eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means?

in reply to djlolli1

Community Member

in reply to juzmoon
It's not their postal system that is horrible...it's our own US CUSTOMS DEPT. I ordered a painting from Luxembourg and it took 7 and a half months to get to me for the simple fact that after the ISC the package gets inspected by customs and the customs in pectin process can take 24 hrs to 90 days....this is literally the time from that a us customs agent told me. So it could take FOREVER
Community Member

in reply to jdurant85

I've been waiting since 11/23/15 and it is now 12/8/15. My package "passed through" the ISC on 11/23 and no tracking info since then. I just filed a claim today. **bleep** is going on and why isn't anyone doing anything about it?

Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo
DATE & TIME
STATUS OF ITEM

Inbound Into Customs

Your item is being processed by United States Customs.

November 27, 2015 , 11:54 pm

Processed Through Sort Facility

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

November 23, 2015 , 4:39 pm

Acceptance

THAILAND

Its already several days after my package reached ISC.....Right now I checked the information of "ISC NEW YORK NY", it brought me here...

Community Member

in reply to hidy-hoo

so much for my thread ending post.....maybe they should start a class action suit! laughing emo.gif

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!  winking fire flame photo: smile flame smiley_fire.gif

Community Member

in reply to jdurant85

WOW! Scary. I'm waiting for a package from the U.K. Hope and pray this sort of nightmare doesn't come true for me! This is a FIRST-RATE FEDERAL crime, last time I checked and is punishable with fines and up to (I think), 15 years in jail. This is much worse, for that matter, than going right up to someone's mailbox and simply taking their mail yet if one were to do that, they'd be (GUARANTEED) some MAJOR jailtime. My package has been sitting, or so the tracking info shows, for appx. four days in their **bleep** ISC sorting facility.

Community Member

in reply to jdurant85

This is not USPS ISC......this is eBay.....buyers and sellers just like you.........no one here can help you!

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!  winking fire flame photo: smile flame smiley_fire.gif

Community Member

in reply to ijustbuylaptoparts

By many of the accounts I have read, these are cases of fraud waste and abuse by the ISC Centers. To hold these mail items up for such a long period of time, with no explanation, or reasons after acceptance of payment to process mail articles in a timely manner and then not fulfill that obligation is fraudulent, and to permanently "lose" an item that is tracked, has to be nothing more then theft by someone at the ISC Centers. When the items description is clearly marked on the outside of the package, with someone who's looking for that item for theirselves, can simply place the item in a box set for local delivery and either that person or a partner takes it for themselves once outside the center. This has happened before at local POs so what's to stop it at these ISC Centers? That is two very large problems, they should become part of the discussion in fixing or abolishing the ISC Centers. Please don't dismiss these "rants" but look at the underlying issues behind them! Make the workers responsible for the packages sent through their "line"! If they get 500 letters/packages to sort and review with tracking numbers, then 500 should have gone to the next "check point", and so on until the items are delivered or handed off to the host country. If a package happens to disappear while going through their line, they must find it prior to going home or face an investigation into what happened to that item. Use of cameras would go a long way to keeping the items from finding the wrong home as well!

Community Member

in reply to djlolli1

There is currently a  theft ring in ISC NY. I am also waiting for a package, however I am losing all hopes of it clearing that place. I wish USPS would do something about this god aweful place. How many packages must be stolen before action is taken?

Community Member

in reply to juzmoon
My package was processed through the Hong Kong air mail center on November 21st; it just hit CS/JFK today and was pronounced "processed through" by 2:18

(Today is November 22nd)
Community Member

in reply to ozzfan84

Did anyone got their packages? How long you guy been waiting for? I have 11 days and couting. 

Community Member

in reply to juzmoon
Worst experience ever told me my package was going to PA when it was coming to me in NY
Community Member

in reply to rommel1013

Any updates?

