cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay fees are getting too expensive!!!

maddog1273
Adventurer
I just sold a few items and noticed eBay took 12% of my total....Plus PayPal (Who is owned by eBay) took another 3%......
This is ridiculous!!!!
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

Is there any way to get these fees lowered for future listings. Like starting a store OR am I doing something wrong????

Any suggestions would be appreciated.....
Message 1 of 438
latest reply
437 REPLIES 437

Good Morning to you as well B-) FYI - They did give 50 free auction listings when I started and said it was an option each month not a one time thing. This is something that got me to sell here 😞 Now it I realize it was just a scam tactic! Shame on eBay!

Message 91 of 438
latest reply

So I went to the "Tell us what you think" and sent this in;

"FYI - eBay you need to care more for your sellers than you do! It is getting very obvious how little you do care for the sellers here vs your % you stick us with:( not to mention the changes in rules on feeback for the sellers! All you need to do is look at your own forum to see the faults you are making. Otherwise, Looking into the future eBay will become a buyers site without sellers one day soon 😞 P.S. Where did the 50 FREE auction listing each month go? I have been charged each month for these and I am NOT happy to say the least!"

Now to wait one month to see if changes will be made towards the issues here that have been posted and should be listened to! After this month my store may just close it's doors if eBay is not going to do anything about the SELLERS options ASAP!!

Message 92 of 438
latest reply

Back at-cha Griz! I think you may be confused.:O While eBay has given stores an occasional free-be the 50 free listings per month have been for non-store owners as far as I remember. 

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 93 of 438
latest reply

"..Now to wait one month to see if changes will be made towards the issues here that have been posted"

Not gonna hold my breath on that one....! :^O

but...

what I will do is............................;-)

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 94 of 438
latest reply

" SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHH !!!!

SK, strikes again.....

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 95 of 438
latest reply

animepix
Enthusiast

um hi first post 😛 just throwing my little complaint ya fees are high and all that but i get annoyed at the shipping fee they charge on the sale, wtf? if i send via flat rate box, i am not charging more then that, their should be NO fees on the shipping price, ya i know people raise the shipping to get more money but if you put FLAT RATE as your shipping option ebay shouldnt charge any fees associated with that because its a fricking FLAT RATE!!!! get a clue, jeeze, im tired of having to pay fees. eps on the shipping. i sold something a few weeks back and i only made 10 cents. sure it woulda been like 15 cents if the shipping fee wasnt there but thats 5 cents in my pocket, i coulda gone to a show and taken my girl too 😞

Message 96 of 438
latest reply

Read the e bay Cafe board and see all of the complaints on the e bay and pay pal fees.

As to lowering the fees it is simple.

Stop selling on e bay and taking pay pal for payments.

Use your local flea markets and any kind of shows that pertains ti the type of items that you sell.

Use other web sites that do not charge you a fee on listing or the selling price or the shipping charge that you put in your listing.

Also look out for some of the people who post on here and  all of the other boards, they are e bay and pay pal employees.

Yes some of them will show that they have a feedback, but if you look at their items it is always the same  and if you go into completed items they never show up that these e bay and pay pal employees items sold.

Message 97 of 438
latest reply

Also look out for some of the people who post on here and  all of the other boards, they are e bay and pay pal employees.

Yes some of them will show that they have a feedback, but if you look at their items it is always the same  and if you go into completed items they never show up that these e bay and pay pal employees items sold.

Morning DrToys and welcome to The Part Timers Forum.

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/topic/Ebay-Chat/Who-Are-You/5100076522

Many have accused me of being an eBay Shill, wadda you think?;-)

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 98 of 438
latest reply

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker

Many have accused me of being an eBay Shill, wadda you think?;-)  

The Salem Trials do spring to mind...

Funny how some assume, that if someone

knows more than they do, that person must

be a Shill, or deceptive, or just plain evil. :^O

Message 99 of 438
latest reply

.Hey! Leave my family outta dis!

Message 100 of 438
latest reply

animepix
Enthusiast

you didnt welcome to me to the forums ;(

Message 101 of 438
latest reply

kali-the-pup
Thrill-Seeker

.Hey! Leave my family outta dis!

Honda, this is not about family, it is about you

and there is undeniable proof... 😮 😉 ?:| 😛 :^O

Do you deny having a cauldron in your backyard?

Do you deny cooking innocent dogs on it?

Do you deny having mystical talismans of your front lawn?

Message 102 of 438
latest reply

k_coyotee
Enthusiast

I understand some of your logic, although this is an internet site (not a auction structure as you mentioned). Ebay may be exposing sellers to more people,  but they are equally exposed to more paying clients to list than a turn key auction house...Ebay was not like this when it began and has evolved in how it obtains its fees...Total fees are getting a bit much..

Ebay insertion fee

Ebay sale percentage fee

Ebay extra photos fee or other presentation fees

PayPal fee

Packagiing fee

Then shipping fee if you offer it.

Craigslist: Free

I am not saying some fees are not warranted, although the percentages are high..

Message 103 of 438
latest reply

There are no fees for extra photos anymore.

The fees CAN be high, or they can be reasonable.  It depends on what you sell, how you personally manage your fees and your business model.

For heavy, bulky and very expensive items... say a piano, Craigslist is a much better option.

I usually sell athletic clothing.  They easy to store, cheap & easy to ship, and because I am a personal trainer in real life, I know what people like to wear while in the gym or doing sports.  I also have good sources for my items.  I ALWAYS figure in the fees when I price and I am doing very well.  

If I can't make a good profit, INCLUDING FEES, I don't sell the item.  It really is that simple.

Let's be honest, nobody wants to pay fees.  It seems unfair somehow, so I get that.  But eBay isn't a charity.  They have shareholders and their job is to squeeze every dime for them.  The faster you understand that, the better you can build a business model that can work with that.

If you can't make it work, then perhaps it's not for you. 

Message 104 of 438
latest reply

eBay is like dealing with the government. HEY...eBAY! LOWER YOUR FRIGGEN FEES. I used to not charge the people for shipping, but now I do. Just to offset your HIGH fees!!!!

I have been using Craigslist more and more. I think more and more people will start to get away from eBay, which is a shame. They are doing it to themselves.

Message 105 of 438
latest reply