eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

Marketing Image for Answer Center Section

GROUPS

Groups are a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Marketing image for Groups Section

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Marketing Image for Announcements Section
Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Marketing image for eBay Community Policies Section
Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Re: What does Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS) means?

in reply to postermike

postermike wrote:
how about the other way around. NY to china????

Nope.  No problem the other way.  I mail items to China all the time and it'snot that expensive for smaller items.

I shipped 10 ea., 128 GB, HD/SD Cards to China and it cost me $15.08, total.

Because it was so low they refunded me the shipping also!

First-Class Package International Service® Affordable International Service

An economical way to send small packages to more than 180 countries. Send anything up to 4 lbs (cannot exceed $400 in value). From $7.10.

USPS International Shipping

Community Member

in reply to juzmoon
Tracking :LN998502865CN
Abdur Rahmoan
34 38 34 th st ,APT 3R
Astoria ,NY 11106
PH:6463997560
Community Member

in reply to juzmoon
Tracking :LN998502865CN
Abdur Rahman
34-38 34 TH ST,APT 3R
Astoria,NY 11106
PH:6463997560
Community Member

in reply to juzmoon
Tracking :998502865CN
Abdur Rahman
34-38 34 Th St ,APT 3R
Astoria,NY 11106
Oh:646 399 7560
Community Member

in reply to juzmoon

ISC New York was the longest step inshipment of my order- nine days.  Parcel tracking, for jewelry pendant from Thailand to Connecticut:

Jun 1: Ordered online via air Thailand to USA

Jun 6: Acceptance Thailand

Jun 7 Processed through sort facility, SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE (SMC), THAILAND

Jun 9 Processed through sort facitity, ISC NEW YORK NY (USPS)

Jun 18 Arrived at USPS facility Garden City NY

Jun 20 6:14 AM arrived local Conn. P.O.

Jun 20 11 AM delivered.

Community Member

in reply to juzmoon
Ok I am not sure because my package say processed threw ISC and inbound to customs. So this is crazy I never had a problem with shipments from China until now.
Community Member

in reply to nenedinguis1

I have a feeling they are stealing packages in ISC NY. I have a package from UK that has been sitting there since the 8th. I am about to drive up there in person.

Community Member

in reply to juzmoon
This is bad im still waiting for my pack and it makes me never to order from this site that deals with this P.O. No More
Community Member

in reply to juzmoon
Everybody says you can't track it after but you can if you use the app called "aftership" I use it it's mad good
Community Member

in reply to skygear.ny
how about the other way around. NY to china????
Community Member

in reply to juzmoon
ISC is NOT customs! It is the international sort facility for JFK or whatever major airport your parcel is flown in.

Also, it is very misleading to say that your items, if not received, were confiscated by customs. 100% untrue. Customs is REQUIRED to send a letter no more than 30 days after your items is seized. Usually this is within 2-3 weeks from my experience. Thus, if you haven't received an item whose final destination was "processed through ISC" then chances are the parcel is lost and may just pop up whenever. I had mine show up randomly 3 months after EMS shipment.
Community Member

in reply to t77kel

in reply to rcpilot51103

Packages at ISC NY are mostly stolen or lost. I`ve had 5 shipment in last couple of months never received.

Your response is ludicrous. If you have not received your parcels, they were likely confiscated by Customs, not stolen or lost by ISC NY, which is a USPS international sort facility. I would venture to believe USPS employees value their stressful jobs and will not risk losing them by "stealing" parcels.

Community Member

in reply to juzmoon

No. Your buyer has not yet received the bag. When the USPS update shows a green "Delivered" on your tacking number, then you can relax.

Concerning all those who are concerned about the terrible slow downs we have had with incoming and outgoing parcels, it is ALL due to the elimination of certain facilities and consolidation of not only Post Offices, but major sort facilities and ICS - USPS sites where international parcels are processed through.

Here are a few links to further your frustration, but knowing the facts is better than guesswork and theories:

USPS Network Rationalization Plan

http://about.usps.com/news/facility-studies/welcome.htm

Excel chart showing which areas are affected:

http://about.usps.com/news/service-alerts/NRC/2015/NRC-2015-05012015.xls

Quick FAQs

https://about.usps.com/news/electronic-press-kits/our-future-network/assets/pdf/ofn-phase-2-faqs.pdf

Community Member

in reply to gdprun
ISC is a customs facility.
Community Member

in reply to rcpilot51103

Packages at ISC NY are mostly stolen or lost. I`ve had 5 shipment in last couple of months never received.

Community Member

in reply to 78892314

Hola! I don't think you are allowed to use that word when posting even if it is in Spanish  Buenas Tardeshappy emo.gif!

How much better life would be, if a liar's pants really did catch fire!  winking fire flame photo: smile flame smiley_fire.gif

Community Member

in reply to juzmoon
Servicio de mierda 14 dos tiene mi pedido de estar con ustedes y no sea movido
Community Member

in reply to juzmoon

Inspector General put out a report today soliciting comments on the new sorting machines. Apparently these have just been rolled out in 5 pilot testing locations at/around February of this year. If so that explains the heavy delays, mis-routing, and automatic rejects that the machine gives for "unreadable" address which prompts a return to sender. Even domestic packages with priority 2 day shipping are being delayed 10 or so days. My shipment on tradesy is caught up in this mess and my buyer two states away isn't happy (understandibly, I'm going through the same thing w/ my parcel from China). 

https://www.uspsoig.gov/audit-asks/what-do-you-think-new-package-sorter 

http://www.news.ruralinfo.net/2015/04/what-do-you-think-of-the-new-package-sorter-office-of-inspecto...

Community Member

in reply to vane_dors

Best of luck on the phone number.  I've now spoken to three postmasters at three different locations.  They've all told me that ISC is customs and they are unable to help until the tracking shows that it is now in the hands of the post office.  I'm eagerly awaiting your info as my package has been stuck there for over a year.

Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to miss_erin_knows

OK, I want to share this data point and hopefully ease some anxities since this is a popular topic. 

I just got off the phone (after being bounced around by USPS) to a US Customs rep in JFK. I told her my situation (packaged delayed since April 1st) and gave my tracking. She told me that ISC New York (USPS) is NOT customs. It is basically a very large post office, or as the name suggest, international sort center . Essentially parcels that come off the plane in JFK are first manually inspected (x-ray, radar, visual) and those that require more scutiny will go to customs, the others will go to ISC.

She said that if you see "Processed Through Sort Facility ISC New York (USPS)" then your item is at the ISC post office in JFK waiting to be transferred (by plane or vehicle) to your local post office, depending on how far you are from JFK. These parcels will NOT go through customs. If it does go through customs the scan would say "Inbound into customs" first, before being processed through the ISC.  

Hope this helps. It is solely a USPS issue and not customs as I've commonly heard. They suck and at this point it's just a waiting game...I'll try to find a good phone number for ISC and share it with ya'll.