cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is Happening to Ebay??

nateowens1
Enthusiast
I can't believe what is happening to Ebay, this site was once a god send for entrepreneurs and people strapped for cash and they are nothing now but overpriced corporate bullies, I mean seriously, what is going on at these strategy meetings up there with Ebays to dogs. I have never seen a business try so hard to completely destroy their brand, screw their base and murder their business. The stuff they are pulling with the DSR's and limiting small seller accounts and fees on shipping and putting holds on peoples money is just crazy, they are nothing but big bullies. Think about it, they are destroying so many peoples businesses and for many in this economy, an only source for cash. what kind of people do that? Its really sad, I know for me this was such an important source of cash, I lost my job and because of a few bad buyers that Ebay now chooses to protect my family is quickly going under, I wish someone up top would take a few and reflect on the pain they are causing so many, especially in these very hard times. I have come to realize that Ebay is a dying business, you cant deny it, look at their stock over the last 2 years, look at their business practices, some that I am pretty sure are not even legal like discrimination or allowing and encouraging buyer fraud. Yes Ebay is huge but believe me, they will fall. Just like when Google took out Yahoo or when Facebook slapped down My Space, its just a matter of time, and hopefully it will be sooner rather than latter, what they have become is sad and awful. After 11 years Im saying goodbye, and it actually hurts, this was important to me, for many years, and I put in alot of time and energy like so many others that Ebay is stepping all over now. Goodbye
Message 1 of 147
latest reply
146 REPLIES 146

Re: What is Happening to Ebay??

What NEW site did you move to, I too am done with ebay!

It seems that they only care about the buyers, so whaqt happens when there are no more sellers? I found an interesting link from an EBAY executive at a site that ebay will not let me post here (every time I try it gets flagged back to me. So if you take the time to read this and want some interesting reading you might try going to EBAY, then SUCKS then put a dot after those two words, and end it with a COM

Message 76 of 147
latest reply

OR maybe they are trying to hurt ebay like they have been hurt! I know that I just left ebay, due to their mishandling of two sales that ended up costing me over one thousand dollars, and the only reason that I am posting now, is to let sellers know that IF they ever do have a bad experience, EBAY will not help them one bit!  You say;   "I will never understand the need to go on a rant about how terrible ebay is.  If it sucks that bad why not spend that energy selling somewhere else"

I say a better question is; Why would YOU spend any energy on a post that does not AFFECT you one way or another???

Message 77 of 147
latest reply

how many people hang out in forums that do not concern them, and then waste their time writing in those forums?  NOW THAT IS WHAT I CALL PATHETIC! LOL

Message 78 of 147
latest reply

@w64308 wrote:

What NEW site did you move to, I too am done with ebay!

It seems that they only care about the buyers, so whaqt happens when there are no more sellers? I found an interesting link from an EBAY executive at a site that ebay will not let me post here (every time I try it gets flagged back to me. So if you take the time to read this and want some interesting reading you might try going to EBAY, then SUCKS then put a dot after those two words, and end it with a COM

^^^But you already did.^^^

So should I believe you and the eBay executive?

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Message 79 of 147
latest reply

They are trying to do it to everybody who they think does not comply with their so called "policy"

It is so sad - we are paying them to sell our stuff and they are dictating to you what you can and can not do - how very very sad
Message 80 of 147
latest reply

What are the best sites to sell other than ebay? I am trying to get away from ebay - hey are screwing everything and everybody and it's not the same any more 

Could you possibly direct me please - thanking you in advance

Yuri

Message 81 of 147
latest reply

Because it hurts. We remember the old ebay and enjoyed the success we had.
This morning I was thinking how I'm a Powerseller and TRS with good sales before May. Now everything has changed and I got an email telling me how to improve my sales! I was fine! So, like many sellers, I pulled my auctions and stepping back. I found a site to sell on and will continue to search for more. I'm sick of trying to live with an axe over my head!!
Message 82 of 147
latest reply

Just enjoy all the changes and pitfalls.
Message 83 of 147
latest reply

There is a site that is rated, by some online reviewers, as #2 to ebay.  I found it with a web search.  It is web, and then store and then put a dot with a com at the end of it.

Listing is free, stores are free.  Final value fees...I am not sure yet.

It seems little known but who knew about ebay when it first started.  People are just going to have to word of mouth advertise for other options and then go!

I try not to keep all of my eggs in one basket.

Message 84 of 147
latest reply

I agree.  I like ebay myself an believe it is the best option.  Every company has issues and ebay is one of those but we have to continue on.

Message 85 of 147
latest reply

if we could spread the word about web high store like the gospel there is no doubt it could get bigger.Problem is alot dont know about it esp. buyers.And thats a shame bc it could be so good.

Message 86 of 147
latest reply

I can not count the times I have heard someone talk about other sites and how they could be so good if they could get more people interested.  The truth being there is not enough commerce for them to really function with ebay alive,so all these other sites will flicker out or be below sub par with no reach in an ebay atmosphere.

Message 87 of 147
latest reply

I agree, even if it IS USED or ANTIQUE merchandise, eBay would rather be working with a large dealer than an individual. An individual can pretty much just quit selling or take a holiday whenever they want, a dealer is going to be a steady customer they can count on to continue selling, and probably less legal issues with the large dealer, too.

As a small seller I feel they are putting the screws to me, and if I go under then my merchandise will likely show up at a large dealers shop who eBay will get a lot more revenue from on a larger volume basis.IMHO.

Message 88 of 147
latest reply

Thats why other venues will eventually grow,its inevitable.Sellers are being purged at an alarming rate bc ebay doesnt need them.ebay is looking at the business end  of it meaning their shareholders.Big companies are the driving force (CHINA) behind their machine.They will tolerate us but the noose is short and our exposure is limited

Message 89 of 147
latest reply

eBay was once a great site for individual entrepreneurs to become financially stable and earn a living in this awful economy, and at the same time provide a buyer somewhere to shop for some of the best deals on unique hard to find items or anything they could think of.

Now If you look closely smaller or non corporate online stores/shops/individuals are getting snuffed out by the thousands everyday, while huge corporations are now taking over like walmart, autozone, gnc, bed bath & beyond, radio shack, best buy, etc... 

The Chinese are not exactly safe from these indefinite selling restrictions either as ebay is booting them off just as fast, but there is so many more of them that you'll still see a few here and few there for the next year. 

eBay led the public to believe that this was a dream place to build a career. Only now it's ruined many lives by stripping away financial income from families that have been indefinitely restricted after being loyal to this famous auction site, which has turned into a viscous monster circle of Internet internal fraud activity with conflicts of interest, and anti trust with owning Paypal. Let's not forget the fee's that have become outrageous. 

Let's face it, with NO SELLER, there is NO BUYER, and with that said NO BUSINESS. Many of the best sellers have already moved to other areas online. Bon anza, Web store, Est y, Am a zon, etc..   

eBay sadly is cutting their own nose off, and they won't see the negative impact they bestowed on themselves for a little while yet.

It's inevitable that this is the beginning of the end for the growing unpopularity of ebay, but on the bright side will be a huge gain for other online  selling sites without all the B.S. 

I've personally made the move to some other sites and honestly have made way more sales and doing amazingly better than I ever did on eBay. So thank you Feebay for indefinitely restricting my family's accounts as my business is now booming better than ever without your encouragement of buyers scamming sellers like us and ripping us off with your crazy fee's. ┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Message 90 of 147
latest reply