cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay fees are getting too expensive!!!

maddog1273
Adventurer
I just sold a few items and noticed eBay took 12% of my total....Plus PayPal (Who is owned by eBay) took another 3%......
This is ridiculous!!!!
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

Is there any way to get these fees lowered for future listings. Like starting a store OR am I doing something wrong????

Any suggestions would be appreciated.....
Message 1 of 438
latest reply
437 REPLIES 437

Re: eBay fees are getting too expensive!!!

Indeed, just sold my bass guitar for $2000,    $200 to ebay, $58.30 for Paypal (an ebay company) and another $50 to ship , because I offered free shipping , because if I had charge for shipping Ebay would have taken 10% of that as well, because they don't trust people to offer fair shipping costs , so all other Ebay members must pay for it, which further lines the pockets of Ebay.

A member since 1999, I think I will start using Reverb and Craig's List , Ebay you are far too greedy , you have great exposure but at an unfair price

Message 331 of 438
latest reply

Overhead is one thing....overpriced overhead for what they have provided me as a seller (which has been poor service lately) at a high percentage of the final value, is not equitable.

Message 332 of 438
latest reply

I have been a member since ebay started. I just sold 4 $70.00 items today, and after I received the bill, ebay got 25%. I really don't see how anyone is profiting here besides ebay!

Message 333 of 438
latest reply

BTW, won't be paying 13% to ebay and Paypal and 12% to the post office for the priveledge of profiting on my deal again...

Message 334 of 438
latest reply

I too am apalled at how expensive things have gotten.  This is outragious. I'm going to be limiting all my ebay usage from now on.

Message 335 of 438
latest reply

Ebay is forgetting who made them rich, **bleep** on them at 10%.

Message 336 of 438
latest reply

I have no idea why EBay has to be soooo darn expensive to buy anything from their site. As soon as I pay off my card with them I'm going somwhere else.

Message 337 of 438
latest reply

I've been wanting to start selling a few items on here to see if it's for me. I've been reading about these charges. I'm now more confused than ever. I cannot find anything that gets what u would call 'down & dirty' but I've got so many questions.
Can anyone mentor me & help me 2 c if I can make it on here? I'm homebound severely limited on being able to get out due to an accident. I hate having to depend on Social Security Disability Check to live. Much appreciation ahead of time!!!!
Message 338 of 438
latest reply

Stay away!.. Thats my advice to you. If you want to buy something, sure, ebay is great place for that, but as a seller - BEWARE!.. eBay is only in it for themselves.. So again - Stay away!
Message 339 of 438
latest reply

Yes I agree, was shocked that they were at 10% plus listing, haven;t sold anything for ages but this is ridiculous

Message 340 of 438
latest reply

miles to expensive looking for else where to sell my bill last mouth for ebay selling was a fortune

Message 341 of 438
latest reply

YEP TOO **bleep** EXPENSIVE. IM DONE SELLING. THEY WILL BE LAST RESORT. ILL STICK TO CRAIGSLIST.
Message 342 of 438
latest reply

... doesn't craigslist have a forum you could post to... why complain here on the PT Forum, if you sell elsewhere question.gif

you can't be a little bit pregnant...if you're gone... then do us all a favor and be gone. Happy Trails, to you... la-di-da-di-da...

Message 343 of 438
latest reply

Ebay is getting out of hand with its fees and I think I might be done selling on Ebay. I just sold a pair of kobes and jordans and I was charged $34. Thats crazy!!! There has to be a better way to help the sellers save money or a way to guide with how to ship the cost effective way. Everytime I go to the post office to ship they tell me I could of shipped it cheaper. I just follow what Ebay says and ship according to what they reccomend what happens to be expensive. I just wish there was a max on how much Ebay can charge you for each transaction because $34 for two pairs of shoes is too much!!!!

Message 344 of 438
latest reply

The people on these boards possess a wealth of knowledge. Instead of complaining that ebay doesn't tell you the best way to ship, ask for help here. BTW, fees haven't changed in almost five year.
Message 345 of 438
latest reply