cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Happening to Ebay??

nateowens1
Enthusiast
I can't believe what is happening to Ebay, this site was once a god send for entrepreneurs and people strapped for cash and they are nothing now but overpriced corporate bullies, I mean seriously, what is going on at these strategy meetings up there with Ebays to dogs. I have never seen a business try so hard to completely destroy their brand, screw their base and murder their business. The stuff they are pulling with the DSR's and limiting small seller accounts and fees on shipping and putting holds on peoples money is just crazy, they are nothing but big bullies. Think about it, they are destroying so many peoples businesses and for many in this economy, an only source for cash. what kind of people do that? Its really sad, I know for me this was such an important source of cash, I lost my job and because of a few bad buyers that Ebay now chooses to protect my family is quickly going under, I wish someone up top would take a few and reflect on the pain they are causing so many, especially in these very hard times. I have come to realize that Ebay is a dying business, you cant deny it, look at their stock over the last 2 years, look at their business practices, some that I am pretty sure are not even legal like discrimination or allowing and encouraging buyer fraud. Yes Ebay is huge but believe me, they will fall. Just like when Google took out Yahoo or when Facebook slapped down My Space, its just a matter of time, and hopefully it will be sooner rather than latter, what they have become is sad and awful. After 11 years Im saying goodbye, and it actually hurts, this was important to me, for many years, and I put in alot of time and energy like so many others that Ebay is stepping all over now. Goodbye
Message 1 of 147
latest reply
146 REPLIES 146

Re: What is Happening to Ebay??

@bronx-dog wrote:

nateowens wrote on April 21, 2013:

ebay is done

they will be gone by this time next year

See ya next year... :^O

Well, the year has passed.

Guess what??? We're still here.

See ya in another year.

Message 91 of 147
latest reply

What is Happening to Ebay??

It has gotten old and moldy and stale. 

old and moldy and stale

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Toy: 1996 Adamas 1881 ;  photo d3c27a4e-2de6-48e4-8a38-73242748826d_zpsbb3k8gvk.jpg
Message 92 of 147
latest reply

NEVER
Message 93 of 147
latest reply

u just responded to a post from May 2011........

Who will save the river valley , that's my drinking water.! "Moxy Fruvous"
Message 94 of 147
latest reply

It's too bad but it makes sense for them NOT to cater to the needs of sellers like me. Ebay always been nothing but a part-time hobby for me and back in the day, it was perfect for selling my way.

I like buying and selling vintage and Ebay used to be the perfect venue to sell from...not so much anymore.Like a yardsale, people want your stuff for nothing.It just doesn't pay most of the time to go through the steps to list not to sell or just to make a few bucks  on it.

I'm not complaining...as they say, it' is what it is now

Message 95 of 147
latest reply

I have heard all of this almost since I found eBay nearly two decades ago. What I don't get is why WS has languished with their clean layout  and full featured setup. But, surprise, brand recognition triumphs over absolutely everything else.

Message 96 of 147
latest reply

may i know what online store do you sell now? thanks

@maindames wrote:

eBay was once a great site for individual entrepreneurs to become financially stable and earn a living in this awful economy, and at the same time provide a buyer somewhere to shop for some of the best deals on unique hard to find items or anything they could think of.

Now If you look closely smaller or non corporate online stores/shops/individuals are getting snuffed out by the thousands everyday, while huge corporations are now taking over like walmart, autozone, gnc, bed bath & beyond, radio shack, best buy, etc... 

The Chinese are not exactly safe from these indefinite selling restrictions either as ebay is booting them off just as fast, but there is so many more of them that you'll still see a few here and few there for the next year. 

eBay led the public to believe that this was a dream place to build a career. Only now it's ruined many lives by stripping away financial income from families that have been indefinitely restricted after being loyal to this famous auction site, which has turned into a viscous monster circle of Internet internal fraud activity with conflicts of interest, and anti trust with owning Paypal. Let's not forget the fee's that have become outrageous. 

Let's face it, with NO SELLER, there is NO BUYER, and with that said NO BUSINESS. Many of the best sellers have already moved to other areas online. Bon anza, Web store, Est y, Am a zon, etc..   

eBay sadly is cutting their own nose off, and they won't see the negative impact they bestowed on themselves for a little while yet.

