cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anybody else having low "views"or is it just me???

shlbele
Enthusiast

HI,  my recent listings/relistings for a couple of months now, really haven't had more than 7 views. . Are there any buyers here? Is it that way for anybody else? Are my write ups bad? Thought it might be my negative feedback of 10 years ago. Just looking for some thoughts or advise. Thank you so much

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Get rid of your No Returns policy.

Try listing more items.

Try listing items that folks actually are looking for.

An animal blanket and some lube.......I'm just not seeing high demand for those items.

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 2 of 30
latest reply

Many people report the same issues.Ok list in electronics might bring more views,but lets be realistic ,the search engine sucks.Buyers and sellers alike our fed up.My heart goes out to the ones who sell here for their bread and butter.

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

beed777
Enthusiast

It is like a ghost town around here lately...no one looking, bidding or listing much at all.  I hope it doesnt' last too long .

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

I feel your pain but I have to agree with Komo's point on selling what people are looking for. And that can vary greatly with time of year, consumer demand, all kinds of factors. 

My partner deals with the "Robots" side of Rags and Robots and his electronics sell like hotcakes. On the other hand, my sewing related items and beauty supplies have had very little interest as of late which is frustrating to me. But come Mother's Day, the demand for the sewing items increases. 

List more things, but before you do look through the completed listings to see how much similar items have sold for and how much interest there has been. Good luck to you!

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

you are allowed what is it 80? letters in the title, use them all, the more you use the more you might match someones search.  Biodegradable, food safe.

You also get 50 free listing a month  USE THEM- find things around the house to sell, go to thrift stores find $1 items to sell, if just to raise your feedback score. Then you work on getting top rated.

Then use the inserts on your listing form and use the "see sellers other items" a link to your other items from a listing.

You will experience highs and lows here. its just how it goes, it takes a while to find you niche.  When I started out I was selling things I got from people I'd help move into assisted living and get a percentage of the sale.  Now I make and sell miniatures, which i absolutely love to do.  I also like find things I can resell, what started out as a little side thing, has turned into a little business which someday may be a big business.  In my heart tho, I will always be a phartie!

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

You have had this account for 13 years and resurrected this account from the grave. These are the kinds of accounts that scream scammer! Im sorry but I would not view your items either once I noticed you have only 4 feedback, 0%, and an active/inactive member since 2000 with 2 non-pay negs.

Start a new account.

My views are very high right now on all my accounts...and my sales were pretty good in the last 2-3 weeks.

The other advice above is spot-on....and I suggest you take it...but not on this account.

It's not about the negs from 2 years ago...it's about the fact you haven't established yourself as an active member.

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

you got two problems.

you're account looks flaky at best and the search engine blows.

Ignorance is bliss
Message 8 of 30
latest reply

Getting good views on high value items in "buy it now" up to a thousand a month with many watchers waiting for "send to auction" .99 cents. My view count on stuff that sells is about normal, all the nickel dime items that are worth about a nickel or dime. I only have the one account but the fear of shill bidding by buyers is obvious when all my sales are in the last 8 seconds. The new feature "number of bids" really cracks me up; been selling for years and never had 25 to 57 bids on an item. Searched carved jade, nearest first, and got the spring wardrobe for lady's and 100 red pigs and yellow plastic figures?

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

I'm not confident that the search engine or the listings pages are working properly either.

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

you got two problems.

you're account looks flaky at best and the search engine blows.

The second half accounting for a more significant portion of the problem...  you (or any other buyer) can't decide if an account or listing looks flaky if you CAN'T FIND IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. 

I've watched hits and watchers very carefully and as some have decribed, things seem to go in waves, as though there's a switch somewhere turning listings "on" and then "off" from view.  I use a search method that is a bit different and SHOULD in theory always bring up everything in a way meaningful to me (NOT "worst match ever"!). 

