open screeching.

Disclaimer: Statements may contain satire and sarcasm and should be considered nothing more than an attempt at humor. Any useful information is purely coincidence.
Message 143 of 277
latest reply

@dorskinny wrote:

@hidy-hoo wrote:

I can't figure out how to respond to this picture, honestly....

Nice melon you got there hidy!!    probably an inapropriate response, is it a melon anyway?.....Smiley Indifferent

Nice pear you got there hidy!!!      probably not a good idea either.., Smiley Surprised...Smiley Indifferent

nevermind.

ummm, I have a feeling that I might be the butt of a joke, no?  laughing emo.gif

Message 144 of 277
latest reply

@dorskinny wrote:

@hidy-hoo wrote:

is that Smiley Virus??? OK, I'll play... it's kinda like, Where's Waldo,... but it's, Where's Smiley Virus.
This is gonna be bigger than the Wordgame...
Message 145 of 277
latest reply

Excuse the cynic in me, but I'm prepared for joy, alright.  The joy of false SNAD, the joy of beating ebay's shipping deadlines during a blizzard.

The joy of sales on 12/23 accompanied by the "This is a Christmas gift, please ship it to this address instead" note.

The joy of holiday party rentals.  Every time I land on the board page & see this, I shiver a little bit.

prepare 2.jpg

Message 146 of 277
latest reply

Message from eBay regarding item on my watch list:

Subject: The auction for (item title here) ends soon!

Open message: Sorry, this auction has ended.

Time sent: 1 min ago

Seriously??

Message 147 of 277
latest reply

@ecwolf Welcome to the PTers board!! It's always nice to see a friendly new face around here (though some of us do know you from the Selling board already). Please consider joining us on the very fun word game (sticky post). I have to warn you that with the pages loading so slowly it's become a bit of a train wreck with multiple posters posting at the same time - but, personally, I find that makes it both funny and interesting. Robot Very Happy

And take a look around because we have plenty of fun on-going threads in this group (home).

Regarding your post about the holidays, I am really hoping for a boost in traffic and sales, but I agree that the crazy demands by certain buyers are not my favorite part... Here's to hoping we all have a holiday sales season that is fruitful and smoooooth sailing.

Message 148 of 277
latest reply

eBay holiday DAZE shopping ... Why do I have to wait until the estimated delivery date to file an item not received? I paid for my item 30 nano seconds ago, when will it arrive? I bought green, but wanted red, can the seller send red instead? ETC

I had lady scream at me on the boards last year because she purchased a widget on eBay, then saw a local store had it for cheaper and wanted to know why she had to wait until the estimated delivery date to get a refund. ::Sigh::

Message 149 of 277
latest reply

Buyer wanting items (books/mags) to be deemed not as described by eBay if he found the price and/or rarity and/or desirability so irresistible he can't take the time to read the item description, before buying. What? 😱 😵 😖 😨 😠

OMGosh, I'm a huge buyer advocate, but this so ridiculous, that the word ridiculous is an adequate descriptor ... gigantis ridiculosity.

Message 150 of 277
latest reply