cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ching ching is missing from Phone

Ok I was wondering if anyone can help me out here. I use to hear alerts on my cell phone when an item sold. Now I receive nothing. I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

I know that some are thinking its because there are no sells on ebay but that not it for me I'm selling a few items to know that its not working.  

I hope that I can start receiving them again.

Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

I had the same problem like yours and tried to figure out for many days but no success. Called Ebay tech support and they do not know and can not help you since they are not able to answer that question. However, I found a fix for my samsung S4 and it might help you. In my case, I installed new theme and after that there is no more ca-ching sound and right after couple days I decide to go back to original theme and it works again ( ca-ching sound ). So for some reasons, some adroid themes cause problem in background affecting push notifications ?? So in your case, I think you should go back and uninstall any apps or theme before it happens to see if it can fix the problem.

Message 31 of 94
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
I did the upgrade and still do not have the notification sound my phone is a 5c not sure if that matters or not can some one offer a fix . I tried deleting and reinstall and I got nothing thank you
Message 32 of 94
latest reply

Can you do the same with the LG smart phone?

Message 33 of 94
latest reply

Click on the link and scroll down to "Need Help?"
Click on > Get Help <

eBay Mobile
http://mobile.ebay.com/

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 34 of 94
latest reply

NO, I don't have an iphone and I don't care for one either....sorry, not an Apple fan.  Anyway, I had an Android and had my cha ching, then it got dropped in the toilet and I thought oh, let's try this Windows phone...HA!....no more cha ching.  Does anyone have a Windows phone who knows if I can get my cha chings back?  I am willing to go back to Android just for the cha chings, if nothing else. LOL

Thank you.

Message 35 of 94
latest reply

I figured it out at least on my phone. Go to the play store and type in EBay. If you go into notifications, hit seller. If you hit default, it turns out it's the ka-ching! Happy selling my fellow EBay sellers!
Message 36 of 94
latest reply

I forgot to mention when you hit seller in the notifications, if you have a droid hit the defult. That's the ka-ching.
Message 37 of 94
latest reply

OMG!!!

It took me over a hour to fix this.

Search out others having the problem on Google and in the eBay forum.

Read all the feedback.

Uninstall the app... reinstall the app then drill down to the noticication settings.

My cha ching seem to be back.

Select default for each one unless you want something different.

Message 38 of 94
latest reply

Hi,

I just upgraded from the Iphone 4 to the Samsung Galaxy s5. I get the cha ching wonderfully when I sell, but it cha chings when someone eBay messages me too. I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the individual settings. Anyone can help I would be greatful.

Message 39 of 94
latest reply

@jeweloftheheart wrote:

Hi,

I just upgraded from the Iphone 4 to the Samsung Galaxy s5. I get the cha ching wonderfully when I sell, but it cha chings when someone eBay messages me too. I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the individual settings. Anyone can help I would be greatful.

@jeweloftheheart 

Open the App

Settings (the left-hand bottom of the phone "menu" -- opposite of the "back" button)

Notifications

Selling

choose which notifications you want to recieve or not receive.

I have all turned off besides "Bid Received", "Best Offer Received", and "Sold"

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom. ~ Sir Terry Pratchett
Message 40 of 94
latest reply

Hi,

Thank you for the tip. I already knew this. The probem is I don't see the option to allow my messages from eBayer's to come in as a different notification sound. It comes in with the same sound as when I sell something "cha ching". iPhone allowed separate notification sounds. I had a different sound for messages as well as when an item is paid for. Every notification I get (sold, best offer, messages, item paid for, etc.) sounds like I sold something (cha ching). Grrrrrrr.

Message 41 of 94
latest reply

Under the settings - Notifications - Customize Sounds

There is an option to have a different sound for "General Notifications" (including messages) and then "Buying" and "Selling"

So you can at least change your message sound and your buying notifications to be different from your selling.

Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom. ~ Sir Terry Pratchett
Message 42 of 94
latest reply

I have tried the Cha Ching reset and it didn't work! I have a iPhone 6 plus and I have lost my Cha Ching when I get a bid. Can you teach me how to do the 3.0 version. Or is there something else I can do with my iPhone 6 plus. Thanks! Brad
Message 43 of 94
latest reply

Thanks, easy fix, works now! (Droid X)
Message 44 of 94
latest reply

Go to settings. Click notifications. Click customize sounds. click selling then click default notification. That is the cha ching! It wasn't listed as an actual sound.

Message 45 of 94
latest reply