cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Happening to Ebay??

nateowens1
Enthusiast
I can't believe what is happening to Ebay, this site was once a god send for entrepreneurs and people strapped for cash and they are nothing now but overpriced corporate bullies, I mean seriously, what is going on at these strategy meetings up there with Ebays to dogs. I have never seen a business try so hard to completely destroy their brand, screw their base and murder their business. The stuff they are pulling with the DSR's and limiting small seller accounts and fees on shipping and putting holds on peoples money is just crazy, they are nothing but big bullies. Think about it, they are destroying so many peoples businesses and for many in this economy, an only source for cash. what kind of people do that? Its really sad, I know for me this was such an important source of cash, I lost my job and because of a few bad buyers that Ebay now chooses to protect my family is quickly going under, I wish someone up top would take a few and reflect on the pain they are causing so many, especially in these very hard times. I have come to realize that Ebay is a dying business, you cant deny it, look at their stock over the last 2 years, look at their business practices, some that I am pretty sure are not even legal like discrimination or allowing and encouraging buyer fraud. Yes Ebay is huge but believe me, they will fall. Just like when Google took out Yahoo or when Facebook slapped down My Space, its just a matter of time, and hopefully it will be sooner rather than latter, what they have become is sad and awful. After 11 years Im saying goodbye, and it actually hurts, this was important to me, for many years, and I put in alot of time and energy like so many others that Ebay is stepping all over now. Goodbye
Message 1 of 147
latest reply
146 REPLIES 146

Re: What is Happening to Ebay??

@chamber73

We can't look at your account, your feedback is set to "private" ...

Nobody here works at eBay, we are all just users just like you.

And 99.9% of the time, eBay sides with the buyer.

You said earlier that you told the seller that you were going to give them a negative ... how exactly did you word that??

It doesn't matter about any of the other stuff that you are talking about.

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 106 of 147
latest reply

You have 100% positive feedback because sellers can't give negs or neutrals. It's not an achievement. And I'm willing to bet that the feedback you've given out is quite revealing.
Message 107 of 147
latest reply

@nateowens1 wrote:
Just like when Google took out Yahoo

Google did not take down Yahoo, it is still going strong, I use it daily.  I do share your concern, though, eBay traffic is down, and it is down big-time, and has been for the better part of this year now.  Once in a while I'll get a day or two that it's like the heavens have opened up and it's like old times again, have a quick burst of several sales, and then BOOM, back to slow as molasses. 

Message 108 of 147
latest reply

Simple explanation, Ebay used to have a lot more seller, those sellers were also big buyer...this kept the traffic going. But has ebay decided to turn to big business; ebay did & still do, everything possible to get rid of smaller buyer in favor of big business advertisement, such has target, Walmart, etc... 

Less sellers, less buyers. Add one more problem... after shopping on ebay, most buyer after they realized walmart, Target, & other big store are on ebay; most buyer stop coming & shop directly on the web site of Target, Walmart...etc.. Sad to said; ebay though by having less & bigger sellers it would work, instead; all the small seller, stop selling & stop buying. Thnk about it; if a seller list everyday, he often shop everyday. If he sell only once a week, he shop less. If he stop selling...he stop comig to the site. 

Message 109 of 147
latest reply

Customer service useless now. Canceled an item , or attempted to, within 3 minutes of purchase and looks like I'm stuck paying 9.81 to ship it back after explaining to eBay several times. They 'agree' it's BS but say can't refund my shipping cost. Goodbye. Seller games are what's killed eBay. As soon as my last item arrives, account deleted. There are many many sites I can buy from, and none are eBay exclusive. And 70% of my items come shipped by Amazon Prime anyhow so eBay sellers doing it themselves. Many people should not be dealing with customers.... And to send all calls to people who don't speak English when I'm calling from the US? Bye bye. Amazon here I come. It's about respect for customers, not money.
Message 110 of 147
latest reply

Can't even load ebay these few days.. what 's

happened?