Community Member

in reply to juzmoon

Mine was processed October 24, 2015 and still waiting.....  It's a lens adapter and was not able to use the camera for my daughters Holloween Parade Smiley Embarassed

DATE & TIME
STATUS OF ITEM
October 24, 2015 , 4:09 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

Your item has been processed through our sort facility in ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) at 4:09 pm on October 24, 2015.

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

October 21, 2015 , 9:51 pm

GUANGZHOU EMS, CHINA

October 20, 2015 , 5:26 pm

Acceptance

CHINA

Community Member

in reply to juzmoon

Update:

I contacted USPS about my package being stuck at NY  ISC the other day and they said the sender had to fill out an international inquiry. I contacted the sender about that and he said he'd do it.

Now that I hit the 2 week mark, I decided to try USPS again. The person I spoke with said I had to speak with someone in the international package department. They tried to transfer me but hung up on me instead.

I called back and was on hold for 20 minutes. I was told that mail could sit at the ISC for up to 30 days. After she could offer no help she transferred me to her team lead. 

The team lead was the worst help I received so far. I asked why no one could contact the ISC, which is 60 miles from my house, and I was told that that wasn't the protocol. She refused to transfer me to their international department because she said they will only tell the sender in the UK what happened to my package; not me. She then said she was going to disconnect the call because she couldn't help me any further. I told her that their service was unacceptable and illogical. She basically said you're welcome and hung up on me.

What a disaster! Then they go and cry to the news once a year about how they aren't making any money. Maybe it's being their service is the absolute worst!

Community Member

in reply to juzmoon

I'm happy for those who are experiencing success. 

My package from the UK has been sitting at the NY ISC since October 24th. 

14 days and counting!!!

Community Member

in reply to jtisch.727

Seems like I may be on the lucky side also. Hopefully it doesn't get caught up anywhere else.

November 5, 2015 , 5:20 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

FLUSHING, NY 11351 

Your item arrived at our USPS facility in FLUSHING, NY 11351 on November 5, 2015 at 5:20 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

November 4, 2015 , 10:09 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) 

November 1, 2015 , 8:41 am

SHENZHEN EMS, CHINA

October 31, 2015 , 7:01 pm

Acceptance

CHINA

Community Member

in reply to coinsandmilitary

I heard the reason mail is so slow is because so many smaller POs have been shut down.  Does not make sense to me when a package can take 2 full days to travel a distance of 43 miles between two cities.  On the other hand, if there are POs in smaller towns that have been shut down, then mail trucks are having to travel to the next closest PO for delivery.  I have had packages take nearly two weeks to reach a destination that normally took a week or less.  Pretty bad.  Don't even mention letters that never reach their destinations.  What's up with that?  Our mail carrier won't take packages out for delivery....she leaves them for the carrier that works the next day to deliver.  How can they get by with that?

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Community Member

in reply to juzmoon

This service simply terrible, my package is already on October 31 in sorting!
It is a horror

Tracking #:CV021498802CZ
Carrier:USPS
Oct-31-15, 16:26 PM, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Oct-29-15, 12:14 PM, PRAHA 120

Acceptance
Oct-28-15, 16:49 PM

Community Member

in reply to juzmoon

With all the horror stories on this subject, I guess I got really lucky.I had nightmares thinking about those delays at the ISC in New York. My package from Japan, a camera, was scheduled for delivery between Nov. 13 and Nov. 20. Here it is Nov.4 and it is out for delivery as we speak.

Updated Delivery Day: Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Your item arrived at the Post Office at 5:53 am on November 4, 2015 in DUNEDIN, FL 34698.

November 4, 2015 , 2:06 am

Departed USPS Facility

TAMPA, FL 33605 

November 3, 2015 , 7:46 pm

Arrived at USPS Facility

TAMPA, FL 33605 

November 2, 2015 , 8:48 am

Arrived at USPS Facility

KEARNY, NJ 07032 

October 31, 2015 , 7:16 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)