It's inevitable that this is the beginning of the end for the growing unpopularity of ebay, but on the bright side will be a huge gain for other online  selling sites without all the B.S. 

I've personally made the move to some other sites and honestly have made way more sales and doing amazingly better than I ever did on eBay. So thank you Feebay for indefinitely restricting my family's accounts as my business is now booming better than ever without your encouragement of buyers scamming sellers like us and ripping us off with your crazy fee's. ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Message 97 of 147
latest reply

try sending them a private message......

expecting an answer here from a 6 month old post..from a member who only posted one time  .is....well....................

It's never gonna happen !

Message 98 of 147
latest reply

like a dog with a bone.......

Message 99 of 147
latest reply

dONT tOuCH my BonE !!!!!

SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH !!!!!!!

SK

Message 100 of 147
latest reply

Nobody does it better!

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!
Message 101 of 147
latest reply

Did you know there is a guy on YouTube that is an EBay member and he is telling you how to lie and get you're feedback removed by saying the buyer exhorted you. I found out today after I received some VHS tapes with cat urine on them and EBay removed my negative feedback for customer because I told her I was going to leave her negative feedback. They don't use common sense anymore. Didn't look how I always leave positive feedback for my sellers and how I have 100% feedback because my sellers ways leave me great feedback. They believed a loser trailer park trash with 69 transaction history against my 970 positives with no negatives. Common sense? Maybe the old EBay.
Message 102 of 147
latest reply

@chamber73

1st. All buyer only accounts have 100% positive feedback. Sellers have not been able to leave anything but a green donut for a buyer since 2008.

2nd. If you told your seller that  "I'm going to neg you if xxxxx" then that is the very definition of feedback extortion.

That is one of the easiest negatives to get removed.

If you have a problem with a seller ... Never mention feedback or stars in your communication. Be polite and just say, "I am unhappy with this and want to return it."

If the item is not as described, and the seller is not cooperative, you open a case.

Feedback should be the LAST thing you do, and it should be based on the whole transaction, including a sellers response to a problem.

Feedback is NOT communication and should not be used as a weapon to make a seller give anything not mentioned in the listing (freee or discounted shipping, partial refund, etc).

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 103 of 147
latest reply

Yeah I have reluctant to switch to Amazon because they don't provide pictures of items but I'm done with EBay. If you would have seen the email this person sent me you would have flipped your lid. After the cat urine order, the seller promised me a shipping discount on the next order, I was already bidding on a second order when i received first batch of cat urine tapes. So I nicely accepted that idea. Plus, I left her positive feedback right away for the tapes that were ok. I received nothing from her. I didn't leave her any negative feedback. Before I completed bidding for the second order I asked her about 3 of the 20 tapes I purchased and she blatantly lied about them. They arrived exactly opposite of what she said. I proceeded to ask her for a refund and she flipped out and sent me a long threatening email. That's when I left negative feedback. My right. Seller had also promised me a bonus tape for my troubles and sent me a tape with the cover torn in half. Garbage. A visual of a trailer park with toothless Billy Bobs formed in my mind. Feedback extortion? Stupidest thing I've ever heard of. Did you know there is a video on YouTube telling people how to lie and claim extortion even when it's legit feedback? Check it out. It's some greasy loser basically telling other losers how to beat your feedback system. I believe in common sense. If I work at EBay, the first thing is do to resolve a case like this is look at the buyers feedback he leaves for others and also feedback he receives. You instead went with a dead beat seller with a 69 feedback rating that leaves no feedback for buyers and also waits 10 days before she ships out her items. I asked her why so long to get my items and she said " Sorry I was at work". That shouldn't be my problem. If you can't handle selling, don't do it. Look at my account and see how many items I purchased in a year. Over 500. Amazon will take me longer but I'm willing it's fine. eBay has its own problems. Soon, I'm sure they will change their policies back to taking care if the buyer and seller last.
Message 104 of 147
latest reply

eBay is a huge conglomerate mess. They hire lazy people who won't spend five minutes looking into an account. They make their decisions based on who calls in and complains first. It's very much true. They lost out on a at least $5000 a year from me. Stupid move. At least they have another seller who sells .99 cent DVDs. Small gain, huge loss.
Message 105 of 147
latest reply