Message 111 of 147
latest reply

Ebay customer service and help was once very good. Whenever, I had a problem or concern they were attentive and understood and solved the problem.

Now, however, they have outsourced their customer service / help to another country. When I called about a recent problem I could barely understand them and they certainly could not understand me. It took multiple phone calls before I thought someone understood what I was talking about but they failed to solve a simple problem.

Message 112 of 147
latest reply

Ebay has a policy in place that enables scammers and fraudulent sellers to take advantage of buyers.

This just happened to me.

I bought a vehicle that was over 10 years old. But according to the description it was a one owner, accident/paint free in MINT condition. I talked to the seller at length and he assured me that the truck perfect. No previous paintwork in exceptional condition and that everything worked.

The seller was out of state so I did not go check it out first, which was my fault. I understand that this.

We agreed upon a price. We both use the same bank so I made a direct deposit into the seller’s account. Once he received payment I had the vehicle transported to my home.  It had obviously been in an accident. A very cheap repaint was done to cover up some of the cosmetic issues. The seller even took a can of spray paint to paint the underside of the car to cover up rust and other defects. The gauges did not even work. When I contacted the seller he refused to talk to me. My emails went unanswered. When I contacted Ebay they said there was nothing they could do about it because the truck was over 10 years old. The other reason Ebay said I had to pay through Paypal. I don’t know of anyone who would pay for a vehicle through Paypal. A buyer might make a deposit through Paypal but not the whole amount.

So Ebay said the only thing I could do was to leave negative feedback, which I did.

This is where it gets interesting and how Ebay enables these scammers to get away with cheating buyers.

After I left negative feedback the seller immediately filed a Unpaid item complaint against me with Ebay. By doing this all feedback between the buyer and seller gets erased. I called Ebay and explained that the Unpaid item complaint was false. They asked me to send them proof that I had paid. I went ahead and sent ebay the proof of payment with deposit slips and account numbers. After I did that they said there was still nothing they could do about it and that was their policy. I have to say the help people at ebay had trouble understanding what had happened. They kept telling me I needed to pay for the item, which of course I already did.

So ebay scammers out there have figured out how to avoid all negative feedback warning other buyers by simply claiming that they were never paid. Ebay’s own policy makes this possible and has enabled dishonest sellers to get away with it.

Message 113 of 147
latest reply

Would you mind letting me know the site that you moved to???

Message 114 of 147
latest reply

My sales over the last year is down 80-90%

This will be my last year here. 6 years of work lost.

O'Well Life goes on. 

Message 115 of 147
latest reply

Where?? 

Message 116 of 147
latest reply

2011 thread.

If you have a question, please start a new thread and we will help if we can.

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 117 of 147
latest reply

@loveyourimagination49 wrote:
2011 thread.

If you have a question, please start a new thread and we will help if we can.

They did.>Sales

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 118 of 147
latest reply

Well Said !!!
I have been doing ebay from 1998 and at one time made all my house flow $$ $140 a day every day.
Now $100 a week (maybe) And ebay removes items for Copyright reasons. Really?? Dale Earnhardt Co. called ebay and said " David is selling one of my hats on your site" STOP STOP HIM !!! Dickies also?
They kick off my items and there is 10000 of the same items for sell on THIS SITE. Right NOW
That's FAIR??? Really??
Now I am selling off item. To many items.. I'm Done... Goodbye.. Good Luck Ebayers...
Message 119 of 147
latest reply

You really really like this thread from 2011!  me too ~ brings back lots of good memories or the way we were!

Were your items new or used?  If you received a VERO complaint, the email will tell you WHY your item is being removed and will also give you information on how to reach the rights holder to plead your case for the ability to sell that item.

As for the all of the other listings selling the same thing ~ they just haven't been caught yet ~ and in closing I will wih you luck and say bye, bye!  

waving smiley.gif  

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 120 of 147
latest reply