eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means?

in reply to rcom7177

Thanks for the Info, The USPS lost my Package at ISC /JFK 8 months ago and they claimed it was shipped to Destination and it was not . I called the 1-800 number on the Custom Declration form and explained  the situation,on my lost package that I am waiting for the last 8 months. He said well go and write to your congress representative about your issue.  After reading your note I realized what has happened to my Package. But the USPS is covering it up, Thanks to you I know now.

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to jaysunlucero

\g.

Community Member

in reply to juzmoon
I have a package that I ordered from Thailand and the tracking number says that it was processed through ISC New York on July 2nd. today is the 16th and it still has not moved at all from ISC. Wth?! USPS needs to get with it. It's no wonder noone likes to use the postal service anymore. Smh
Community Member

in reply to ferretfuzzy

Well here's the latest , my package moved through and out of ICS in three days ,  was taken to Garden City and stayed there for two days and has arrived from ICS to my house in NC .

Total,   approx one week .

Community Member

in reply to 221000122216

ISC New York still VERY slow. Have a packag there for a while, smh. USPS is really getting pathetic.  ISC is NOT customs it's a sort facility used by USPS and a LOT of USPS offices don't even know that!!!  Just called my post office and the lady knew nothing of ISC or what it is!!!! wow Smiley Sad 

Community Member

in reply to nenedinguis1
Guys ISC JFK is not the problem believe me. I am a Postal Worker that works at ISC/JFK as a ramp Clerk (I am out on the Field making sure the Airlines are Bringing the mail into the facility and making sure all outbound mail is going on the right flights ETC. I been employed for almost 38 years at JFK, and believe me their is major problems with the AirLines Ramp Personnel they are the guys or girls they when the plane lands at JFK they go into the bully of the plane and take out all MAILS and Luggage then they bring all the mail into the facility, now these Airlines Clerks DO NOT WORK FOR THE AIRLINES they are contracted workers only making $10-$12.00 an hour with little or no benefits. And these people are always trying to ROB and Take your packages and believe me it's a big problem at JFK. Years ago up to 1982 these airlines had their own people doing the ramp they were employed by the airlines making $25-$30.00 an hour with flying benefits do they were honest. As far as postal workers are concern we make a great salary $60,000 a year with overtime, we get 440 hours of vacation per year if employed over 12 years plus we get 4 hours of sick leave per check (2) pay checks per month so Postal Workers are not stealing your mail as they do not want to get fired. Postal inspectors try to catch these ramp clerks working for the airlines and they are doing the best they can. Here is a phone number that will connect you with the Tour Desk at ISC/JFK...718 553 7286. Good Luck to all...
Community Member

in reply to rockyd.2012

Has the speed improved through this facility yet or is it still atrocious as ever .  If anyone got the message ( Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York USPS) within the last few weeks have you recieved any updates or deliveries ?

Thank you

Community Member

in reply to postermike

postermike wrote:
how about the other way around. NY to china????

Nope.  No problem the other way.  I mail items to China all the time and it'snot that expensive for smaller items.

I shipped 10 ea., 128 GB, HD/SD Cards to China and it cost me $15.08, total.

Because it was so low they refunded me the shipping also!

First-Class Package International Service® Affordable International Service

An economical way to send small packages to more than 180 countries. Send anything up to 4 lbs (cannot exceed $400 in value). From $7.10.

USPS International Shipping

Community Member

in reply to juzmoon
Tracking :LN998502865CN
Abdur Rahmoan
34 38 34 th st ,APT 3R
Astoria ,NY 11106
PH:6463997560
Community Member

in reply to juzmoon
Tracking :LN998502865CN
Abdur Rahman
34-38 34 TH ST,APT 3R
Astoria,NY 11106
PH:6463997560
Community Member

in reply to juzmoon
Tracking :998502865CN
Abdur Rahman
34-38 34 Th St ,APT 3R
Astoria,NY 11106
Oh:646 399 7560
Community Member

in reply to juzmoon

ISC New York was the longest step inshipment of my order- nine days.  Parcel tracking, for jewelry pendant from Thailand to Connecticut:

Jun 1: Ordered online via air Thailand to USA

Jun 6: Acceptance Thailand

Jun 7 Processed through sort facility, SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE (SMC), THAILAND

Jun 9 Processed through sort facitity, ISC NEW YORK NY (USPS)

Jun 18 Arrived at USPS facility Garden City NY

Jun 20 6:14 AM arrived local Conn. P.O.

Jun 20 11 AM delivered.

Community Member

in reply to juzmoon
Ok I am not sure because my package say processed threw ISC and inbound to customs. So this is crazy I never had a problem with shipments from China until now.
Community Member

in reply to nenedinguis1

I have a feeling they are stealing packages in ISC NY. I have a package from UK that has been sitting there since the 8th. I am about to drive up there in person.

Community Member

in reply to juzmoon
This is bad im still waiting for my pack and it makes me never to order from this site that deals with this P.O. No More
Community Member

in reply to juzmoon
Everybody says you can't track it after but you can if you use the app called "aftership" I use it it's mad good
Community Member

in reply to skygear.ny
how about the other way around. NY to china????
Community Member

in reply to juzmoon
ISC is NOT customs! It is the international sort facility for JFK or whatever major airport your parcel is flown in.

Also, it is very misleading to say that your items, if not received, were confiscated by customs. 100% untrue. Customs is REQUIRED to send a letter no more than 30 days after your items is seized. Usually this is within 2-3 weeks from my experience. Thus, if you haven't received an item whose final destination was "processed through ISC" then chances are the parcel is lost and may just pop up whenever. I had mine show up randomly 3 months after EMS shipment.
Community Member

in reply to t77kel

in reply to rcpilot51103

Packages at ISC NY are mostly stolen or lost. I`ve had 5 shipment in last couple of months never received.

Your response is ludicrous. If you have not received your parcels, they were likely confiscated by Customs, not stolen or lost by ISC NY, which is a USPS international sort facility. I would venture to believe USPS employees value their stressful jobs and will not risk losing them by "stealing" parcels.

Community Member

in reply to juzmoon

No. Your buyer has not yet received the bag. When the USPS update shows a green "Delivered" on your tacking number, then you can relax.

Concerning all those who are concerned about the terrible slow downs we have had with incoming and outgoing parcels, it is ALL due to the elimination of certain facilities and consolidation of not only Post Offices, but major sort facilities and ICS - USPS sites where international parcels are processed through.

Here are a few links to further your frustration, but knowing the facts is better than guesswork and theories:

USPS Network Rationalization Plan

http://about.usps.com/news/facility-studies/welcome.htm

Excel chart showing which areas are affected:

http://about.usps.com/news/service-alerts/NRC/2015/NRC-2015-05012015.xls

Quick FAQs

https://about.usps.com/news/electronic-press-kits/our-future-network/assets/pdf/ofn-phase-2-faqs.pdf