cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay fees are getting too expensive!!!

maddog1273
Adventurer
I just sold a few items and noticed eBay took 12% of my total....Plus PayPal (Who is owned by eBay) took another 3%......
This is ridiculous!!!!
http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/fees.html

Is there any way to get these fees lowered for future listings. Like starting a store OR am I doing something wrong????

Any suggestions would be appreciated.....
Message 1 of 438
latest reply
437 REPLIES 437

Re: eBay fees are getting too expensive!!!

zauctions.co.uk

Message 286 of 438
latest reply

I just got yet ANOTHER OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive eBay invoice!!!!

I've been a member since 1999!!  I'm actively looking for alternatives.

WAAAAY TOO EXPENSIVE!! 

Message 287 of 438
latest reply

Hi,

Try using zauctions.co.uk alongside eBay.

It's free for all 2015!!!

NO FEES WHAT SO EVER!!!

Message 288 of 438
latest reply

I won't be selling anything else on ebay. I have to agree the fee's are horendous. I have been a member since 1999 and I have never seen fee's like this. I just sold an item for $415 and ebay took $41.00 plus a paypal fee of $15. Absolutely ridiculous. Not worth it anymore and I will be sure to tell others not to sell here. I use craigslist

Message 289 of 438
latest reply

Right! eBay is trying hard to minimize what it looks like a MASS. my seller canceled item after 5days without notice but I can not leave a feedback. My biider did not pay but I could not leave a feedback. eBay block the chance to eBayers to leave negative feedback that will make eBay look uglier. but here it is, eBay loose customers one by one. They were on the seller side when they established eBay and did nothing for the scaamed buyers so they lost buyers and credit. now they do nothing for MF's who claim as they did not receive the item even though they did, that sellers had to refund money and lose their item. Now ebay is losing seller. I would never comeback to ebay. eBay is registering their name in the Stupid CEOs Club among the Daimler Chrysler OFFICAIALLY. This is totally lack of inovation and mis management and don't understand this as me as another CEO. eBay is tottally losing both parts.
Message 290 of 438
latest reply

Agree, all getting too expensive and when there is a problem impossible to contact anyone, and when you do,  it is some one in a foriegn country your talking 

to, they make it difficult to even discuss problems or issues.

PS their latest news 9 Billion dollars revenue, you can imagine the profit this is ebay only , no wonder everyone wnats to be a CEO there

@hosanna417 wrote:
Right! eBay is trying hard to minimize what it looks like a MASS. my seller canceled item after 5days without notice but I can not leave a feedback. My biider did not pay but I could not leave a feedback. eBay block the chance to eBayers to leave negative feedback that will make eBay look uglier. but here it is, eBay loose customers one by one. They were on the seller side when they established eBay and did nothing for the scaamed buyers so they lost buyers and credit. now they do nothing for MF's who claim as they did not receive the item even though they did, that sellers had to refund money and lose their item. Now ebay is losing seller. I would never comeback to ebay. eBay is registering their name in the Stupid CEOs Club among the Daimler Chrysler OFFICAIALLY. This is totally lack of inovation and mis management and don't understand this as me as another CEO. eBay is tottally losing both parts.

Message 291 of 438
latest reply

I know they are talking about the high cost of selling on eBay over at http://collectibletalk.com
Check out the eBay section of the forum.

Anyway, I know eBay has to make money too as with any business, but you would think they could lower their percentage down to say 6.5 or 7%. Wouldn't that still be enough to "keep the lights on" and still make a profit?

Message 292 of 438
latest reply

Amazon and Square have cheaper fees but hey. Also there's definitely cheaper transaction companies than PayPal. Just be glad that Apple does not own eBay because you would be paying 15 to 20 percent. Corporate greed will always be here. Always proving why there needs to be more choices and why no American company should be allowed to get too big. Without "real" competition they have no choice but to turn to their greedy/dark/evil nature all in the name of owning more stuff 😉
Message 293 of 438
latest reply

Agree 100%! I was looking into selling some collectable stamps that are only worth $1.50 each and each listing would cost me .30 to heck with that!
Message 294 of 438
latest reply

Shocked and disgusted at fees cost....looking at alternatives...#leaving ebay as soon as!!

Message 295 of 438
latest reply

webstore.com      ZERO FEES !!!

Message 296 of 438
latest reply

webstore.com   ZERO FEES !!!

Message 297 of 438
latest reply

webstore.com   ZERO SALES !!!

Message 298 of 438
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

eBay traffic Global rank 19th

U.S.A.  rank  7th 

Daily Pageviews per Visitor

13.66 + 2.10%

Daily Time on Site
13:14 + 1.00%

For internet traffic information - www.alexa.com

Message 299 of 438
latest reply

@4shizy33 wrote:
Amazon and Square have cheaper fees but hey. Also there's definitely cheaper transaction companies than PayPal. Just be glad that Apple does not own eBay because you would be paying 15 to 20 percent. Corporate greed will always be here. Always proving why there needs to be more choices and why no American company should be allowed to get too big. Without "real" competition they have no choice but to turn to their greedy/dark/evil nature all in the name of owning more stuff 😉

Amazon is worst! Do not sell through them. The fees are high and the rules are ridiculous. Word out on Alibaba's new portal. They already have LOTS of registered buyers and sellers, more than Ebay and Amazon combined. This should take care of business for all of us. Patience........

Message 300 of 438
latest reply