I've had blank pages returned, I've seen listings "disappear" and reappear (things I was watching specifically, so I could still find them in my watch list, but not in search!)... the other day I got what could only be described as a "garbage return", with nothing I was looking for, and lots of "related" stuff I wasn't looking for... a refresh "fixed" it, but more and more the search engine is returning strange results... there's something wrong in the plumbing, and it's kiling the ability of buyers to find what they are looking for!

EBay is enhancing the "buyer experience" so much, methinks they are driving the buyers "anywhere but here"! 

Message 11 of 30
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ebay has close to 200 million listings now....go figure and happy searching

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

Ebay has close to 200 million listings now....go figure and happy searching

And since quite a bit of it (despite the eBay "prohibition" on duplicate listings) is in fact DUPLICATES by Chinese sellers, and large quantities of useless cheap CARP, 200 bazillion wouldn't matter...

In the categories I watch, with a refined search technique that pretty much eliminates their "brilliant" algorithms, the actual "good stuff" listed is less and less...

The question is if eBay had 200 bazillion listings for stuff nobody wants, would anyone want to bother to dig through all that garbage to find the one or two gems???

AND the more critical question is if their "brilliant" search algorithms couldn't find those gems AT ALL, how is the average buyer supposed to find them under all the "garbage returns" you get from "worst match"?   Not everyone wants to "dump dive" to find the good stuff!  Certainly not the "get it now" buyer eBay is a courtin'!

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

I've had blank pages returned, I've seen listings "disappear" and reappear (things I was watching specifically, so I could still find them in my watch list, but not in search!)... the other day I got what could only be described as a "garbage return", with nothing I was looking for, and lots of "related" stuff I wasn't looking for... a refresh "fixed" it, but more and more the search engine is returning strange results... there's something wrong in the plumbing, and it's kiling the ability of buyers to find what they are looking for!

Thus the driving force behind the move to the newer Cassini search engine.  The surprising thing about searches is not that there are major problems but that it works even as well as it does.  I worked for a few years with a large, complex system that had databases scattered over multiple servers and processing equally scattered and we had a hard time keeping things up to date even with the best hardware and software available at the time.  In fact, we often had issues similar to what we (as sellers & buyers) see with Ebay.

Our system was about as complex as a good multi-speed bicycle while Ebay's is more like a team of NASCAR autos.  I'm more than a little in awe that it works at all even though I do have my bursts of anger that they don't do better and do it faster.

Cassini is expected to return roughly 200 of the most relevant search results as compared to the number we see today.  It will be looking at a hugely larger number of snippets of info that today's searches do to include not only how a title matches your search but also how the listing content matches, how the content ranks on a perfect to horrible basis (including returns policy and how the description ranks on something like a "fog index", how sellers rank on a perfect to horrible basis, and some other criteria they probably will not be sharing with us.

This should be the end of listing fees (how can they charge you for a listing that may never be found by anyone), of DSR scores (not needed when they can use seller history, feedback comment contents, actual description quality, shipping performance, etc.), and hopefully of some other annoyances sellers face every day.

Not utopia by any means but hopefully a better place for us to sell and for buyers to buy.

Newt
“Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country and giving it to the rich people of a poor country”. Ron Paul
Message 14 of 30
latest reply

Having same issues, I get about 7 to 10 views maybe 1 watchers. By the time the sale ends nothing happens. I then check other areas where large companies are selling dirt cheap comics, cards, action figures.etc  and bamb I'm selling to high. How can that be. I've been collecting for 40 years and I have comics that old but I'm asking tooooo much for them. It's not me it's the wonderful economy that we are stuck in. I'm not going to sell a comic for

$5.00 (worth 10 times that) and pick up the postage also. These comic shops and companies are running ebay and running the part time ebay seller out. I guess all anyone can do is keep your collection and try and wait it out for better times ahead. So to answer your question, yep I'm having the same issue here also..   Be  C-ing  U.   SPDRWB52 

Message 15 of 30
latest reply